Please settle a hair colour argument (picture)

(27 Posts)
CorusKate Sun 08-Jun-14 16:09:56

DP and I can't agree on whether my hair is mousy brown or dark blonde, or something else or inbetween. What do you think?

(Sorry for shadow and dodgy angle; I could do with longer arms.)

Fairylea Sun 08-Jun-14 16:12:10

I'd say dark blonde. Definitely golden.

scarletforya Sun 08-Jun-14 16:13:03

It looks blonde to me!

IsItFridayYetPlease Sun 08-Jun-14 16:13:50

I'd say DARK BLONDE

I'd say dark blonde too. Looks very similar to my sister's hair colour and she is definitely dark blonde not brown

Blonde

EasyWhiteChocolate Sun 08-Jun-14 16:17:55

Blonde.

CorusKate Sun 08-Jun-14 16:18:39

It might be easier with it down - just a no while I get a pic. Would it be possible to go a lighter blonde or would it look silly? And with that amount of wave, would it be foolish to go for a bob if I don't use straighteners or blowfly?

Amethyst24 Sun 08-Jun-14 16:19:42

Definitely blonde - lovely hair. I'd go lighter if you want but keep the length.

CorusKate Sun 08-Jun-14 16:20:47

Friday, that dye colour does look very close.

The thing is, these photos are outside in daylight - it looks darker indoors. Do you judge hair colour by what it looks like indoors or outdoors? I went outside so it wouldn't be too affected by the temperature of my indoor lighting, but it might be giving a falsely light impression.

CorusKate Sun 08-Jun-14 16:21:56

Seems consensus is definitely blonde! I'm surprised - I've thought of it as light brown for several years while DP insists it's blonde.

CorusKate Sun 08-Jun-14 16:23:09

I can't type today! Just a mo and blowdry , that was supposed to be grin

It is very similar to my DD2's hair colour and I'd say she was dark blonde. It is the sort of colour that can take going either lighter blonde or darker to brown while still suiting your skin tone.

I'd love hair that colour. Mine is grey dark brown and I have to stay within a few shades of my natural colour or I look strange. grin

CorusKate Sun 08-Jun-14 16:31:29

My skin tone is drip white <ahem> pale-ish. I look strange no matter what I do grin

SwedishEdith Sun 08-Jun-14 16:35:41

It looks like my dp's hair which he insists is blond and I insist is brown to wind him up so I would say yours is really dark blonde

CorusKate Sun 08-Jun-14 16:40:47

Is your DP's hair short, Edith? Because I've had mine short (pixie cut length - bad idea, it went curly shock) and it was very, very definitely brown at that length.

I need to get it cut as I don't have a shower and it's a pain to wash in the bath/sink at this length, and I've no idea what style will work as my hair's been thinning a lot recently and use lost about half the thickness of it, so my past experience of what works has gone out the window. Gah. I hate hair.

ovenchips Sun 08-Jun-14 16:41:32

I would honestly never think it was anything other than blonde. It's even a little lighter (especially in hair down photo) than dark blonde to me.

It looks like what my mother would call 'a beautiful head of hair'. Seems a shame to cut it off!

CorusKate Sun 08-Jun-14 16:41:58

I've lost, not use lost.

CorusKate Sun 08-Jun-14 16:43:24

Thanks oven smile I've noticed people who don't have to care for it often tell people to keep their hair long grin

SwedishEdith Sun 08-Jun-14 16:44:42

His is short Corus. I wouldn't cut yours, it looks in great condition

ovenchips Sun 08-Jun-14 17:08:17

Ah well yes Corus, I crossed posts and wrote mine before you mentioned the hair washing hair situation. Which is a pain in the arse, tbh.

Could I be nosey and ask why your hair has thinned a fair amount?

CorusKate Sun 08-Jun-14 17:13:40

I lost some weight, oven. Mostly off my hair, it seems grin I've been under a fair amount of stress recently too, and combined with summer coming along because I am actually a horse and have a summer and winter coat I have lost alarming amounts of hair, and can get the bobble around my ponytail four times(!)

CorusKate Sun 08-Jun-14 17:17:03

This is one of the biggest hairclumps lost during washing from when I was losing it at the fastest rate a couple of months ago (it's on the corner of the bath). I was getting one of these every hair wash, plus a week's worth of my usual hair shedding every time I brushed/combed. Hideous.

CorusKate Sun 08-Jun-14 17:36:56

Thankyou all for your help smile

So I know I can probably get away with going darker or lighter, but am no closer to working out what would be a sensible cut. Hmm.

I could always sell it.

CorusKate Sun 08-Jun-14 18:20:20

I've posted a different thread asking for haircut advice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now