Three weeks, tiny budget & no wedding dress.

(70 Posts)

I get married in 3 weeks. I have nothing to wear on the day and a seriously small budget to work with.
I did post on AIBU 7 weeks ago and got a lot of helpful advice, as well as suggestions to post on here.

I ordered a dress from H&M and lovely as it was on the hanger, it fitted badly and looked awful. Any ideas would be great,.

iwantgin Thu 19-Jun-14 16:38:32

What type of wedding is it? i.e. how fancy/plain a dress do you want?

BHS have loads on, various styles. Good prices.

Were any of the others posted before any good?

iwantgin Thu 19-Jun-14 16:40:45

try code BONUS20 .

Its a very casual afternoon wedding. Some dresses posted before were very lovely. The H&M dress was suggested too. I will have to dig out the thread and relook. Am just posting as was reccomended I come over here.

Paddingtonthebear Thu 19-Jun-14 16:47:26

Try the Pretty Dress Company

calzone Thu 19-Jun-14 16:49:05

Nyla Rose dresses are lovely. smile

nightshade1 Thu 19-Jun-14 16:51:27

phase eight have a sale on

There's loads of sales started - I've had 50% off emails from phase eight and damsel in a dress in the last couple of days smile

I've had quick service from both too

TheFairyCaravan Thu 19-Jun-14 16:52:23

Completely ignore the name because it is horrid, but Sexy her do lovely dresses for a small budget. They do do wedding dresses, I don't know what they are like, but I have had 4 long evening dresses off them and they have been gorgeous.

They deliver the next day and are at the end of the phone in the UK if you need any help. They do come up a little bit small, so I size up but I am quite busty.

keely79 Thu 19-Jun-14 16:53:31

How small a budget is small? Would you object to a second hand dress? - Oxfam has an online bridal section. Lots of sales on at the moment too - perhaps try House of Fraser or John Lewis? Or Debenhams?

What sort of style - long/short - sleeves/sleeveless - does it have to be white/cream?

iwantgin Thu 19-Jun-14 16:53:39

What size are you?

If i were getting married again I would love this style.

Discount brings price to £68

kaykayblue Thu 19-Jun-14 16:53:59

Can you give us an idea of your size and shape? Phase 8 have some amazing wedding dresses. As do, bizarrely, bhs!

www.bhs.co.uk/en/bhuk/category/wedding-1020484/the-bride-1020511/wedding-dresses-1020869?noOfRefinements=1

squaretoes Thu 19-Jun-14 16:57:20

When I got married I wore a dress from a shop called quiz on the high street, shall find links, I still get compliments when people see pics. It was £40!!

squaretoes Thu 19-Jun-14 16:58:18

http://mobile.quizclothing.co.uk/clothes/00100003010.html

squaretoes Thu 19-Jun-14 16:58:46

Grrr on my phone so don't think I can do links

squaretoes Thu 19-Jun-14 17:01:13

Also, that's not my wedding dress but an example of one which could work...

MrsLettuce Thu 19-Jun-14 17:02:16

Yeah, we really do need to know the size, colour options, what sort of shape you are, budget, that sort of thing.

Will have a look at the links after dc in bed tonight, thankyou. In the meantime, I am size 14. Im not too worried on the colour. My stomach is my problem area (so hopefully loose over that) My budget is £70

keely79 Thu 19-Jun-14 18:07:01
MrsLettuce Thu 19-Jun-14 19:08:35
SorrelForbes Thu 19-Jun-14 19:47:04

Another MNer bought this for her wedding from La Redoute. I have it in black and it is so flattering.

Lots of links, thank you! I like the £45 chase7 one from debenhams, is lovely. Would need something to cover up though. Lace layered dress is a possibility too, I find that syle suits me.
Ver excited the full length coast dress is reduced too. It was reccomended on the last thread, and out of budget (still is really) and I was v disappointed as its very pretty.

AnnabelleDarling Thu 19-Jun-14 20:05:11

I saw a dress today in the massimo Dutti sale and though at the time it would be lovely for a bride. Will try to find it

Floppityflop Thu 19-Jun-14 20:06:28

A tiny budget and no dress is better than no budget and a tiny dress!

Dress suggestion (haven't checked sizes on stock):

www.fennwrightmanson.com/m/dresses/ella_dress2_buff.htm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now