Corrie addicts! [Possible spoilers]

(1000 Posts)
kenanddreary Fri 16-Nov-12 19:26:09

So what do we all make of Marcus and Maria now? Think people are being a tad unfair on them. Even Kirk!!!

Loved Steve locking rob in the van.

Looking forward to seeing where the Tina pregnancy thread will go - hope Tommy comes to terms with it all. Loved the happy faces of Izzy and Gary.

Nancy66 Tue 05-Feb-13 22:28:54

Rita needs a good storyline the poor old duck - all she ever does is pop into the Rovers for a Vodka and Tonic and offer up some sage advice to: Gail, Audrey or Sally.

Mind you Emily hasn't had more than one line in years.

SoleSource Tue 05-Feb-13 22:44:31

Lewis's built up.shoes, that was hilare!!

Bakingnovice Wed 06-Feb-13 08:41:00

I feel really sorry for Gail. Poor sod.

LarkinSky Wed 06-Feb-13 08:44:23

I just read some spoilers on Digital Spy and decided the Tyrone storyline has just become too miserable for me. I'm going to have to take a Corrie break until the plotline becomes a bit sunnier brew. Where will it all end?!

Chippychop Wed 06-Feb-13 09:31:53

Yes it's a bit depressin but we can desert ty in his hour of need can we?
Is he leaving the series does anyone know or going off on real life PL?

My money is on looney tunes having a mentle and showing her true colours

YouOldSlag Wed 06-Feb-13 09:44:11

I think Kirsty will have a meltdown and it will be witnessed or recorded. OR her Mum will talk her into dropping all charges as her Mum is a victim like Ty.

Either way, Natalie is definitely leaving and the "insider sources" have confirmed that their audience needs to see justice, so maybe they are making things look as if there is no way out before swooping in with a nice little satisfying resolution.

I hope.

Nancy66 Wed 06-Feb-13 10:05:19

...yeah but as soon as the Tyrone/Ruby/Kirsty storyline is over it will be straight into the tedious Tommy/Tina/Gary/Izzy surrogate baby one again.

As, I imagine, Tina is going to refuse to hand over the baby

Chippychop Wed 06-Feb-13 10:17:43

Justice will be done!!!!!

whatkungfuthat Wed 06-Feb-13 10:28:01

Justice will indeed be done, just at an interminably slow, dull and painful pace. The Sunitta/Carl storyline looks like it died on its arse, what was the point?

Nancy66 Wed 06-Feb-13 11:42:13

...whatkingfu - that's being resurrected v.soon.

whatkungfuthat Wed 06-Feb-13 11:46:12

Thanks Nancy, I've just seen the spoiler (WTAF?) wink

YouOldSlag Wed 06-Feb-13 11:57:23

kungfu- I agree. Justice will be done but loads of viewers will have lost interest by then.

Nancy66 Wed 06-Feb-13 12:17:43

Tyrone will marry Fiz and little Ruby will live happily ever after (with a woman who once married a serial killer as a step mother.)

...I wish Cilla would come back. She was ace.

YouOldSlag Wed 06-Feb-13 13:57:40

Cilla doesn't need to come back. they've got Beth now. Or Bethcilla as I call her.
Actually Bethzilla sounds better.

Bakingnovice Wed 06-Feb-13 14:16:56

Oh god I'd love it if ty left. He's terrible. Gets all the nig storylines but really can't do them justice. He's best doing what he started in corrie as - a bumbling little fool with a silly grin on his face. This storyline with Kirsty is just ridiculous and wrung out. But like nancy said, once it's done we've got the horrible surrogacy storyline and no doubt Owen and his thuggishness will be displayed. Then it's the joy of kylies birth and who is the father. Ffs. I'm tempted to switch over myself.

Can't stand fizz, Tyrone, Julie, Owen, Anna, Sophie, Jenna, Mandy, Tracy, rob, Michelle, Stella, Eva, Leanne.. Actually apart from the oldies like Rita and Roy there's hardly anyone I can bear to watch. The storylines are dire and unbelievable. There's more chiefs than Indians in the factory. Lloyd is dating his gran. Emily is babysitting every toddler in the street. Maria's 1.5 bed flat is housing half the corrie cast... It's endless.

Nancy66 Wed 06-Feb-13 14:51:22

...you forgot the factory that makes 2 pairs of knickers a year employing ever single resident.

whatkungfuthat Wed 06-Feb-13 15:30:26

I wish they would kill off Tracey Barlow, she is a dreadful character and the actress is dire

YouOldSlag Wed 06-Feb-13 16:11:02

Agree kungfu. She has that inane toothy grin on her face every time she speaks and her acting style seems really unrealistic. Her only function is to date any leftover blokes and say bitchy things whilst grinning. She ruins every scene for me.

Nancy66 Wed 06-Feb-13 16:14:04

I would like to cull:

Tommy
Tina
Dev
Sunita
Anna
Owen
Mandy
Jenna
Sophie
Tracey
Michelle
Rob
Carla
Karl
Eva
Sean
Maria
Marcus
Simon
Jason
Eileen's fireman bloke

I'd keep:

Eileen
Steve
Roy
Beth
Roy's mum
Stella
Deirdre and Ken
Norris
Rita
Sally and Kevin
Nick, Kylie, Leanne, David, Gail and Audrey
Peter

PoppyAmex Wed 06-Feb-13 16:19:16

Just looking at your list, Nancy and I must say I agree fully!
You just forgot to get rid of LeAnne.

Just read the spoilers; guess the new chap is really keen to make his mark in a big way shock

whatkungfuthat Wed 06-Feb-13 16:29:00

YouOld me too, she delivers supposedly off-the-cuff 'witty' lines with that ridiculous grin that are way too convulted to be natural. In reality she has been such a monumental cowbag that no one would give her the time of day, let alone employ her. The same for a lot of the women really, Gail likes to dish out the poison with that horrible look on her face but her ex-H killed one resident and nearly killed another yet no one ever brings it up.

Nancy66 Wed 06-Feb-13 16:32:49

i would pardon Emily- just because she's been there forever.

Re. Tracy - her fringe always looks really greasy to me - is that meant to be a 'character' thing?

whatkungfuthat Wed 06-Feb-13 16:43:27

When is Simon going to be returned to his real parents? There is no way he is Peters with that blonde woman. He is the same shade of brown as my DS and has the same 'fro.

Nancy66 Wed 06-Feb-13 16:52:14

He does look mixed race doesn't he?

Also baby Ruby looks like she would have two black parents - not one white and one mixed race.

The Amy before the current one looked Mexican

ShruggedAndSaid Wed 06-Feb-13 17:38:11

When they select a baby for Tina, they need to remember that Tina is fake baked.

This thread is not accepting new messages.