Okay - which dress do you prefer?

(45 Posts)
Walnut8 Wed 26-Mar-14 12:26:55

I'm on the the hunt for a nice dress to wear to several occasions: a christening, a birthday party and also to the races in a few months time (posted about this earlier in relation to a different dress!).

Which of these two do you prefer?

plain navy

whistles bodycon

Without knowing what they look like on (I'm a size 10, average height, this style of dress generally suits me, early 30s, paleish blonde ...) I know it's hard, but just really having trouble deciding which I would prefer! Any help welcome

4amInsomniac Wed 26-Mar-14 12:35:39

They are both very nice! I would say the navy one for the sort of things you've mentioned: brightened up with accessories for a birthday, smart for a christening... lovely!

HappyGirlNow Wed 26-Mar-14 12:36:53

I don't like the style of the first, it's a bit boring.. I like the style of the second but not the print.. Sorry, that won't help grin

EyelinerQueen Wed 26-Mar-14 12:37:15

The first one. Definitely.

It's gorgeous and simple enough that it can be styled in different ways so you get more from it.

Not keen on the shape, pattern or colour of the other one at all.

BrainSurgeon Wed 26-Mar-14 12:38:46

Definitely the navy one - it's fab. Accessorize differently for different occasions. And it would look amazing with a big hat for the races!

Gigondas Wed 26-Mar-14 12:40:26

Navy one two - not keen on second ones print either.

AwkwardSquad Wed 26-Mar-14 13:00:43

I prefer the Whistles one of the two, but might it be a tad see through? Looking at the bottom of the skirt?

The navy one is a bit dull and the ruching on the stomach reminds me of Klingon foreheads (although i do realise that that is very likely just me!).

I think you could do better than either, tbh.

dexter73 Wed 26-Mar-14 13:01:52

The navy one is a bit meh. Love the bodycon dress.

dancingnancy Wed 26-Mar-14 13:02:12

Navy - but also think you could do better.

Definitely the navy. Some bright accessories and it would be fab.

JacqueslePeacock Wed 26-Mar-14 13:04:14

Navy one.

DaftSkunk Wed 26-Mar-14 13:05:04

I like the first one smile.

RayPurchase Wed 26-Mar-14 13:06:55

The first one looks like its on backwards, the second one is a really nice shape if you can pull off the loud pattern smile

othgraph Wed 26-Mar-14 13:13:01

Out of the two, I guess the navy but agree with AwkwardSquad and dancingnancy about being able to do better.

Catnuzzle Wed 26-Mar-14 13:13:46

Navy one.

Beeyump Wed 26-Mar-14 13:16:46

I love neither. The Whistles one is more interesting though!

BrunoBrookesDinedAlone Wed 26-Mar-14 13:19:59

Navy one seems more suitable all-rounder but i suspect that in the flesh it could look as if it's worth a fraction of that price.

SinglePringle Wed 26-Mar-14 13:27:26

The navy one is a tad boring. Fine, but the sort of thing I might wear to work.

The Whistles one is a great print but you run the risk of other women wearing the same at your events - they've done that dress in a number of colours / prints for about 3 seasons now, so it's clearly very popular. It's not transparent - I've tried it on.

MadBusLady Wed 26-Mar-14 13:30:11

The navy one but won't both be potentially a bit hot at the races? Could be boiling in a couple of months. A sleeveless shift is the way I'd go for those occasions.

HazleNutt Wed 26-Mar-14 14:02:55

navy one, you can accessorise it so it looks like a different dress every time. The other is too memorable, if you meet the same people at those events you will soon be known as the one with you know, that dress she's wearing all the time..

ViviDeBeauvoir Wed 26-Mar-14 14:21:21

I think theyre both lovely but a bit 'work' even with accessories.

I like this

Lots of colours/prints to choose from, flattering and easy to accessories.

Laska42 Wed 26-Mar-14 19:44:42

this one always gets lots of votes .. and its on offer right now !

MadameMattise Wed 26-Mar-14 19:49:37

I love that first dress OP. Very stylish and classy looking. You won't get as much wear out of the second one because it has such a strong pattern.

Laska42 Wed 26-Mar-14 19:54:10
IslaValargeone Wed 26-Mar-14 19:57:23

Honestly, I think they look cheap.
The navy one especially.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now