Eyeliner that sort of flakes off?

(23 Posts)
giraffesCantGoGuising Sun 20-Oct-13 14:53:44

I bought this amazing eyeliner at the airport in the summer. It didn't smudge! It dried hard and you had to sort of flake it off like mascara. It was brilliant - as every other eyeliner smudges on me.

I have lost it and have no idea what one it was. Help!

SundaySimmons Sun 20-Oct-13 15:00:13

Sounds like that would pull on the skin?!

OiVaVoi Sun 20-Oct-13 15:02:25

I just bought a waterproof no 7 one and it is very very long wearing, in fact it is quite difficult to get it off...maybe that would be a good one for you?

Madlizzy Sun 20-Oct-13 15:03:47

Mac liquid eyeliner is the best one I've ever used. Cost me £15 and I use coconut oil to remove it.

TallulahBetty Sun 20-Oct-13 15:41:32

No idea, but can I recommend Avon Glimmersticks eyeliners? They are amazing quality and last all day. I have to take it off with make up remover - face wipes won't do!

Mally (bullet proof) make-up

And I love he BarryM eyeliners that have sparkle in them. I have the dark purple and dark grey, they are really soft on the inner lid and lovely,

CFSKate Sun 20-Oct-13 21:19:44

Maybe if you can describe the packaging someone will recognise the brand?
Or look at the airports website for list of shops?

Tropicalchancer Sun 20-Oct-13 21:35:46

Deffo mac
Eyeliner-I kind of peel it off in the shower lol

JanieLovesLuckySocks Sun 20-Oct-13 21:49:53

possibly this loreal one? i had this one and it was great, didn't run with water, had to peel it off as you describe

Neena28 Sun 20-Oct-13 21:52:53

Blinc do one that kind of flakes/peels off. It also doesnt imprint onto the upper eyelid at all. True miracle eyeliner for me as is their mascara.

giraffesCantGoGuising Sun 20-Oct-13 22:20:04

It was in Boots at Glasgow airport - I know it was the stand nearest the door, my net option will be to phone them and ask which stand it is!

It wasn't more than a tenner as I had one at home and had just forgotten to pack it so was only meant as a wee holiday one.

I wish I could remember the packet <wail> My replacement one just now is like a felt pen and this wasn't so much like that. Was one you dipped in rather than the "ink" comes out the tip.

Thanks all. Have given me a few to try if I can't locate the right one

Yoghurty Sun 20-Oct-13 22:26:13

Sounds like the GOSH eyeliner I use. When I take my make up off at night it comes off in 'pieces'.

Its about £6.99 iirc and it's a 'dip in ink' type

Yoghurty Sun 20-Oct-13 22:27:56

Oh and it's packaged in a long thin tube- same thickness all the way along with silver writing

Is that the one you mean?

southeastastra Sun 20-Oct-13 22:30:32

could it be a benefit eyeliner? they usually have stands in Boots

giraffesCantGoGuising Sun 20-Oct-13 22:34:14

Boots don't seem to stock GOSH - unless I am just being shit at searching.

But it does sound like the type of thing

Most eyeliners I end up with smudged bits under my eyes within a few hours. This one stayed there all day! It was fab!

giraffesCantGoGuising Sun 20-Oct-13 22:36:06

I have been in to my local boots and described the flaking off/going hard thnig and she looked at me like this hmm and just suggested another one - which smudges down my face. It is not so much that I touch it - it just sort of falls down my face!

alltoomuchrightnow Sun 20-Oct-13 23:09:19

GOSH is only superdrug . I love my Blinc grey eyeliner.... it's the most perfect and flattering grey i've found

SundaySimmons Mon 21-Oct-13 05:31:29

Pictures of Boots at Glasgow airport show No7 near the door on the left

https://www.facebook.com/bootsglasgowairport/photos_stream

SundaySimmons Mon 21-Oct-13 05:34:11
SundaySimmons Mon 21-Oct-13 05:36:19

The range of eyeliners from No7

www.boots.com/en/No-7/No7-Make-up/No7-Eyeliner/

babybee85 Mon 21-Oct-13 10:24:14

Theres not a MAC in boots at Glasgow airport, could be Rimmel Exaggerate that is a liquid eyeliner you dip in the wee pot? Is about £6- I use it and love it! i think its near the door as well but there a re a few doors in that boots!

giraffesCantGoGuising Mon 21-Oct-13 16:26:43

Ooh you lot are like detectives

JanieLovesLuckySocks Mon 21-Oct-13 22:02:01

i totally think it's the loreal one i linked earlier. it's exactly as you've described!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now