Those Barbour jackets

(14 Posts)
lilystem Sat 02-Nov-13 20:00:58

I love those padded Barbour jackets. I can't link as I'm on my phone I'm afraid but I bet you all know the ones I mean. I think they're about £180 and come in various colours but mostly black. They belt at the waist. I tried one on and it's cosy and warm and looked fab.

So why do I have a nagging feeling people will judge me?

mysteryfairy Sat 02-Nov-13 21:23:37

They are really convenient. I expect people do probably judge me when I am wering it but I've learnt from here that people are constantly judging me on where my children went to school, how I fed them, what colours they did or didn't wear, what car I drive, how many hours I work, where I go on holiday etc etc so don't think the coat matters much.

One here with a third off if you are somewhere in size range 8-14

just in case you decide to go for it

They have a few others on the same site at up to 50% off too but less choice of sizes

southeastastra Sat 02-Nov-13 21:25:48

it's just the effing break 'barbour' branding that jacket has. though i hate branding of any sort really and have one superdry shirt that i feel self conscious wearing but that's my prob i guess!

Banono Sat 02-Nov-13 21:31:31

I'm sorry but I think programmes like that gypsy wedding thing killed those jackets.

I see them, I think of that.
There's much nicer jackets out there.

lilystem Sun 03-Nov-13 07:15:51

Hmmm still undecided! I can't see that link but will do a search

I've not seen as nice a jacket in a while.

impty Sun 03-Nov-13 08:26:23

Here in the countryside they are still worn withourt a problem, and I wear mine in town too. I thought their fashion status had kind of been and gone again?

rogerthat Sun 03-Nov-13 08:39:28

If you do decide to buy Barbour online then check out this page first
http://www.barbour.com/counterfeit-education.... there are a lot of fake websites for Barbour ,we got caught out by one last year.

rogerthat Sun 03-Nov-13 08:40:27
Mosschops30 Sun 03-Nov-13 08:57:20

I love mine, it washes and wears well

I bought the one without the 'Barbour international' badge on the front because I don't like them

PatoBanton Sun 03-Nov-13 09:03:03

SEA I have a superdry jumper and a shirt (that is really uncomfortable due to hugee label behind neck)

friend LAUGHED at me for wearing jumper. I mean what the feck. Like he doesn't have thw worst taste ever.

it doesn't have to be chav.

mysteryfairy Sun 03-Nov-13 09:04:56

The link is to sister online, internet arm of a bricks and mortar store in Sheffield/Chesterfield who still have some discounted 2012 stock.

Definitely not counterfeit.

Ive got one and love it. I prefer fitted coats and its VV warm.

Beaverfeaver Sun 03-Nov-13 09:49:50

I love them. Didn't know about judginess.

What's that all about?

SnookyAnyFuckerPooky Sun 03-Nov-13 11:49:08

I have the blue Barbour International linked above, it's really cosy and looks great on. Stuff what people think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now