Deeply concerned about 13 yr old DSS

(26 Posts)
BruthasTortoise Tue 02-Apr-13 14:46:52

My DSS is 13, 50/50 resident with us and his DM. Here's the thing when he's not at school he never leaves the house. He doesn't have a phone, he did have one but has lost it and doesn't want it replaced, so he has no contact with any friends outside school. He doesn't want to join any clubs or do any outside activities. Don't get me wrong he's no trouble round the house, he's pleasant, polite, good with his younger sibs but surely by this age he should be starting to develop his own social life? Also he's getting no where near the recommended amount of exercise per week though he isn't overweight but it can't be good for him in the long run. Or is this " normal" for some teenage boys to be complete homebodies?

watchingout Wed 03-Apr-13 17:30:16

Popped on to say Thank you grin for some reassurance that DSS is normal! I'd never heard of Minecraft until meeting him despite having 3 older DCs of my own. I've tried to get interested but it leaves me cold.

Guess I will lighten up and stop worrying

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now