Hej og hilser velkommen.

(536 Posts)
ImperialBlether Sat 17-Nov-12 14:57:30

It's on tonight! Get your herrings and your jumpers and your tattoo of Troels on show and join me on the sofa for series 3 of The Killing.

DonkeysInTheStableAtMidnight Wed 05-Dec-12 21:08:38

Borch free zone as it happens but Lund pissing off both police, politicians & army as she investigates grisly murders at home linked to Danish military peacekeeping forces in Afghanistan.

frankinsensible Wed 05-Dec-12 21:22:27

Oh - I thought from the way they were talking that Borch must have been introduced in K2.

Virtuallyarts Thu 06-Dec-12 07:36:24

Frankin I can see how you got that impression about Borch. Particularly the fact that sarah's mother recognised Borch straight away and was chatting as if their previous meeting was a couple of years ago - it didn't come across as if it had been 25 years!
However, it emerged that they met at the police academy in training - hence the discussion here about whether Mark is really Borch's son. Mark is ?18 though, not 24, so I think there are no revelations to come on that front.
Only three days to go!

Smeggnog Thu 06-Dec-12 09:55:53

Thanks everyone. I have a Sara! She's lovely, all went really well (and FAST!) and we got home yesterday afternoon. Very chilled out right now, although I'm sure that will change.

I've never watched The Bridge or Borgen. My DFIL raves about Borgen, but I wasn't sure if I would be interested as it's all political, isn't it? I think we were also watching Spiral season 1 on DVD at the time, which we really enjoyed. Really must watch season 2!

crunchbag Thu 06-Dec-12 11:30:11

Lovely Smegg, congratulations smile

GalaxyDisaster Thu 06-Dec-12 15:03:39

Ooh, just found this thread.

My theory is that Louise's murder is nothing to do with her father. I think her father (or possibly even a very dodgy abusive paedophile boyfriend) is an important politician who picked her up in the black car. I think he probably then dropped her, alive, somewhere else. From where someone else entirely attacked and killed her.

Someone in government found out, and thinks they are protecting the politician from the scandal of being involved. But in doing so, they have covered up the murder itself IYSWIM.

I think the avenging kidnapper is not necessarily Louise's father, but a sibling, or boyfriend, or some other relationship.

As to who it is, no idea. grin

frankinsensible Thu 06-Dec-12 15:50:14

Good theory and that would possibly tie in with virtually's theory that Karin is involved.

I think I got the wrong idea about the Borsch thing because of the way he was talking about her relationship with Mark as if he had been around when it was all going wrong

GalaxyDisaster Thu 06-Dec-12 15:52:15

I did wonder if Lund and Borsch have seen each other more recently than everyone else knows about IYSWIM?

DonkeysInTheStableAtMidnight Thu 06-Dec-12 15:57:09

Hi Smeggnog hope DD is snuggling and you are enjoying lots of cuddles. Quick straightforward birth, wonderful!

The Bridge featured killer hunted by 2 detectives, 1 outgoing family man (Danish) and 1 "challenging personality" single woman (Swedish) who has no people skills and drives a mustard coloured classic Porsche.

Borgen is a different kettle of fish but still tense drama - female PM, home + family (married to hunky Ulrik fr The Killing 2 lucky her) vs political deals + back stabbing, plus juicy parallel story re: her bit-of-a-maverick male advisor/spin doctor and attractive ex gf who is a tv journalist. Elements of nefarious goings on if not the whodunnit blood spattered type.

Agree with Galaxy, perp doesn't necessarily have to be related to Louise, nor does her killer have to have been same mystery black car driver who picked up her with the bike.

GingersarealwaysToms Fri 07-Dec-12 22:05:31

Hi all, hope it's ok just to jump in - just found you. I agree with Galaxy above. Does anyone else think that Zeuthen's assistant (the older guy) is somehow involved? He didn't relay nanny's message to Zeuthen immediately in first episode, putting Emilie in more danger; and there just seems to be a bit of camera-lingering on him. Red herring maybe? I've just watched all 6 episodes this week and can't wait for tomorrow night's.

DonkeysInTheStableAtMidnight Fri 07-Dec-12 22:31:31

The week drags between episodes wink. Reinhardt is pretty high up on the suspects' list. I'm glad you mentioned the nanny Gingers it seemed odd to me she never got interviewed onscreen but I guess there's a limit to the number of characters and speaking parts.

I hope they don't kill Lund off!

frankinsensible Fri 07-Dec-12 22:42:45

Ooh - they said this is definitely the last one so maybe they would kill her off. But they wouldn't would they? They would though...

I can't even remember the nanny fgs - knew it was a bad idea to stay up til 2am watching on the iplayer. They are definitely lingering and fingering at Reinhardt but there's no way, based on what we've seen so far, to determine what his motive would be.

DonkeysInTheStableAtMidnight Fri 07-Dec-12 22:47:01

shock Really hope not, frankinsensible! I know they say it's the last, but maybe further down the line they'll change their minds, never say never.

teejwood Fri 07-Dec-12 22:54:19

Smeg!!!! Congratulations and hope little Sarah is being good for you - and not going into any darkened rooms on her own without appropriate backup wink

Right - thinking still confuddled (especially due to wine) but am now of the opinion they have cheated us a bit - we haven't really seen the killer of the sailors, the prosecutor and Emilie's kidnapper (except in shadow). But we have seen Louise's killer. So they have subverted the normal pattern in that way. We have had "killer 1" (ie the original murder) since the start as usual, if you like, but not "killer 2/kidnapper" - it's the difference between the killer Lund is investigating (to eventually find Emilie) and the kidnapper/killer Borch wants to nab.

The other thing I have thought - the kidnapper never intended to kill Emilie. His rage will mean the end of culpable adults (as he sees it) but I don't think this person is a child killer. I don't believe he ever intended to kill Emilie - but he did want Zeuthen to believe she was dead, with all the pain that entails. He didn't just happen to approach the bridge that way. He didn't just happen to have the kit to hand to make sure that it looks like Emilie has been bumped off when he changed his mind at the last minute. It was all pre-planned.

For those of us who recall previous series, when we were shouting "Look at the bloody files!!!" (and similar) at the screen - do we think this year's "Look at the bloody files" is "Ask the boy!!!!"?

GalaxyDisaster Fri 07-Dec-12 22:59:17

Yes! Why hasn't Carl been asked more!

DonkeysInTheStableAtMidnight Fri 07-Dec-12 23:02:09

<whimper> who's Carl??

GalaxyDisaster Fri 07-Dec-12 23:04:53

Emilie's brother. Isn't he? Is it Karl? Is it something else and i just made that name up?

teejwood Fri 07-Dec-12 23:04:58

Exactly, Galaxy They're trying to protect Carl but in so doing are losing the chance to find Emilie, imho.

crunchbag Fri 07-Dec-12 23:06:35

Carl is Emilie's brother.

E7 & 8 tomorrow

teejwood Fri 07-Dec-12 23:07:54

It's Carl <nods in an affirmative way>, Emilie's brother. Of course a younger brother would have spied upon his big sister (or was that just my brother hmm?)

GalaxyDisaster Fri 07-Dec-12 23:10:03

Well, they seem to have spent a lot of time alone in that big house (i.e without other children), I'd have thought he'd have a fair idea what his sister was up to.

DonkeysInTheStableAtMidnight Fri 07-Dec-12 23:21:35

Emilie's brother! Thank you! Thank heavens, I thought I'd missed some major figure. Yes when he hugged his mum when Maja was crying over losing Emilie, I felt quite choked, another well acted moment. (At the same time wondered, has he aged like 2 years, he looked so small back at Robert's house and now he was speaking coherent sentences!).

Quite agree, he might well know something vital.

teejwood Fri 07-Dec-12 23:27:12

They are putting forward two main suspects for the driver of the car imho:
- reinhardt
- (more likely, given he was trying to hush up something) ussing

It is possible that is our next red herring - remember series 1?? What if the driver of the car was just that - a driver of a car who gave a girl a lift to the garage?

I did wonder about Kamper's son, but surely he would have been dead before then, as he is talked about like something in his more distant past (so would imagine more than 2-3 yrs)? That said, I would bet there is more to come out about his son's death.

Also - I still don't trust Maja's new bf. If he could get Zeuthen to kill himself (guilt at Emilie's supposed death) then I'm guessing Maja and the kids would inherit everything. Money and sex - the great motivators.... what if he isn't the killer (Louise's father?) but just directing things behind the scenes?

teejwood Fri 07-Dec-12 23:36:49

Sorry just to make the last point slightly clearer - the pathologist's death indicated someone with medical knowledge - and the bf is the only medical bod we have met as far as we know. So he may be in cahoots with the kidnapper, who may be Louise's father, enabling him to be close to everything without actually having to be there iykwim.
Mmm
The perp also needs to know about HGV's, CCTV, technology and communications. That is a pretty broad range for one person...

Does anyone know if there are 10 episodes (ie finishes on 15 Dec) or if it's on for 10 weeks?

Tak.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now