Tesco cashmere, how does it wash?

(10 Posts)
123Jump Sat 02-Nov-13 19:24:32

I was in Tesco today and noticed the cashmere jumpers. They are £40-£55, and I was tempted to get one. But worried they may fall apart after a few washes.
Has anyone bought one, has it lasted?

Thanks!

No personal advice but I have a Tesco cashmere that I bought last year and I haven't worn yet .
In my defence it was half price and it's a classic camel shade.

I may wear it tomorrow and when I do wash it, it'll be in a lingerie bag in the machine at 30c with some Woolite.
I keep all my delicates to wash together so I have a machine full.

If I kill it, I'll post back wink

YouCanCallMeBetty Sat 02-Nov-13 21:14:16

I bought the grey and black Breton stripe one a few weeks ago and love it, have washed it a couple of times (wool cycle in the machine) and it's come out fine. I have a grey cardie too from about five years ago that I've worn to death, and it's still going strong, no bobbling.

RandomMess Sat 02-Nov-13 21:15:26

Bought one years ago and it did eventually wear out but had been well worn washed!

I've had a few cashmere jumpers from tesco they've all washed fine on a wool wash with woolite/equivalent.
And look new, except for the one the bastard moths got to.

LetsFaceTheMusicAndDance Sat 02-Nov-13 21:19:38

I bought a black boyfriend cashmere cardi a good few years ago and it washed very well in tthe machine and kept its colour too. It was one of the best items of clothing I have ever owned and was incredible value price-per-wear wise.

I really wish I could replace it after DH killed it with the tumble dryer last winter but they don't make that longline style any more sad

Rubybrazilianwax Sat 02-Nov-13 22:00:38

A great buy. The black roll necks are something I wear a lot in winter, wash really well

Corygal Sat 02-Nov-13 22:23:02

Mine washes fine in the machine. It's nice cashmere.

123Jump Sat 02-Nov-13 22:37:55

Ooooo, thanks all.
It is for my mum really. She is tiny, and wants some warm but reasonable priced jumpers for "around the house".
The price is great. And after what you said think Ill get one or two also.
70, I do that too!
lets, they have couple of long line cashmere jumpers on line, not sure if that would help you?

Abzs Sun 03-Nov-13 11:20:57

I have one that's about three years old. Goes in the machine on cold wool cycle, still looks fine to me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now