Walking dead! This weeks episode! Full of spoilers so DO NOT READ!

(709 Posts)
Rachel130690 Mon 05-Nov-12 22:07:28

I need to discuss this episode in great detail!! Can someone who has seen it please comment on what you think is the best bit? Also did you think it was very sad?

and that finally looks right have I figured out how to spell it just as the series ends? grin

ILikeToClean Sat 06-Apr-13 00:02:21

Can I ask, how come Milton "turned"? Thought you had to be bitten to turn into a walker, but he was stabbed? Confused?!

Aspiemum2 Sat 06-Apr-13 00:06:55

They're all infected so when they die they turn which is why poor Carl ended up shooting his mum sad

susiedaisy Sat 06-Apr-13 00:16:07

Just finished watching it, god that was tense with Andrea trying to escape before Milton turned I couldn't bare to watch it, hate the governor he needs to go down angry

TwllBach Sat 06-Apr-13 07:33:32

I have to say that I didn't give two shiney shites about Andrea and Milton, nor did I think michone and Andreas scene was particularly moving - I found the scenes with Carl extremely interesting though. I suppose he's young enough for the new world to create an entirely different person just by default.

I did think the scene at the beginning when he had his hat off showed just how much he had grown up though. When he puts te hat back on he's almost making himself a child again... For now (dum dum dummmm)

Did anyone else see the last shot, of that cross?

Yes, I assumed that was for Andrea

"ILikeToClean Sat 06-Apr-13 00:02:21

Can I ask, how come Milton "turned"? Thought you had to be bitten to turn into a walker, but he was stabbed? Confused?!"

Yes, they are all infected (remember Sean) but you've just reminded me...I thought it was only Rick's lot who knew about that - thought the scientist guy told Rick - but I didn't think the Governor lot were aware. That said I suppose they might have figured it out.

Twll you have a heart of stone!

I still don't get why Michonne went straight back and trusted them. As far as she knew the deal to hand her over was still on, and if they said it wasn't, well they would, wouldn't they, to get her to go along with them.

TwllBach Sat 06-Apr-13 08:14:48

I think she fancies rick. I also think that she is a bit like merle in thatshe can just see people. Merle knew rick wouldn't have done it (although I think at that point he might have done) and I think michone knew it too.

I also think she acknowledges that she can't do it on her own anymore.

I didn't even think if Andrea when I saw the cross blush I wondered if it had something to do with Carl as he's a son. Sacrificing his childhood for the greater good or something equally silly blushblush

mildred37 Sat 06-Apr-13 08:58:44

I thought it was Lori's cross - it was shown just after Rick realised she had gone?

I wasn't moved by Andrea and michionne either. Infact the whole episode disaapointed me, not alot happening for a series finale. Anyone know when it's back???

You're probably right about it being lori's cross. I'm sorry Milton has gone, he would have been a good addition to the group. Don't suppose Andrea could have slotted back in so she had to die. Glad she got to see them before she did though. Didn't understand why Daryl left the room though.

Nd yes mic hone prob did just know that rick didn't have it in him.
Well the next series will start with a load of new people. Why didn't they just setup in the town though.
When new guy said "I'll shoot biters but not humans" I could have kissed him. Can't believe he's the only one to realise this so far!

limitedperiodonly Sat 06-Apr-13 11:17:24

I didn't blame Carl. It wasn't clear what the boy was going to do. Where did he come from? Was he with the Governor and ran off?

Did Carl said something to Rick about an Andrew who killed Lori that Rick could have killed but didn't? I thought Lori died in childbirth and assumed Carl shot her in the head off-screen.

It was when Rick questioned him about the boy he'd killed and Carl was saying that Rick was a ditherer who'd also missed his chance to kill the Governor and that's why Merle died.

I was yelling at the screen: 'Oh for God's sake Andrea, stop speechifying and pick the bloody pliers up.'

Another one who can't work out why they didn't stay at Woodbury. And isn't the prison wide open now?

And also, wouldn't the Governor have made it back to Woodbury before them? And why did he and his two henchmen get on the same truck after he'd killed everyone? It would have made sense for them to pick up the guns and then each take a vehicle instead of just leaving them there.

I thought the cross was Lori's. Tyreese is very stupid and very lucky. If I was his sister/girlfriend I'd shout: 'I'm not with him.'

Despite my moans I still liked it though.

Yes I wondered who Andrew was. But Lori died when they were all split up and Herschel wasn't around to do the CS - so maybe that's what he meant?
Why do you think Tyreese is stupid? For saying what he did to the governor?

Aspiemum2 Sat 06-Apr-13 11:38:02

Not sure but think Andrew was one of the prisoners that Rick chased into a yard of zombies and presumed he was dead but later the prisoner was found alive. He set off all the alarms and there was a zombie surge that split the group and separated Lori form carol and Herschel who were supposed to deliver the baby. If Rick had killed the prisoner Lori would probably be alive

sorry meant maybe 'Andrew' was the reason they all got split somehow...

aargh just googled "Andrew" on the wiki page, which of course brings up thousand mentions of Andrew Lincoln!

limitedperiodonly Sat 06-Apr-13 11:51:51

Ah that makes sense. I didn't remember that they'd been split up but of course they were because otherwise Rick would have been in Lori.

Yes, Tyreese is given to making suicidal comments when the Governor is clearly a psycho and he'd be better off saying: 'Mmm, yes. Good point. You look tired. Why don't you have a lie down? It must be exhausting being a megalomaniac all day.'

limitedperiodonly Sat 06-Apr-13 11:53:07

In with Lori, I mean.

Distrubing idea. Having sex with a labouring woman.

fragglemama Sat 06-Apr-13 12:05:38

Has anyone read rise of the governor? It really does explain a lot about his personality... however the OH hasn't read it yet so I'm not allowed to talk about it at home cos of spoilers.

limitedperiodonly Sat 06-Apr-13 12:12:51

Does it? I thought they were going to go into the Governor's background when he was beating Milton and Milton mentioned the Governor's daughter. But I suppose that would have made it very long.

No spoilers please, but does it explain how the Governor met Milton and what he did before and how his wife and daughter got zombiefied?

A few weeks ago the Governor made some reference to doing a lowly job and being bossed around at work before the disaster.

fragglemama Sat 06-Apr-13 12:16:45

It explains his live from when the ZA starts to when he takes over at woodbury. The whole penny thing is explained, you almost find yourself having sympathy for him.

limitedperiodonly Sat 06-Apr-13 12:21:43

What's the whole Penny thing? Or will it spoil future episodes? I wouldn't like that.

I realise you might have a life to live today, so in your own time grin

fragglemama Sat 06-Apr-13 12:31:03

nope, no life here (me, mumsnetting to avoid housework? never) penny is/was the chained up daughter.

Figgygal Sat 06-Apr-13 14:08:53

The governor is a brilliantly portrayed bastard!!

Really gonna miss it the next few months

limitedperiodonly Sat 06-Apr-13 15:16:48

Yes, that's why he hated Michonne so much.

I felt slightly sorry for him over Penny when he said if he'd have been like he was now back then she wouldn't have died. But he also had no remorse when said she'd be afraid of him now, so he must be pleased at what he's become.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now