Where shall I take a 12 YO exchange student on Sunday for the day out?

(9 Posts)
BoffinMum Fri 09-May-14 17:38:13

We've got a 12 year old exchange student staying with us at the moment, and we think we ought to make an effort to go out with him on Sunday for the day, along with our other kids (16,13,5). Apparently it is going to piss down, which probably rules out theme parks. Any other suggestions within 2 hours of Cambridge? If we can pay with Tesco vouchers, even better. He is a youngish 12, btw.

LIZS Fri 09-May-14 17:39:27

Space centre in Leicester ?

dottyaboutstripes Fri 09-May-14 17:39:58

Duxford?

BoffinMum Fri 09-May-14 17:43:43

He's half German so Duxford is probably out TBH. Don't mention za vor.
I will Google Space Centre.
What do we think to Cadbury World?

outtolunchagain Fri 09-May-14 17:47:43

if it doesn't rain you could do Go Ape in Thetford .Or what about Sandringham is that within two hours ?Could you train it into London and do one of the museums ?

BoffinMum Fri 09-May-14 17:47:47

That Space Centre place looks good. I have never heard of it before. Have you been?

BoffinMum Fri 09-May-14 17:48:59

It is likely to tip it down, I think, and I can't do Go Ape (disability). He is doing London today with the school. I am having a look at the Space Centre as the words 'all weather' are particularly appealing.

BoffinMum Fri 09-May-14 18:25:39

Right, have booked National Space Centre, well chuffed to have learned about it, and big thanks to LIZS. It feels strangely thrilling after 27 years of parenthood to be going on a day trip to something I haven't seen before. grin

BoffinMum Tue 13-May-14 13:30:52

Just wanted to report back. It was brilliant, kids had an amazing time and everyone was very happy. Thank you again for the tip!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now