What's the most comfortable boots ever?

(37 Posts)
rubbishfamily333 Wed 16-Oct-13 16:29:59

Last year I had some uggs, the Kensington ones so they are leather with a zip. So comfortable!

This year they look old so I need new boots.

I'm wondering if I should get some riding style boots or maybe sketcher boots as I had sketcher shoes which are great for walking.

Any suggestions? Also I would like them to be waterproof! wink

BlueStones Wed 16-Oct-13 19:42:04

In my feet's opinion, these:

uk.drmartens.com/uk/Womens/Womens-Boots/Dr-Martens-New-Auth-Wedge-Zip-Calf-Boot/p/10492003

Not the cheapest, but they will last years, and the soles are made of something more solid than diamond. They never wear out.

NationMcKinley Wed 16-Oct-13 19:45:20

Blue yay! I've literally just ordered those ones in red. I agree, you can't beat DMs for comfort, plus they last forever

NationMcKinley Wed 16-Oct-13 19:46:16

PS if you order them via Cloggs you get a discount grin

BlueStones Wed 16-Oct-13 19:51:13

Nation I got the red ones! We are Boot Sisters.

NationMcKinley Wed 16-Oct-13 20:53:51

gringrin are they as orgasmic as they look on line? I'm am beyond excited about them!

I have leather fur lined boots from fat face they are amazing especially as they were half price in the sale

BlueStones Wed 16-Oct-13 20:58:09

Yes. I feel invincible in them grin

NationMcKinley Wed 16-Oct-13 21:02:31

They'll hopefully be here in the next couple of days grin. I have a really thing about boots. I've already asked DH if I can have the DM Mayen boots in black for Christmas, he was all hmm about it

I am v happy with my Clarks National Sugar boots. Plus I also have a pair from Hotter blush Totally comfy.

Awks Wed 16-Oct-13 21:10:49

anything by Ecco

hollyisalovelyname Wed 16-Oct-13 21:22:26

Fitflop Mukluks- look awful but are divine on.

I'm watching this thread as I am so close to caving in and buying Uggs. I have resisted for years as I think they are ugly but my feet are cold and want comfort.

VerySmallSqueak Wed 16-Oct-13 21:28:32

My Salomon gore tex walking boots were sheer bliss even on the first wear hiking a number of miles.

But I wouldn't recommend them for style!

For a more everyday option I've always been a well worn in pair of docs or army boots sort of woman.

BikeRunSki Wed 16-Oct-13 21:30:45

I was going to say the same as Blue and Nation. I have three pairs, red, brown and black. They are very comfy and go with most things. The red and brown ones are on their 8th winter! My feet got a wee bit damp in the red ones today, for the first time ever, but nothing a bit of NikWax won't cure.

ibbydibby Wed 16-Oct-13 23:06:25

Have the DMs in black and lusting after another colour too. Fractured the DMs are v comfortable, and warm as well, due to the rubber sole.

LBDD Wed 16-Oct-13 23:13:52

My Ugg Noira boots are the best I've ever had. I couldn't wIt for it to turn cold enough and now I will wear them every day till March at least. My feet lurve them.

ninja Wed 16-Oct-13 23:17:22

What's the sizing like for the DMs? I'm probably 5 1/2, have wide feet but narrow heels!

SpookyRestingFace Wed 16-Oct-13 23:18:16

Kiwis, hands down.

VerySmallSqueak Wed 16-Oct-13 23:24:02

Those dm boots in the link are gorgeous...

Bike you lucky woman to have a variety!

NationMcKinley Thu 17-Oct-13 07:05:14

Ninja* I'm a 4.5 and have wide feet similar to a hobbit but without the hair I tried the DMs in the link from Blue posted and have gone for a 5. They're very slightly big but will wear thickish socks. HTH

CuttedUpPear Thu 17-Oct-13 10:01:29

I have just bought some Rieker boots. They are designed for people like me with problems like arthritis, so are very well constructed and supportive.

Honestly hugely comfortable and lightweight too.

bishboschone Thu 17-Oct-13 20:00:31

I second ugg noira .. I put mine on today and they are very warm an waterproof . I did wear mine to death last year and I'm surprised the sole is a bit worn .. Hey ho.. A good excuse to buy a new pair !

GeordieCherry Thu 17-Oct-13 20:03:14

Ecco! For sure smile

Clawdy Thu 17-Oct-13 20:18:59

Uggs are worth every penny...like walking out in your slippers,especially the shorter ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now