Masterchef the Professionals

(66 Posts)

Anyone else watching this.

Bloody LOVE Monica grin

Aargh, thought it was on at 8:30 like yesterday!

Nope on now. It was a pain yesterday as it clashed with Only Connect.

The skills test is on!

Am 7 minutes behind! Unfortunate words from the young chap.

Poor chippy.

Watching it for the first time. Ingesting mix of abilities!

Ingesting??? Bugger, meant interesting

PseudoBadger Tue 06-Nov-12 20:31:38

Is this a repeat? Seems familiar

I've not seen this one before.

This one looks fun! Feel inspired to have a go.

NellyBluth Wed 07-Nov-12 20:15:58

Monica is AMAZING. I love her, and that look she has on her face when watching them do the technical challenge... grin I would be bloody terrified to cook in front of her.

Anyone got a favourite yet? I like Carl, the London chef. He looks as though he could go quite far.

PseudoBadger Wed 07-Nov-12 20:17:56

Love Monica grin

I like the guy from this episode who does the foraging

I love Michel Roux Jr! He is constructive, encouraging and gentlemanly. Many British chefs should take a leaf out of his book, and the lovely Raymond Blanc. I like Monica too. She is another chef who whilst not liking something explains why and isn't rude for the sake of it.

I like the lady (forget her name) she is keen to learn.
Is Karl the really competitive one who looks like a previous masterchef winner? I reckon he will win.

Jacaqueen Thu 08-Nov-12 10:39:02

I honestly did not know it was so easy to make honeycomb.

Aargh didn't know this was on so have sky plussed from tonight. My dh has a crush on Monica. He'll be pleased.

akaemmafrost Thu 08-Nov-12 12:17:57

No one in the history of the world has ever looked as horrified as Monica does on the mystery technical challenge but. She's so funny grin.

NellyBluth Thu 08-Nov-12 13:05:19

Karl/Carl (why are there no bios on the BBC website?!) is the chef who forgot to sieve the chicken mousse, but other than than it very good.

QuietNinja, I think that says something very Freudian about your DH grin

Lordy I have a crush on Monica!!!
I'm not at all gay but she even makes my knees wobbly a bit - I don't know what on earth it is, but I fancy her totally.

Love love love MCTP!

I am absolutely going to try to make honeycomb. it looks really easy. In fact, just adding honey to the shopping list!

it is very easy and quick to make - I've never made it with honey though (don't really like honey) - I use golden syrup.

grin

I have golden syrup! yay!
do you reckon I could make it instead of the bangers and mash I was going to make for dinner?

oh I dont have golden syrup sad
I do have some very old honey though.

oh dear.

I don't recommend this recipe in the size tin they say with that much bicarb and dont try and stretch out the honey with maple syrup!

It grew and grew like the legendary magic porridge. It foamed out of the tin I was pouring it into and grew and grew even more. I had to grab another tin quick and now I have honeycomb everywhere.

It sets instantly, all over the cooker, spoons, work tops and pan. Plus I overcooked it a bit so it is going to test our teeth rather more than a crunchie would.
tastes bloody good though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now