Prada bag - keep or exchange?

(23 Posts)
Bonsoir Wed 30-Oct-13 19:50:44

I was given this bag today by a friend. She also gave me the gift receipt and said I should feel free to exchange it for another model should I wish to do so. I know her feelings would not be hurt. So, stylistas, should I keep it or is there something better on the website?

Captainbarnacles1101 Wed 30-Oct-13 19:54:20

Wow! I need a friend like that! I'd keep it. I like it a lot.

Bonsoir Wed 30-Oct-13 19:55:55

Thanks for the vote! I also really like it but it feels a bit odd not to choose IYSWIM!

(I did said friend a big favour but, yes, I was a bit embarrassed at her generosity!).

ShreddedHoops Wed 30-Oct-13 19:59:16

Beautiful bag, if I were you if swop it for a different colour though, probably the 'Rouge Rubis' or black one. But if you love it, that's all that matters here!

Bonsoir Wed 30-Oct-13 20:01:06

Yes, I think that the style is great but that I might want a more exciting colour - somehow, because it came "free", it gives me more leeway to go wild with the colour. I don't need a black tote as I already have a Goyard one. Red is very nice...

ShreddedHoops Wed 30-Oct-13 20:13:08

Exchanging for a different colour isn't too 'looking a gift horse in the mouth' ish I don't think - it says you genuinely love her choice of bag for you, but prefer a different colour.

Tweet2tweet Wed 30-Oct-13 20:51:01

What a beautiful bag. I can never imagine receiving a gift like that, I can't imagine what the favour waswink ! A more vibrant colour would be nice and remind you off your friend. They perhaps went for a neutral colour as a safe option.

Twinklestein Wed 30-Oct-13 20:55:55

Gorgeous, will go with everything, and personally I think it's the nicest of the colour options. It can be used all year round. I've got several red bags and what you can wear them with is quite limited.

Mulberry I can take or leave, Prada I love.

Corygal Wed 30-Oct-13 21:02:41

Heaven. I like the bag best of all the styles, and the colour your friend chose is perfect.

Financeprincess Wed 30-Oct-13 23:35:43

I'd have the grey one but all the colour options in that style are nice. Wish she was my friend!!

SundaySimmons Thu 31-Oct-13 00:13:19

Lovely bag but I would choose a different colour.

I like the blue or the Gris argile.

Bonsoir Thu 31-Oct-13 07:02:54

Thank you all for your enthusiasm!

I showed the bag to DP when he got home last night and we agreed, after some to-ing and fro-ing, that the hazelnut colour was actually very pretty and quite unlike the colour of any of my other bags and that I would therefore keep it as is!

It felt very odd to have such a beautiful bag as a complete surprise and I needed to think about it!

Eastpoint Thu 31-Oct-13 07:14:01

The great thing about that colour is that is works in all seasons. I really like them & nearly bought a fairly bright blue one in the summer. I went for the Chloe Marcie instead, the stitching started to come undone within 3 days so I returned it for a refund.

Annianni Thu 31-Oct-13 07:44:28

What a lovely friend to have envy

It's a beautiful bag...

mammadiggingdeep Thu 31-Oct-13 07:59:32

Oh my gosh!!!!

Amazing bag!! I absolutely love it! Colour is lovely I think. Would go with loads.

What a friend!!! Come on, spill the beans!! What type of favour do I need to do to get a Prada bag?! Lol

Enjoy your lovely bag......(not jealous at all...not me)

Bonsoir Thu 31-Oct-13 08:04:08

LOL! It was a long favour that lasted several months and involved hand-holding, encouragement and advice for her and a member of her family. I didn't expect a handbag though!

madammecholet Thu 31-Oct-13 10:29:09

Gorgeous colour, gorgeous bag, have been lusting after that one for a while..envy

trixymalixy Thu 31-Oct-13 11:07:23

It's beautiful! I love the cobalt blue or the darker grey, but think the colour you have is more timeless.

MarshaBrady Thu 31-Oct-13 11:09:35

It's a beautiful bag. Good one for having such a lovely friend! I'm sure you deserve it.

I think I like the colour you have best.

mammadiggingdeep Thu 31-Oct-13 11:37:54

Sounds like youve been a great friend. She was obviously really grateful. You should use your gorgeous bag with pride! Good on you!

HelloBoys Thu 31-Oct-13 17:07:00

Lovely bag. I don't even like labels but on this one it's quite subtle.

lucky you!

NewChoos Thu 31-Oct-13 21:17:01

Truly lovely bag. Lucky you.

libertychick Thu 31-Oct-13 22:23:43

What a gorgeous bag - lucky you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now