Teen girls falling out..

(37 Posts)
RatherBeOnThePiste Fri 04-Mar-11 14:19:50

Reassure me that this happens and eventually they move on?

DD has fallen out with her friends, and is now suffering the you are such a bitch comments, and lack of a party invite. She has tried to sort this out, but there are two who continue to be so foul.

I just want reassurance and ideas of how best to support her through this.

sad

Deaddei Sat 05-Mar-11 18:15:43

Oh I am glad others share my pain.
Going online makes it a million times worse, especially as they can't spell and misinterpret text speak.
Then it's all lol and bff.

sharon2609 Sat 05-Mar-11 18:41:11

Sometimes it's as stupid as 'she looked at me funny'.

it's awful because it really upsets things at home.

RatherBeOnThePiste Sun 06-Mar-11 10:08:48

Do you think it's about all being in competition?! We are currently pre boyfriends but I can only imagine that will add fuel to the fire! DD has been asked out a couple of times but is just not ready for that so has turned them down. She'd rather have boys as mates.

They'll be arguing / bitching about boys next

< sighs and swigs on gin >

RatherBeOnThePiste Mon 07-Mar-11 17:22:20

you were all right!!!!

Bloody hell. All back to normal today. Un bloody believable. Although DD says she will never quite know what to make of one of her mates. She saw a whole new side to her last week.

Thanks all. Again I say, you were right! Bless you.

doinmummy Mon 07-Mar-11 22:47:45

It's all kicked off here again (I've name changed) DD refusing to go to school tomorrow. I've printed off some bits from face book....really vile. The bitchy group are asking DD friend to dump her and go with them.

RatherBeOnThePiste Tue 08-Mar-11 07:44:24

Doinmummy - that really is appalling. Is your school prepared to tackle cyber bullying like this? Our school is and did so very recently to some Year 11s and wrote to all parents about it.

I am really sorry you have to put up with this in your family.

doinmummy Thu 10-Mar-11 21:07:09

School is writing to all parents. I've had a bit of backlash from the parents already. Bracing myself for a tongue lashing.

RatherBeOnThePiste Thu 10-Mar-11 21:15:17

Good luck with it. Cyber bullying is not acceptable.

mrsmbuble Sun 13-Mar-11 23:42:40

Oh my goodness, I have all this to come as dd is not at secondary school and I am now having second thoughts about sending her to an all girls school.

Does this mean year 7 and year 8 will be just like year 5 ? and maybe year 6 ?

Sharethelove Tue 15-Mar-11 10:56:19

Nightmare! DD was involved in txt battle and had become the main conduit for messages. She came to me on floods and showed me some really bitchy stuff. I told her the messenger ALWAYS get shot.
Hour later she comes back and tells me she's blanket txtd to resign from target position. Calm and peace reign. So proud of her

JoanofArgos Tue 15-Mar-11 11:09:56

my year 9 is suffering a bit at the moment - not actual falling out, just a definite and hurtful 'cooling' towards her, especially from Miss Alpha Girl.

Feel anxious for her as it makes her so unhappy. I keep telling her it will all change back as fast as it changed this way - I just hope it's true.

MummyCaroline99 Tue 11-Jun-13 17:12:08

Its has been really helpful reading this knowing I am not alone. My C is 11 years old and in the final term of year 6 she has been in a friends group for 5 years and this last year they have all been falling out. My daughter and one other girl are the strong ones and my daughter has been on the received end now for the last four weeks it has been torture I have been in tears and lost sleep over it. I had to send her away on a weeks residential trip with the girls not speaking to her which broke me. They have all just been on a camping weekend together with the guides and my daughter tried to make friends with them all and they just ignored her. She asked her guide leader to put her in a separate tent from these girls with complete strangers and she ended up having a lovely weekend with girls she doesn't know, its completely heart-breaking. We have just got the point of my daughter coping with it all and making new friends at School when she sends me a text this afternoon saying one of the girls who has ignored her for four weeks and put her through all this wants to be her friend and is very sorry. Arrrrr, do I ignore it and see what happens and wait for it all to happen again. I had informed the School and the guide leader of all the goings on and they have been really great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now