Pagen????

(16 Posts)
chocoluvva Mon 01-Apr-13 14:11:08

Definitely use his language back at him. Such fun!

flow4 Sun 31-Mar-13 21:03:19

What you're hearing as 'yer blood' is probably 'yeah blud', which basically just means 'OK mate'. grin My DS1 (who's also 17) says it a lot too.

If it's a wind-up and not just friendly banter, don't let it get to you, MrsC. Remember that old mantra... You can't control them but you can control your reactions.

Try a different tactic - I suggest either smiling sweetly and saying "Oh really, that's nice dear" or looking up some Gangsta clips on YouTube yourself and answering with something like "Yo, blud. You back our yard teatime? We got bare munch! Saafe! Laters!"

Works for me! grin
If you're not embarrassing your teens, you're not trying hard enough .

AmberLeaf Sun 31-Mar-13 19:19:14

I expect he'll grow out of it.

AmberLeaf Sun 31-Mar-13 19:18:30

Pagan said in that way by teenagers doesn't mean pagan like the examples linked above.

If someone calls someone else a pagan, it isn't a compliment.

Mrscupcake23 Sun 31-Mar-13 19:11:45

Trouble is flow he is nearly seventeen hardly a twelve year old He keeps saying yer blood.

flow4 Sun 31-Mar-13 19:07:06

I'm pretty sure all teenage boys pretend they think they're cool, but are secretly cacking themselves at the prospect of growing up! Think 'Peter Pan' in an urban 21st century environment. grin Talking b*ll*ks is par for the course!

Mrscupcake23 Sun 31-Mar-13 18:48:49

Yes custards I have he thinks its funny winding me up. He thinks he is cool it's worrying

Wallison Sun 31-Mar-13 18:48:48

Did he stab Liam Butcher? What a rotter.

LynetteScavo Sun 31-Mar-13 18:47:30

What do gangsters sound like? confused

What is he saying in his gangster voice.

So he doesn't think your'e funny. That's par for the course, I suppose.

I'm imagining him doing funny things with his hands. Does he shake hands with his fist?

Tortington Sun 31-Mar-13 18:43:31

or 'stop acting like a huge knob dear'

is a good one

Its what teens do. My 13 year old brother speaks in what I call 'Dicklish'

Tortington Sun 31-Mar-13 18:43:11

have you told him to shut the fuck up acting like a two year old?

might work

Mrscupcake23 Sun 31-Mar-13 18:41:57

Thanks flow the urban dictionary could be handy. Why does he talk in riddles all the time? Is it just mine that does this.?

flow4 Sun 31-Mar-13 18:29:07

A pagan isn't a witch! grin hmm grin
There are several different pagan religions, but they are all focused around nature, and a belief in divine spirit within nature. This BBC webpage says "Pagans are deeply aware of the natural world and see the power of the divine in the ongoing cycle of life and death. Most Pagans are eco-friendly, seeking to live in a way that minimises harm to the natural environment". I have several pagan friends, who are all caring, creative, thoughtful, gentle people...

If your DS is "talking in a gangster's voice" then he probably means something else entirely! The Urban Dictionary says that 'pagen' means "someone who tells rubbish jokes"! grin

StickEmWithThePointyEnd Sun 31-Mar-13 17:57:35

A witch?

Mrscupcake23 Sun 31-Mar-13 17:56:20

Bit worried about my son. He keeps saying pagen and talking into a gangsters voice . Do other people have this and what is a pagen?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now