Tell me your favourite blusher

(35 Posts)
CurlsLDN Wed 30-Apr-14 10:28:46

I have been using MAC for the last 9 months, and I love MAC In general, but to be honest the blusher disappears within half an hour.

I'm looking for something that will last throughout the day, perhaps a little shimmery, I prefer peachy/corally shades.

What have you tried that's worked well?

Benfit Bella Bamba (very bright deep pink with slight shimmer) or Sugarbomb (a mix of colours including a bronzer type shade and coral) are really good. Sugarbomb is slightly too coral for me (I suit pinker colours better) and Bella bamba is very bright and doesn't shift. I have to go very very lightly with it as it's so bright it's easy to over do it!

EyelinerQueen Wed 30-Apr-14 10:31:23

NYX blusher in Pinched

A gorgeous coral-pink with shimmer. It's been my go to blusher for months now!

Sleek blusher in Rose Gold is also gorgeous.

AmazingDisgrace Wed 30-Apr-14 11:37:02

Bourjois in Rose D'Or and Revlon highlighting palette in rose glow -not tecnically a blusher but I'm so pale it works for this too and is lovely and shimmery. I've had the BB shimmer brick before and the Revlon one is just as lovely

AmazingDisgrace Wed 30-Apr-14 11:37:55

Both of mine are pink rather than peachy/coral. Oops must learn to read

jenniuol Wed 30-Apr-14 12:02:02

Stila convertible colour is good. Easy to use and lasts all day. Some look extremely bright in the tin but fine once on. I like the benefit tints as well but I do find them quite tricky to put on. If you don't blend fast enough they look terrible.

oohdaddypig Wed 30-Apr-14 12:04:06

Another Benefit Sugarbomb fan here.

Also really like the Bourjois little pots. Rose Ambre or something, I think it's called.

for staying power, I apply my MAC cream blush first then stick the Benefit Sugarbomb on top for extra staying power/sheen

SecretLimonadeDrinker Wed 30-Apr-14 12:05:11

Benefit boxes of blush, I use dandelion which is pink but I saw a pretty peach one too.

DaftSkunk Wed 30-Apr-14 12:06:39

I bought Bourjois Rose Ambre based on mumsnet recommendations and really like it.

BigPawsBrown Wed 30-Apr-14 12:07:33

MUA are fantastic. I have shade dolly or lolly (one is cream one is powder - powder best!) and shade 4. They last all day and look really professional on. Let me find a pic...

instagram.com/p/naWXT-m3rO/

CurlsLDN Wed 30-Apr-14 12:13:22

Ooh thanks so much ladies, lots here for me to have a look at!

sauvignonblacks Wed 30-Apr-14 12:17:00

Leave you used the mac finish spray? I think it's called fix +
love mac "stubborn" might be redder than your after though

MorrisZapp Wed 30-Apr-14 12:18:33

Stila Convertible Colour all the way. I wear the scary coral one, it's just lovely on.

sauvignonblacks Wed 30-Apr-14 12:18:49

I meant, have you used fix +? Sorry silly mobile!

BumWad Wed 30-Apr-14 12:20:41

Nars

Stays on all day

Xoticdreamz Wed 30-Apr-14 12:26:22

Nars orgasm . Very long lasting and a great colour .

cardamomginger Wed 30-Apr-14 12:27:50

It's a Laura Mercier one. Not sure what colour and my one is probably too pink for you. I love it because it goes on really easily and stays put.

TessTackle Wed 30-Apr-14 12:33:30

Benefit Coralista. Does what it says on the tin.
Coral and slightly shimmery, so pretty.

CurlsLDN Wed 30-Apr-14 13:41:12

Lots of votes for benefit here, I might have to go and talk to the scary counter lady!

I've heard a lot of good things about nars orgasm too, good to hear that it's long lasting

AnnabelleDarling Wed 30-Apr-14 13:45:51

I just got the Chanel cream blusher in Revelation which is a pinky coral and really gorgeous

EasterSundaySimmons Wed 30-Apr-14 14:42:26

Generally I am not a fan of Benefit, but they are cheap and cheerful and I love their Coralista blusher, it's a great shade for me and I wear it pale skinned and use more when tanned.

It stays on well and I never have to reapply. The brush it comes with is ok but a flat shape so I use my own blusher brush which is round.

RubyReins Wed 30-Apr-14 15:09:55

Nars Orgasm or Deep Throat (cracking names too). Stays on all day and one blusher pan has lasted me 8 years of almost daily use and is still going. Lovely colour.

lisbapalea Wed 30-Apr-14 15:14:19

Nars deep throat definitely. Felt like a hussy on my wedding day knowing I had deep throat on my cheeks, but have worn it for 5 years ever since.

thevelvetoverground Wed 30-Apr-14 17:26:04

Another vote for NARS orgasm or deep throat. Orgasm has a bit more shimmer though and it's more peach with a bit of gold.

Alternatively, try Benefit's Corralista (sp?!)

Apatite1 Wed 30-Apr-14 18:16:54

Tom Ford. I use Ravish, or the coral one (forgot the name) highly pigmented and gorgeous!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now