ANTM fans, over here!

(201 Posts)
5ThingsUnderTheBed Mon 15-Oct-12 21:19:05

Are you watching the new one that's started tonight? Brits vs America.

I'm not liking I so far, too much us vs them.

glitch Mon 15-Oct-12 22:21:52

Where can you watch it online? Having cancelled sky it is gone from my telly and it is the one programme I miss.

link to every season

She should be able to watch.
If you click on the episode she wants to see it'll give her a list of streaming sites to watch it through- the best ones tend to be Gorillavid, Putlocker, Vidbux or DaClips.

If they're slow to load, pause the video for 10 minutes and come back to it- should be fine!

Glitch- you'll find the episode on that link x

glitch Mon 15-Oct-12 22:26:44

mrscumberbatch my life is complete grin
thank you, thank you, thank you.

Glad to be of service.

I'd also recommend Project Runway US. It's just as compelling/entertaining as ANTM!

MaryZed Mon 15-Oct-12 22:29:04

That is fantastic, thanks a million smile.

The boys will be delighted not to have to watch it. Which season is it now if tonight was episode 1? Season 13 episode 1 was it?

And I have marked that site to have a good mosey around tomorrow smile.

MaryZed Mon 15-Oct-12 22:29:41

I love Project Runway, too. There hasn't been one for a bit, has there <off to look>

Season 18 MaryZed!

You should definitely watch Project Runway Allstars. All the best/weirdest designers from each season are on it. I'm watching the finale tonight!

MaryZed Mon 15-Oct-12 22:34:20

Yessssss, GorillaVid seems to work fine here.

I can see myself not getting a lot done tomorrow while I investigate further grin

glitch Mon 15-Oct-12 22:34:59

Project runway too???? Oh all my favourite crap telly in one place gringringrin

MaryZed Mon 15-Oct-12 22:37:51

glitch, you and I will have a busy day tomorrow [snurk].

I feel a horrible dose of really bad flu coming on. I may have to stay in bed all day.

I'm off work with torn knee ligaments and leaking marrow. It's clearly awful, but I can tell you everything about slightly rubbish TV!

The funny thing is, I don't even own a TV. I hate having noise on in the background all the time and advertising etc so was quite militant about it. But here's me, sitting on the computer, frittering away braincells at 'makeover week'!

So much fun!!!

TwllBach Tue 16-Oct-12 20:38:54

<jumps back in>

Right.
I don't get it.

It's uk vs USA yes? Why are the uk girls people that have already been on BNTM? Isn't that unfair? Or does Tyra think its the only wy British girls can compete with USA girls grin

IdaBlankenship Tue 16-Oct-12 20:41:20

I think its unfair on the US girls- but Tyra is so obviously going to discriminate against the Brits so it'll all even itself out!

TwllBach Tue 16-Oct-12 22:02:12

Tbh I don't think out girls can compete (and I realise how ridiculous that makes me sound) don't you think they have completely different bodies? I mean, American thin is different to British thin.

These are the sort of things I keep to myself normally blush

IdaBlankenship Wed 17-Oct-12 13:18:27

Actually I did think that the UK girls were not as obviously model-y as the US girls and there did seem to be a big physical difference in them (height and weight wise). The only ones I thought was a good match were the 2 plus size models. US thin must be scarily thin though, don't you think? Remember the US winner a couple of seasons back that was so skinny, the judges could put their hands right round her waist.
I'm no good as spotting models though, as anytime I think one of the girls is pretty, they always photograph terribly and get booted out in the first couple of weeks!

That was Anne, I think IdaBlankenship. She was lovely though and I think it was quite clearly a natural thing for her as she was very tall and gangly.

Kittenkatzen Wed 17-Oct-12 13:33:45

Right, have watched it now.

I'm not sure what I think tbh - my face was like confused for quite a lot of the time. I hated the parade/ridiculous fierce off thingy at the start, it was just awful. And I can't believe the best insult any of our girls could come up with was <cockney accent> "wind ya neck in luv".

I assumed the reason our girls are all ex BNTM is an attempt to even out the home advantage that the US girls have got?

Agree that the US girls are much more modelly than ours....but then once anyone from the UK becomes famous they tend to take on a more American glossy appearance don't you think?

glitch Wed 17-Oct-12 13:35:43

mrscumberbatch, I am holding you responsible for the fact my house is like a tip and I have done absolutely nothing constructive since Monday night! grin

msrisotto Wed 17-Oct-12 13:44:04

Yay! My people, hello!
I'm not loving this series so far i must say. Thanks for the link, I do like projectrunway, I wonder if anyone knows where I can watch the U.S. "so you think you can dance?".

msrisotto Wed 17-Oct-12 13:45:23

Oh and the panel are shit now, I did like Andre Leon Tally.

Glitch, I'd say sorry but I'm lying!!!

American SO You Think You Can...

The first challenge was embarrassing I agree. It gets better though.

IdaBlankenship Wed 17-Oct-12 14:03:05

MrsCumberbatch - Anne, that's it - I don't think she would have won the years that it wasn't Italian Vogue they were going to model in - she had that extreme edgy model look that would work in Italian Vogue. She definitely wasn't very Cover Girl.
KittenKatzen - Oh god, the face off was excrutiating - I watched from behind a cushion for most of it!

Ann w/o an e. No excess baggage on her at all! I was relieved she beat the self-satisfied runner-up though.

Meh to the whole UK versus US thing. Agree that it does make it fairer to get BNTM girls, as they are having to cope with months of culture shock and crowd bias, and are, as Sophie? said, from a tiny island! Although I DO note they've sent them all the mouthy ones!

msrisotto Wed 17-Oct-12 15:49:53

Thanks although, is it legal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now