Have you found the perfect party dress? Do share...

(169 Posts)
NancyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 23-Nov-12 15:58:24

We're trying to compile a list of your most coveted Christmas and New Year party dresses and outfits in time for the festive season, and we'd really appreciate your help - so if there's something you've spotted while out and about or while browsing online, please post the link here and we'll pick some of the most popular ones.

<polite voice> This is thread for genuine MNers to post genuine recommendations. Please don't break our Talk Guidlines by posting spam...

trumpton Thu 29-Nov-12 08:32:05

Bolleux !! Link here

sailorsgal Thu 29-Nov-12 08:52:23

AWimbaWay Yes that is the one! Thankyou so much. smile

NancyMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 29-Nov-12 09:27:50

Ooh, thanks for all these brilliant suggestions. We'll try to have a nice selection up soon!

(And sorry you've all had so much problem with the pictures, it's been forwarded to tech's to-look-at)

SayCoolNowSayWhip Thu 29-Nov-12 12:24:46

Does anyone have any suggestions for big fatty fat fat pregnant women? All the maternity dresses I've found are either hideously expensive or really shapeless and unflattering. I'm 6 months pg and can't find anything nice to wear sad

<Slopes off in pyjamas>

wordfactory Thu 29-Nov-12 12:32:08

This is loveley www.lkbennett.com/clothing/dresses/DRLORENA175SILK

I wish I'd bought it in the sale grrr.

garlicbaubles Thu 29-Nov-12 12:43:51

SayCool, the best-looking pregnant women in evening dress that I've seen have either gone for the plunging neckline, Empire line, fertility goddess look OR stretch jersey with proudly protruding bump. I think this is great: they've got some other sexy styles there, too smile

Laska42 Thu 29-Nov-12 13:50:53

cute phase eight dress , House of Fraser brands sale today and tomorrow only £34!
danny frill dress

Coast Panthea cover up also on sale

Pufflemum Thu 29-Nov-12 13:56:21

www.meandem.com/collection/dresses/grecian-dress/products_id/1293/cPath/664_665_669

Me&em Grecian dress in peacock blue. Can't wait to wear it.

I'm reporting back on this frock. It's sold out again but they might get it back in before xmas.

Anyway, it's gorgeous. Fits beautifully (in a 12-weight loss woop!) and is really classy/50's. The belt is a bit like something you'd find around a smellies set from Boots but I'll replace it with a nicer one.

Still waiting for my Pearl Lowe dress to arrive. Grrr!

AWimbaWay Thu 29-Nov-12 14:54:34

I am very excited, just been to my local town and a new Mint Velvet shop has opened. Tried on the above dress and it's gorgeous.

AWimbaWay Thu 29-Nov-12 14:56:28

Mint Velvet gold dress.

Love some of these dresses but I need sleeves. <old alert>. I've ordered the Coast Charlotte dress someone linked to earlier so hopefully it does the job. More with sleeves you style hounds. Please. smile

garlicbaubles Thu 29-Nov-12 19:51:43

Singing, why not look at shrugs? There are lots of pretty ones about: long-sleeved, short-sleeved, fitted, draped, fine knit, shimmery; all sorts! As a bonus, you can often find beautiful ones at stupidly low prices.

Tell you what, pick some dresses and Tethers we'll find you some shrugs smile

garlicbaubles Thu 29-Nov-12 19:58:30

Do you like this? Phase Eight metallic bolero, reduced to £28.

AWimbaWay Thu 29-Nov-12 19:59:22

SingingTunelessly, they also had this dress with sleeves in mint velvet I loved it but was worried it might be a bit warm on a night out.

Djembe Thu 29-Nov-12 20:03:20

SayCool haven't seen you around for ages - not that you know me, I namechange all the bloody time. I like your name <stalk>

Anyway the dress I posted upthread is perfect if you're preggers, pair with heels, loads of sparkly jewellery and copious fake tan.

ta da

SayCoolNowSayWhip Fri 30-Nov-12 10:09:17

Ooh I like that, thanks Djembe.

No I haven't been around much, tres busy with <whispers furtively> RL......

ParceQueJeLeVauxBien Fri 30-Nov-12 10:50:06

I love that dress Bunny!

Boobz Sat 29-Dec-12 15:28:21

Marking place.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now