Masterchef the Professionals

(66 Posts)

Anyone else watching this.

Bloody LOVE Monica grin

I think it might still be expanding in my tummy hmm it feels rather funny and full.
Will repeat above, do not add much bicarb. 3 teaspoons=too much.

PseudoBadger Thu 08-Nov-12 19:10:59

grin

NotAnotherPackedLunch Thu 08-Nov-12 19:15:52

Made the honeycomb after school and the DC and I have eaten so much "we spoiled our dinner" . Knew all my tv watching would be worth it some day.

Which recipe did you use NAPL? Did yours grow and grow and grow and try to take over the world?

Quite like this masterchef review.

NotAnotherPackedLunch Thu 08-Nov-12 19:47:02

Kitten - we followed Monica's instructions of equal sugar and golden syrup heated into a caramel and then stirred in the bicarbonate....and yes it fizzled and grew very impressively - DCs got very excited by this bit.
Next time we'll use a bit less bicarbonate as there was a bit of an aftertaste, but not enough to stop us stuffing our faces.

I should have listened to Monica properly shouldn't I!

Torn between young apprentice and masterchef! Which to watch first??

NellyBluth Thu 08-Nov-12 20:55:07

Kitten, that's good!

herbaceous Fri 09-Nov-12 15:11:46

Sad to see the back of Matt, though mainly because we, cruelly, likened him to both a deep-sea fish, and a cast member of Towie. He swiftly became known as the Deep Sea Towie.

I liked Anna, shame she went, but pastry chefs struggle with savoury dishes. James and Karl did very well in the short time they had and James' pudding was so pretty.

PseudoBadger Fri 09-Nov-12 17:21:43

I missed the end. Was Anna the pastry chef who served raw pastry earlier in the week?

She was.
I'm sad that Stephanie has gone. I liked her.

BadKitten - thanks for that link - brilliant and very funny review!

I LOVE Monica

Mediocre food (i.e. most of what gets served roubd here) gets a 'I could not serve this to michel' in our house

I liked Stephanie, but what was that sweet potato pudding all about? Looked unappetising too!

I want to have a go at making a lemon tart, but have to find the right recipe first.

Found this recipe funnily enough.

www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/380616/greggs-tangy-lemon-tart

Might try this on my friends next week when they come round for dinner. Eeek!

moogstera1 Tue 13-Nov-12 07:52:44

what in the name of sweet baby Jesus did that bloke make last night.
grey food is never good!

MsNobodyAgain Tue 13-Nov-12 09:59:47

He was bad. And the preview showed Monica gives someone a right pasting "I hate watching you work. It's disgusting, it's dirty, it's a disgrace" shock

It's gotta be grey food man.

BornSour Tue 13-Nov-12 10:58:42

Grey Food Man was the one who said in his little bit that a few years before he'd never even chopped an onion - and it showed.

What the heck was he doing on the professional MC? Also, I'd like to know where he works so I can avoid it...

Grey food was jaw droppingly bad. Very funny! Poor bloke though, I wonder what was going through his head as he presented the food.

And when Monica said that it was things,like that, that made her hate her job shock
I would have sobbed.

Only just found this thread. Grey food was hilarious, how on earth did he get on the show? The guy who served the cheesecake was my favourite last night, really young but seemed so confident. Looking forward to tonights episode with the lovely Michel smile

lynniep Tue 13-Nov-12 11:58:51

They all seem to be a bit sh*t this year. Not even in Ash's ballpark (he that won last year) or even the two young runners up from last year. Please let someone really blossom.

Brugmansia Tue 13-Nov-12 12:15:33

I always want to know more about their background on the professionals and why they've decided to go on. Less so with the young ones who are just starting out. It's the older contestants who've been in the industry for years I'm intrigued by, like Carl from last week who started in France in what seemed very classical way.

I wonder whether really they have just always been a bit mediocre and lack drive, hence they've not really succeeded. Or are they late bloomers who have struggled to have their talents recognised at a later stage of their careers? Or did they have some form of personal crisis that derailed a promising future?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now