Hej og hilser velkommen.

(536 Posts)
ImperialBlether Sat 17-Nov-12 14:57:30

It's on tonight! Get your herrings and your jumpers and your tattoo of Troels on show and join me on the sofa for series 3 of The Killing.

crunchbag Tue 04-Dec-12 20:47:40

Regarding the subtitling, I found this on the other blog which states the nuances we are missing:

The question about the fate of Emilie after the shooting scene has been raised by several posters. So let me confirm, that she is still alive as an extremely important sentence was missed and not translated at all. If you go on the iPlayer (eps 6 & 50:41) Brix is about to finish his conversation with Lund over the mobile "Lund for helvede", when Brix's right-hand man approaching and telling him, that the girl has been located. The subtitle says -"The salvage team has located the remains of the girl" However, in Danish he is saying "De har fundet pigen eller det som skal forestille pigen" Translated the full sentence should read "They have located the girl or what is supposed to be the girl". with the camera having a side view shot of Brix saying nothing, but starring after him only.

ClaraDeLaNoche Tue 04-Dec-12 20:52:13

Well done Crunchbag. This is good news, da?

Virtually I thought you were suggesting she would be doing a rude thing with another woman. Another twist?

ClaraDeLaNoche Tue 04-Dec-12 20:53:17

Bah not Virtually! Visual. Am giving up now.

frankinsensible Tue 04-Dec-12 20:57:37

I thought virtually meant assignation with the kidnapper and that it might be a she?

Visualarts Tue 04-Dec-12 21:09:48

Returning shortly. You may not recognise me.
That is an amazingly different translation crunch - yes, it could mean many different things. But almost certainly that emilie is not dead, i hope.

Virtuallyarts Tue 04-Dec-12 21:17:00

So. Where was i?
Oh yes, deciding that Karin must be implicated. actually i really like karin, much nicer than that drippy centre party woman, but that doesn't exonerate her considering there is a long way to go before the happy ending with sarah holding eva and mark's baby in her arms.

frankinsensible Tue 04-Dec-12 21:21:09

Sorry visual/virtually! blush
I blame this show, it's frying my brain dammit. Karin implicated how?

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Tue 04-Dec-12 21:22:12

I know Mark is not the easiest to get on with but can see how work driven Sarah is and although she loves him isn't very good at prioritising. After what he must have told Eva I was surprised Eva approached Sarah. When they went for the scan Sarah seemed very moved by the image - another subtle scene beautifully shot.
Dodgy parenting is a theme isn't it?

Virtuallyarts Tue 04-Dec-12 21:43:21

Exactly frankin, I am clutching at straws! But. There may well be a political conspiracy/cover up. maybe karin discovered something that would damage the Pm's reputation, to do with louise's death, and got special branch to hush it up. hang on, what does that remind me of?

ClaraDeLaNoche Tue 04-Dec-12 21:50:22

Much better Virtually!

So should I revisit the second season? Heard today that The Bridge is better than The Killing, surely not.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Tue 04-Dec-12 21:57:56

Chauffeurs/bodyguards probably have carte blanche to drive their employers' swanky vehicles. It wouldn't have to be a public figure... Special Branch would hush up what they could.

Virtuallyarts Tue 04-Dec-12 22:00:29

The bridge is excellent as well - it would see you through the wait for next saturday's killing!

redlac Tue 04-Dec-12 22:04:16

I LOVED the Bridge and I do think it is slightly better than the Killing, but just slightly

Deux Tue 04-Dec-12 22:15:06

So glad I found this thread. I'm finding it totally baffling this time. I fell asleep during the start of Ep 6 and it seems to have had some kind of amnesiac effect. I'm going to have to watch 5 and 6 again.

I've struggled a bit to get into this one and whenever the political scenes are on I find myself thinking it's Borgen blush.

My Skandi ranking is: Kiliing 1, The Bridge, Killing 2, Borgen, Killing 3. Have deliberately excluded Wallander.

LaVolcan Tue 04-Dec-12 22:33:16

My ranking would be Killing 1, Killing 3, The Bridge/Borgen in joint 3rd place and Killing 2 last. I watched Killing 1 again, am watching Killing 3 again ( half an hour to go) but didn't feel like watching any of the others again.

Wallander - I think I have seen them all twice. Krister Hendrikson is the Wallander for me.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Tue 04-Dec-12 23:19:37

The Killing 1 closely followed by
The Bridge
can't decide yet between The Killing 2 and 3.

Borgen is very good but I don't feel it's in this category, I know it involved a cover-up but a different genre altogether.

SmeggingAroundTheChristmasTree Wed 05-Dec-12 06:11:59

Good news! I popped the sprog at 6:30pm-ish yesterday, so will definitely not miss Saturday's episodes!

Got my priorities right, haven't I? grin

Well done, Smegging, and many congratulations. Nice timing!

Virtuallyarts Wed 05-Dec-12 07:03:49

Wonderful news smeg, that is excellent! And hope you are all well,

Congratulations Smegging. thanks

ClaraDeLaNoche Wed 05-Dec-12 08:02:44

Lovely lovely news! Congratulations and hope you are well.

Did you have a Sara or a Borch?

SminkoPinko Wed 05-Dec-12 08:08:55

millions of congratulations, smegging. I think Brix would be a cool name for a baby boy, btw!

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Wed 05-Dec-12 09:16:21

thanks Congratulations, Smegging and family!! Hope you and your newborn are doing well smile

frankinsensible Wed 05-Dec-12 15:44:04

Congratulations smegging, sprog's got great timing! smile

Brix would be cool for a girl or boy

frankinsensible Wed 05-Dec-12 20:41:38

What happened in Killing 2 anyway - was it any good? Obviously there was some hanky-panky with Borsch but what was the crime?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now