Bugger. The other guinea pig has died.....

(11 Posts)
seeker Thu 28-Mar-13 09:16:40

....it's very sad- we all loved him very much, and I'm not looking forward to telling ds this evening. sad

And now I'm going to have to face the dog issue again- the guinea pigs bought me some time.

Is there any sort of transition pet? Something between guinea pigs and dogs?

KittiesInsane Thu 28-Mar-13 09:19:18

Rabbit?

Get a decent house bunny and take it for walks on a lead (but DO NOT put it in a tutu and take it to an Easter egg hunt --like my sister in law did--).

Or a rat. Does tricks, comes when called. Apparently very good pets though DH begs leave to shudder at the thought differ.

seeker Thu 28-Mar-13 09:23:13

We had a rabbit- she got mixy- and the vet said that there are so many mosquitos round here that he wouldn't recommend anyone had a rabbit. Wish we had known that before we fell in love with lovely Pearl sad

I would love a rat- we had them as children and they are wonderful. But dp says it's a rat or him- he has to hide when the cats bring one in.

I'm going to have to reconsider the dog, arent't I?

seeker Thu 28-Mar-13 09:23:54

Wish we had thought to put a tutu on her..............!

Notquite Thu 28-Mar-13 09:25:00

So sorry about your pig, seeker. We lost our last, venerable pig last week and I'm stll wandering round looking for someone to give the carrot peelings to. We'd have a dog like a shot if it weren't for allergies - I have a fantasy whippet hmm.

What about a house rabbit? (she suggests with no knowledge or experience whatsoever).

Notquite Thu 28-Mar-13 09:25:40

Sorry, x-post on the bun.

Awww sad

seeker you need to get yourself a CAPYBARA
Giant guinea-pig style rodents so you'll be fine feeding them.God knows what size their turds are though, I reckon about as big as an avocado <<eek>> but won't smell like dogs dirt.You'll have people fighting for your pets waste I tell ya.

They look about the size of a springer spaniel so you could get a lead on it.

And they look very smug too grin

seeker Thu 28-Mar-13 18:43:17

grin I discovered to my delight recently that there are fossils of guinea pigs the size of rhinos!

Notquite Thu 28-Mar-13 19:06:12

Would love a giant guinea pig, but not if it (and its companion) grew old and infirm and expected to move into the dining room, like our last lot.

Notquite Thu 28-Mar-13 19:31:18

Oh, and not if we acquired two mega-pigs and the both turned out to be pregnant, again like the last lot.

Notquite Thu 28-Mar-13 19:31:44

they both

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now