DD flat chested at 14?

(31 Posts)
Jimalfie Fri 14-Dec-12 09:57:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Queenbee245 Thu 25-Jul-13 17:40:49

Does she do any sports on a regular basis? Such as swimming or ballet?
My friend in high school used to swim for our towns under 16 team, she was completely flat chested untill she stopped and suddenly became a dd almost overnight it seemed

superbagpuss Thu 25-Jul-13 17:49:54

I was flat to 16 and then they grew over night

I am now an e cup

some girls are just late developers

Jimalfie Thu 25-Jul-13 19:16:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

simquero Sat 03-Aug-13 07:22:38

How about encouraging her to accept that it's completely normal to feel the way she does for her age and stage, but that is is a stage and she'll likely feel better about it once she's older and either developed something that fits with her view of 'ideal' or changed her 'ideal' with time. Help her believe that some guys like small and also that males have different sizes themselves or their special parts too and also face the big is better supposed 'norm' that's really rubbish. Revelation to me was overhearing a male workmate comment that more than a handful (of breast) was a waste! Made me feel better!

Tubemole1 Sat 03-Aug-13 12:52:38

I was an A cup at her age. Only after having dd did I go up to a D. I am very pear shaped.

Tell your daughter she is beautiful every day. When the convo gets to boobs don't dismiss her but tell her she's still developing and not to worry. In a society where glossy mags give all women an unattainable image to live up to, it must seem hard for her to understand there is no normal.

zoesmith37uk Fri 09-Aug-13 02:22:09

My daughter has the opposite problem she's 14 and a size 8 but is is a 30dd bra and she is struggling to find bras that are comfy and plain as for school she needs them we can only seem to find quite lacy bras and she gets embarrassed shopping for them any suggestions ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now