Homeland - back soon!

(985 Posts)
Hassled Wed 19-Sep-12 22:05:21

I am beside myself with excitement. Trailer here - who's putting the contacts in? Is that Carrie in a disguise? Any one else agog?

mamaus Mon 03-Dec-12 23:19:06

Have just found out that we only have 3 episodes left of this season shock is that right? Didn't want to look too hard on the Internet as I like to be totally surprised every Sunday.

BOFingSanta Mon 03-Dec-12 23:57:51

Yes, that was episode nine.

Fiderer Tue 04-Dec-12 10:20:34

Really gripping how we can't be sure what Brody and Carrie feel for each other and which way Brody will go. He's lost that calm and sense of control he showed in S1. They may be manipulating and using each other and yet still care for each other. I think she loves him. Her getting Mike involved was not just for the welfare of the family, I reckon she thinks deep down Brody wants her too. Whether he leaves Jess and the children though is another matter.

Brody is in a sense reliant on the CIA to get an immunity deal and on Abu Nazir not to target his family.

Still not much (any?) talk of the mole. Quinn is part of the Black Ops side of the CIA, would be a bit of a stretch for him to be the mole. Galvez is still in hospital, though I suppose being shot doesn't necessarily rule him out. The Gettysburg raid was a last-minute operation, anyone involved would have to assume they weren't automatically safe.

Still stand by Saul, Virgil and Max. Estes, nah. He has an odd hairline as well as pixie ears but he's not a baddy, a CIA baddy maybe but not the mole.

Wingedharpy Tue 04-Dec-12 10:24:26

Who was the guy at the end, driving the car with the gun when he came to pick up Brody?

BeckAndCall Tue 04-Dec-12 10:28:21

That was Quinn - or not,as the case may be. The guy who is running the operation for Estes - the one who Crrie was having checked out as she didn't trust him and Saul went to see his partner ( the police office with John junior). The one who we've now identified as black ops. He was supposed to kill Brody on Estes's say so bu when Nasir wasn't in the car he called it off at the last minute.

Fiderer Tue 04-Dec-12 10:28:57

That was Quinn. He had orders from Estes to kill Brody if they captured/killed Abu Nazir during the camera van operation.
As they didn't get Nazir, he was told not to as the CIA still needed Brody.

The camera van battery plot was a bit clumsy and public, surely? Outside a diner.

Anyone else think at Nazir being called "Sandman" - shades of Le Carré?

BeckAndCall Tue 04-Dec-12 10:29:53

I'm not so sure about Saul, fiderer. He's a true patriot, I'm sure, but he's hiding something............

Fiderer Tue 04-Dec-12 10:36:58

Beck What he's hiding is his sadness at losing his wife and his world-weariness at the Dark Side and political manipulations of the agency he serves. Plus his paternal concern for Carrie, it this all goes wrong again, she may be permanently damaged.

Cannot believe he's a baddie.

BeckAndCall Tue 04-Dec-12 10:43:34

Yes, I agree with all you say fid, but there was the incident with the lie detector near the start of season 1, before his wife left him and before Carrie went off the rails. So I'm thinking there is something more (probably just an opening to a storyline in season 3!)

Fiderer Tue 04-Dec-12 10:57:11

Look at this face

And here he has a resemblance to Danny Kaye, who was one Good Egg too.

My reasoning may be skewed, perhaps that's why MI5, 6, 7 or 8 never called me.

Fiderer Tue 04-Dec-12 11:00:57

The lie detector was a red herring (in Agatha Christie territory now grin )

Brody showed how they can be manipulated by asserting he'd never cheated on his wife while Carrie was watching the interrogation. A seasoned baddy (and Saul'd have to be) would know how to pass the test.
I think he was frustrated and agitated.

If (whopping bloody great IF) he turns out to be the mole, I'll eat Danny Kaye's hat grin

Fiderer Tue 04-Dec-12 11:53:11
BeckAndCall Tue 04-Dec-12 12:12:55

Ha ha!

I don't think he's a baddie as such, just that there's something there we don't know.......

The truth will out!!

MrsJamin Tue 04-Dec-12 13:38:10

DH and I thought Estes was the mole in series 1, now I'm not so sure but not Saul, he has a kind heart towards Carrie.

mamaus Tue 04-Dec-12 15:19:42

Ha! Fiderer you made me lol.
And, how did I not realise that Saul is also the guy from The Princess Bride?!
Really can't wait for Sunday now smile

Herrena Wed 05-Dec-12 09:37:45

I am finding it hard to take Mike seriously because he reminds me of Dougal from Father Ted... anyone else think so or is it just me? blush

YY to the pixie ears!!

gypsyfloss Wed 05-Dec-12 13:05:13

Heh Herrena. He's certainly very bland. I rewatched Sunday's episode last night and noticed that Mike has kept his jogging bottoms on whilst they shagged and for some reason I thought Jessica had stuck her feet into the pockets to keep them warm!

I'm still very suspicious of Saul, his face is almost unreadable. I also wondered about Mike too as I dog walked in the snow. Maybe he's not bland and devoted like we think and he's a Nasir plant to keep tabs on the family and harm them if Nicholaaassss gets out of hand .

A friend has sent me a link to a site whe I can watch the next one early. I'm very tempted...

cocolepew Wed 05-Dec-12 17:51:41

I still love it, I don't care if it's unbelievable, if I wanted that I'd watch a documentary grin. With CIA/FBI types the truth is probably stranger than fiction!

I'm a week ahead, watched it last night, it was great, everybody in it are such superb actors.

SpanishFly Fri 07-Dec-12 10:39:20

I have some questions (i feel like ive complety missed something).
How did they know to go and investigate Quinn's flat (yet they didn't know whose flat it was at that point)? The penny only seemed to drop when Virgil overheard Q on the phone to his girlfriend.
And how did they know to follow the van that resulted in the shoot-out at the diner - I missed the build-up to that.
And finally, why did Estes want Brody killed if it was Abu Nasir?
Honestly, I was following it all till last week's episode, then lost the thread completely!

Keeping fingers crossed that Jess will be killed soon. She gives me the creeps.

AdesteFiderer Fri 07-Dec-12 11:21:15

Quinn - Carrie told Virgil to check him out, Saul was suspicious too so presumably in it. They did know it was his flat, what surprised them was that it was an operative's flat, not an analyst's, in that he was ready to leave at a moment's notice.

Van - Brody knew the plan was to explode a bomb at the homecoming and his job was to get Roya in as the only journalist allowed. The bomb/s being in her camera team's van. He told the CIA that, so they watched the van.

Estes thinks Brody should be killed as soon as they get Nazir. He knows too much and is too unstable, untrustworthy to be of any further use.

Cocole It does make sense, we just don't know the whole picture wink but I don't think I'd care if it didn't grin Minor things like how Brody can have so much free time are easy to explain, don't bother me anyway.

HalleLouja Fri 07-Dec-12 11:42:16

Unless the plan was to make it look like Brody was onside by setting it up so it looks like he is feeding correct info to the CIA? Nazir and Brody did look quite cosy and it was too easy when he gave up all the info to the CIA. Or so I thought. Still not sure if I trust Brody.

AdesteFiderer Fri 07-Dec-12 12:54:00

I wondered if the whole camera van outside the diner was a test by Nazir to test Brody's loyalty, sacrificing Roya too, which Brody failed.

Carrie said it was quintessential Nazir but that too may have been why he chose it.

<head spins a little>

diddl Fri 07-Dec-12 13:48:16

I think that it was a trick by Nasir-but wonder why he might be doubting Brody?

HalleLouja Fri 07-Dec-12 14:14:58

I still think maybe Brody is following Nazir's plan. He is in such a position of power and probably worth sacrificing Roya and the heavy guy for.

I think even the bit about putting his family somewhere safe was part of the plan to make it look like he was genuinely helping the CIA.

The whole swapping over the batteries was done a little too obviously I think.

HalleLouja Fri 07-Dec-12 14:15:39

Maybe I am too sceptical and reading too much into things.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now