I can only keep one. Which one?

(36 Posts)

Ordered a couple of bags and now torn between which to keep as I like them all, but only need one. (although am trying hard to think of reasons I need three new tan handbags grin)

JOULES

RADLEY

JOHN LEWIS

and this one that hasn't arrived yet
FOSSIL

Tweet2tweet Mon 11-Nov-13 19:39:53

I'd go for the fossil one and then keep an eye on the JL and Radley one in sale. Bare in mind sales are only about 8 wks away and I would take a confident guess that both will go into the sale, the JL may even go down to 50% off.

MrsRogerSterling Mon 11-Nov-13 17:53:06

Fossil or JL in grey or green.

Jbck Mon 11-Nov-13 17:50:51

I'm asking Santa for the Radley so if you've one going spare ......... grin

Lavenderhoney Mon 11-Nov-13 17:45:00

The fossil bag is lovely, the joules one looks a funny brown, and the radley one too boring, but ok with the dangly stuff off, I suppose.

I have a green bag like thatsmile it looks nice in the summer and i wear it with a white t shirt and skinnies, or white linen dress, and sparkly sandals.
They are much cheaper in the sale though.

polyhymnia Mon 11-Nov-13 17:41:27

Don't know if you travel on the tube etc but one of things I like about JL one over Radley is that you can wear it across body if you need to (as I would if, eg, carrying heavy shopping on tube).

Also Radley seems just a touch boring, but that might be my prejudice against the brand.

Agree with you on the Hindmarch zip one - I'm not usually drawn to bags much over £200 or so and hate those with obtrusive metalware (eg, Modalu and most Michael Kors) but do really covet one of those!

LeoandBoosmum Mon 11-Nov-13 17:39:54

I like the JL one best of all. I like it best of all in that vibrant green!

HyvaPaiva Mon 11-Nov-13 17:38:37

Word-for-word what eurochick said!

GatoradeMeBitch Mon 11-Nov-13 17:36:05

I like 1 and 4.

Real life consensus is jl tan or radley with charms removed as well. Umm the radley is the most practical size and style but the jl one was because I want a anya hindmarch zip satchel but cant afford one!

Thanks

polyhymnia Mon 11-Nov-13 17:30:03

The Joules one has far too much going on. Not at all stylish.

I don't like Radley in general but that one is OK - without the strange 'charm'.

The JL one is my favourite - in grey or tan - the tan does look a bit orange-y but it might not in RL.

Think the shape of the Fossil one is a bit clumsy.

trixymalixy Mon 11-Nov-13 16:36:39

John Lewis but in the tan or grey.

Cocochops Mon 11-Nov-13 16:29:02

Fossil is my fave. Don't like the joules one sorry

eurochick Mon 11-Nov-13 16:26:05

The Fossil.

I don't like the mismatched buckle on the Joules. I can't stand Radley - the little dog makes me feel stabby. The JL one isn't bad, but I prefer the fossil.

Snowbility Mon 11-Nov-13 15:54:21

Radley as long as the tag is removed.

SundaySimmons Mon 11-Nov-13 14:35:51

I don't like the joules one at all. It looks cheap and old fashioned.

The radley one I was surprised at, as it's quite nice and I'm not a fan of radley.

I like the John Lewis one but it could look cheap, a bit topshoppy.

The fossil one is really nice, I like that one best.

JaxTellerIsAllMine Mon 11-Nov-13 14:07:46

I am not usually a Radley fan, but I like this bag. Also like the Fossil - the other two are not my fave.

buttercrumble Mon 11-Nov-13 14:00:04

Joules , I have pre ordered this and can't wait for it to arrive smile

Joules I probably the least favourite, I have to admit to buying it because of the blue buckle and the webbing handle but now not so sure that it I as versatile as the others.

It's my Christmas present from the children. DP has put some money towards it, ds1 (16) and ds2 (11), but know how fussy I am so have told me to choose. My poor credit card groaning at the moment with all 4 on it, so have to be sensible and send some back.

I'm not a huge radley fan either, I have a Grosvenor and a few years old black tote, but neither has the dog on and aren't twee at all.

CecyHall Mon 11-Nov-13 13:56:37

I also agree with Dexter the blue buckle on the Joules made my teeth itch

CecyHall Mon 11-Nov-13 13:55:27

Radley for me. Which is weird as I never usually like Radley.

dexter73 Mon 11-Nov-13 13:51:41

The Joules one would drive me bonkers with that blue buckle on the pocket!! I like the Radley without the charm.

KosherBacon Mon 11-Nov-13 13:50:21

Radley one with the dangly crap taken off.

I try not to collect bags, but have a weakness for that lovely new leather smell grin

amyshellfish Mon 11-Nov-13 13:48:55

I like the joules one and the radley one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now