merlin

(158 Posts)
beujolais Mon 10-Sep-12 22:23:28

No merlin fans out there then? Eagerly anticipating series 5! Can never take my eyes off sir percivals arms!

AloeSailor Mon 24-Dec-12 09:40:12

I got the impression he died because when he woke all the wounds were gonr

MooMinCow Mon 24-Dec-12 09:10:02

I thought he had some kind of epiphany in the cave and his true self was revealed to him by the guardians of magic (or something like that grin)

AloeSailor Mon 24-Dec-12 08:28:24

So did merlin die and is his ghost Emrys? I don't get it.

LittleAbruzzenBearLovesYuleLog Fri 14-Dec-12 13:24:24

DH is very happy with all of Gwen's dresses in this series. I can't complain after the semi-naked knights episode and the inane grin on my face.

beujolais Tue 11-Dec-12 10:45:26

I just want arthur to find out merlin has magic. I can't wait to see the finale, will it be that great battle merlin saw in the vision when mordred killed arthur? Yeah my boobies were just like gwens before they emigrated south, i do think they are veering dangerously towards a 9pm start with her corsets!

Jux Tue 04-Dec-12 22:47:37

Well, yes, so do I, but I think it's more residual loyalty. I miss the camaraderie between Merlin and Arthur, the tension of the plot and effects and all the things that made it great for kids; and I don't get much out of knights with few clothes on.

MyLittleAprilSunshine Tue 04-Dec-12 17:12:12

Still love Merlin though.

But defo more half naked knights and Merlin getting a bit bossy :p

noblegiraffe Sun 02-Dec-12 21:10:05

Gwen's boobs were in definite danger of falling out as she was hauled around this episode. I think that's the most peril this series has seen.

I mean, Merlin was all 'How can I keep up the aging spell while summoning the goddess, that's really tricky' and then when it came to it, it was a piece of piss. No tension.

FairPhyllis Sun 02-Dec-12 21:06:25

No, they did have the possibility of a 6th season dangled in front of them. I think that's why the action has been so slow - I think they were holding back plot lines for a possible 6th season, but it has backfired on them because the lack of action got them bad reviews and definite cancellation. Why can't people just stick to their 5 season plan?

Jux Sun 02-Dec-12 10:41:49

They managed with Robin Hood, though, didn't they?

EdithWeston Sun 02-Dec-12 07:49:21

Well, we know Mordred's card's marked because of the traditional legends. There's only so far they can depart from them (far less scope once Arthur is king, rather than the blank canvas of the time he was a prince). So I think this series was always to be the last, as it just went to the end of the available narrative space.

FairPhyllis Sun 02-Dec-12 06:07:52

I like Gwen's hair. That is all I have to say about that episode.

BarbecuedBillygoats Sat 01-Dec-12 21:25:19

I'm confused

I'm thinking I must have fallen asleep during last weeks as I dont remember Arthur finding out about Gwen but he knew at the beginning I this week

Jux Sat 01-Dec-12 15:48:40

Not surprised. This series has been really dull. I think they decided that they should appeal to 'mums' and forgot about their core audience, so the writing went downhill, and the time became later. Tbh, I'm just waiting for it to finish.

I hope that when Dr Who comes back, it'll be early evening KIDS time, and won't follow the same path.

beujolais Tue 27-Nov-12 11:51:08

Yes i can understand their decision though i can't help but be disappointed as i am really fond of the show, there have been a few inconsistancies in this series unfortunately but i believe the finale will be awesome if they get their mojo back.

FairPhyllis Mon 26-Nov-12 20:32:38

I know! Perhaps if the start of this season hadn't been so lacklustre they would have got a 6th series.

ISeeThreadPeople Mon 26-Nov-12 14:47:08

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

FairPhyllis Mon 26-Nov-12 14:35:59

And here's the news: Merlin to be axed.

Arithmeticulous Sun 25-Nov-12 16:35:25

Has Merlin taught Arthur (as a joke) that you have to pose in that stupid way for someone to dress you?

FairPhyllis Sun 25-Nov-12 16:21:14

I am getting a bit fed up of the fact that you know someone's card is marked as soon as they find out Merlin has magic. I quite liked the lad in last night's episode.

TunaPastaBake Sun 25-Nov-12 15:50:28

I got bored after series 2. Same old stuff. Although did perk up this series with Gwen being under the influence of Morgana but they do drag it out.

LetUsPrey Sat 24-Nov-12 21:48:42

Thought tonight's was very slow. I want more magic from Merlin, some proper angry magic!

And where the hell was Gwaine?

If Gwen's corsets get any tighter, they're going to have to move the show to after the watershed.

ivykaty44 Sat 24-Nov-12 21:07:35

gewn is under the spell of the other woman and arthur doesn't know how to dress himself

RedZombie Sat 24-Nov-12 20:36:36

I've obviously missed a couple of weeks. How come Gwen is trying to kill Arthur?
And why can't Arthur put his own shirt on?

baileyslover Fri 23-Nov-12 21:19:47

Can I ask whether anyone knows how Morgana and the baby dragon ended up down that hole for 2 years? She obviously thinks Arthur was behind it, but I don't remember him catching her and surely he would have killed her confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now