Nica bags- made of fake leather - thoughts please?

(22 Posts)
shoom Thu 26-Dec-13 23:16:20

What are your thoughts on fake leather? These bags feel like leather, but I know fake leather can crack or peel or otherwise look awful after a while.

If you've any thoughts or experience with Nica bags I'd like to hear.

UsedToBeNDP Thu 26-Dec-13 23:35:18

My friend likes this brand. Personally I think they're a bit ££ for what they are and they're not my style but she gets on well with them and they seem to fair quite well. She has a 4yo & a very inquisitive house rabbit and uses a nica bag every day, so it sees a fair bit of action and seems to cope well

shoom Thu 26-Dec-13 23:54:00

Thanks, I have a HoF gift voucher to use and am looking for inspiration on how to spend it.

Allthingsprettyreturns Fri 27-Dec-13 00:37:16

You can often get nica at tk maxx so i would not spend your voucher on one. What about tatty devine jewellry sold in the mary pirtas section if hof?

AlaskaNebraska Fri 27-Dec-13 00:40:36

I never buy leather bags

ellenjames Fri 27-Dec-13 00:42:25

they don't age well sad

AlaskaNebraska Fri 27-Dec-13 00:42:50

Who cares? I an so fickle I buy then bin

Nessalina Fri 27-Dec-13 00:44:35

I've had a couple, they'll last 2 years as an every day handbag I'd say. I like 'em, they're just my style smile

madamecake Fri 27-Dec-13 05:04:06

I like nica bags, but definitely wouldn't pay full price for one. They don't last very well compared to other fake leather bags.

The handle on mine started cracking after a year of occasional use, whereas both of my fiorelli bags are still going strong after 4 years! One was used as a daily work bag for a year and the other is used as a small changing bag.

They lasted a lot less than two years for me but I am quite rough with my bags.

I would definitely go to TKmaxx for them as they always have lots. I had quite a few of them when I was at college as I liked the style.

AlaskaNebraska Fri 27-Dec-13 08:52:01

Oh you mean nica. It's not a typo?

bruffin Fri 27-Dec-13 09:08:46

Mine lasted over 2 years. I got a new one for christmas as old one just going after being used every day and taken a bettering. Its only worn on the bottom where it touches the floor and the long handle.
You will probable get one in the sale

bruffin Fri 27-Dec-13 09:09:49

Mine lasted over 2 years. I got a new one for christmas as old one just going after being used every day and taken a bettering. Its only worn on the bottom where it touches the floor and the long handle.
You will probable get one in the sale

PurpleJellyDisc Fri 27-Dec-13 09:13:40

They are lovely designs, I wish they were leather. I hate pu. Anyone know where to get similar in leather?

shoom Fri 27-Dec-13 09:34:08

Thanks everyone!

HoF have reduced lots of Nica bags by 40%. I initially thought they were leather. It's good to hear from people who've owned one as I expect not all fake leather is the same quality (just a guess).

shoom Fri 27-Dec-13 09:34:53

Ive got a pale/ dusky pink nica from tk maxx. I really like it and its lasted really well.

shoom Fri 27-Dec-13 09:38:10

I want a largish bag that I can wear across my body, so it needs a long strap. I like lots of pockets to cope with the stuff I carry around for my toddler and I.

UsedToBeNDP Fri 27-Dec-13 11:06:43

That lulu one in grey is the one I bought as a recent birthday present for my mate, she loves it (I paid full price for it though, grrrr). It is nicer in RL. It has a pretty lining in it and a few pockets inside too so is good for 'stuff'. She's only had it a couple of months though so too early to comment on the robustness.

shoom Fri 27-Dec-13 15:30:04

oops, sorry about pointing out the sale!

I saw it in-store yesterday and agree it's much nicer in real life.

buttercrumble Sat 28-Dec-13 17:11:31

shoom it's really nice smile

ThistletoeAndWine Sat 28-Dec-13 17:14:09

I was given a nica bag from dh for valentines about 4 years ago, I used it daily, I ruined it by spilling something in the lining!! Dh has bought me the lulu for my birthday and I have the matching purse! I have it in black and I love it!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now