Is anybody buying anything from Whistles with the 25% off voucher?

(12 Posts)
Lighthousekeeping Sat 08-Mar-14 20:13:42

It's very samey this season. I was hoping tongued a wedding outfit as well.

SorrelForbes Sat 08-Mar-14 20:14:55

I'm dithering over the Cora skirt but am worried it'll be too short.

Lighthousekeeping Sat 08-Mar-14 20:47:06

I feel the same about all their dresses

bamboostalks Sat 08-Mar-14 20:52:31

Love Whistles but hate hate hate their awful website. It's total pants.

macandcheesewithbaconbits Sat 08-Mar-14 21:40:08

I want to but can't find anything I like. I bought loads in their last 25% but just not inspired this time

theglamourofitall Sat 08-Mar-14 21:42:25

I bought a sweatshirt and a jumper in the last 25% discount. The jumper has been great...the sweatshirt not so. I love the shape of it but the fabric has bobbled terribly and it looks too manky to wear to work now. It had a slightly padded effect and lots of little feathery bits are working their way out of it, which looks really scruffy as the sweatshirt is navy. I am very glad I didn't buy it at full price...and it has kind of put me off Whistles for the time being. So no, I won't be buying anything this time round!

Lighthousekeeping Sat 08-Mar-14 22:10:12

There's just nothing inspiring. I do think they need to add an inch onto their lengths for those of us that are "a certain age"

Saurus72 Sat 08-Mar-14 22:16:46

I e-mailed them about the length of their dresses a while ago, and they say they have no plans to offer longer lengths. I suggested that they could even just offer the longer lengths online, but they still said no. It is frustrating in the extreme- their silk dresses are utterly fabulous and flattering... Until I get to the hem, which hovers unflatteringly above my pudgy knees, just not good.

StepfauxWife Sat 08-Mar-14 22:19:55

I luuuurve whistles but agree that there doesn't seem to be anything exciting at the mo. Maybe some new jeans.

I find it so frustrating that all their dresses are high round necked - what about those with post baby huge boobs?! P

macandcheesewithbaconbits Sat 08-Mar-14 22:57:05

I bought a jersey blazer last time and one of the seams is coming loose. Not even been 6 monts

Lighthousekeeping Sat 08-Mar-14 22:57:35

They rarely do anything for busty women. I long for those beautiful draped dresses they used to have

Lighthousekeeping Sat 08-Mar-14 23:07:23

Sometimes I wonder what age they are focusing on because I don't kno anyone under 30 that shops there unless it's for a special occasion. They prefer Reiss if they are paying that amount.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now