Good, affordable cleanser recommendations please?

(27 Posts)
madmomma Sat 28-Dec-13 11:53:49

I go through cleanser like water (teen dd and I both double cleansing) so need something at a decent price, ideally that I can get in large bottles to avoid waste. I have combination skin and dd has a tendency to acne. Thanks in advance.

chipsandpeas Sat 28-Dec-13 12:14:01

i like the soap and glory peaches and clean cleanser

madmomma Sat 28-Dec-13 12:18:10

Thanks chips they're always on 3 for 2 aren't they?

chipsandpeas Sat 28-Dec-13 12:23:52

a lot of the time they are yeah so works out cheaper to stock up thats what i sometimes do

madmomma Sat 28-Dec-13 12:56:45

Will try it, thanks

I use the Soap and Glory Peaches and Cream in the shower as a wash (it doesn't foam but it is nice as a wash-off)

For make-up removal , the Superdrug (IIRC Radiance - similar to Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish but creamier. less 'clay' like) uses a muslin cloth and is cheap as chips.

(Though I use Gatineau Floricil to take off eye make-up, at my advanced age, anything too harsh cleaves crepey wrinkles )

JemimaPuddle Sat 28-Dec-13 16:29:02

Superdrug vitamin e hot cloth cleanser, the radiance one is nice too & cheap as chips.

mrselgar Sat 28-Dec-13 16:34:55

I agree with the Superdrug recommendations. They're both very good.

I also recommend the superdrug naturally radiant cleanser. it's lovely and creamy and very good at getting make up off. it's often half price but even at full price, it's not expensive and a tube normally lasts me roughly a month and that's being used both morning and night

smilerc Sat 28-Dec-13 17:10:45

Soap and glory hot cloth cleanser is lovely as is peaches and clean although you can't use that on your eyes. There is a range in Tesco called Along Came Betty and their hot cloth cleanser is lovely too and very reasonable in price.

madmomma Sat 28-Dec-13 17:44:16

great reccs thanks everyone. I can feel a trip to superdrug coming on.

PartyFops Sat 28-Dec-13 17:47:52

I have tried soap and glory peaches and clean this week, but my face does not feel very clean after. Feels like I am rubbing on moisturiser and then washing it off making it oily.

Liz earle cleanse and polish - £15 ish, lasts me a year as you need a pea sized amount - and I wear lots of eyeliner

Surya Sat 28-Dec-13 17:56:22

I like Lush's Ultrabland, though it might be more suited to dry skin like me. Lasts ages though, and is cheap.

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Sat 28-Dec-13 18:16:53

I really like the Una Brennan rose cleanser, it's about £8 in Boots and is often on offer for less.

PenguinsDontEatStollen Sat 28-Dec-13 18:23:42

Also rate Super drug ones. fraction of the price of liz earle and at least as good.

chanie44 Sat 28-Dec-13 19:55:04

Another one here who uses the Superdrug naturally radiant range.
It tends to go half price every other month - the half price offer should be coming to and end soon, as it has been on offer for about 3 weeks now.

TheBuskersDog Sat 28-Dec-13 22:06:28

Another vote for the Superdrug radiant cloth cleanser, I bought a couple more today for £2.89, I prefer it to Liz Earle.

chipsandpeas Sat 28-Dec-13 22:30:08

actually if you are looking for a good cleanser for make up removal - clinique take the day off cleansing balm is amazing - its a bit dearer at abot 25quid but it does last for ages and takes off make up dead quickly
i use this most days then follow up with the soap and glory cleanser

Financeprincess Sun 29-Dec-13 03:15:57

Boots no 7 cleansing water is fab. Takes everything off in one sweep.

Another vote for Superdrug, I use the vitamin e hot cloth cleanser. I find a tube lasts for a good few months.

Frozenatchristmas Sun 29-Dec-13 08:10:25

Another for superdrug. I now use it instead of liz Earle.

goodasitgets Sun 29-Dec-13 10:28:27

I know I've banged on about it on here but Occo
You'll find it in TK Maxx, they do a soft wax balm cleanser and a milk one in a pump. Less than £6 each and decent size bottles

PottedPlant Sun 29-Dec-13 12:51:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

madmomma Sun 29-Dec-13 15:52:29

Well I went to the trafford centre last night and got the superdrug radiance hot cloth one (half price), an una brennan cleasing oil, a boots cucumber cleanser, a botanics gel wash, an olay cleansing lotion and a tube of time delay cleanse (half price). Oh and some clarins exfoliating toner. So far I've tried the una brennan oil, which is absolutely gorgeous. I can definitely see me repurchasing.
When any of the others mentioned go on offer I shall explore those too. Thanks all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now