Where can I get a nice skirt made of leggings material?

(40 Posts)
plipplops Mon 14-Oct-13 09:28:52

I've seen other people wearing leggings and skirts made out of the same material and I want to give it a try - where can I get some that are decent quality and not too expensive?

AftonCooper Thu 17-Oct-13 21:59:21

I have H&M and Primark just below the knee skirts, haven't worn either yet though and have had both for over a year! I want the All Saints combo ElizabethBathory linked to.

batterylow Thu 17-Oct-13 19:24:26

Thanks so seems I need to put similar tops to the ones I would wear with skinny jeans perhaps.

Snowlike Thu 17-Oct-13 08:43:39

With the whistles one - sizing is very generous, size down.

AmethystMoon Thu 17-Oct-13 07:08:58

If anyone is thinking about the Whistles one (as the quality is fab) I can report that the longer length one does not ride up. It's very comfy, flattering and stays where it should smile

GobblersKnob Thu 17-Oct-13 07:04:21

Worried now that the 18-20 fit me so well......grin

I wear the same as Snowlike on my top half and big boots or converse.

Forgot that also these Uniqlo body warmers are great for the purpose, plus they are super warm and the long one will go to under/over your boobs (depending on how tall you are) so is a great extra layer.

Sadly provides zilch holding in qualities though, if that is something you are looking for.

Snowlike Thu 17-Oct-13 06:39:10

I wear slouchy jumpers, boyfriend t shirts, basically something non fitted and usually boots - chunky boots so the whole effect isn't too siren.

MollyRoses Wed 16-Oct-13 21:51:54

I wear tons of different things - normally one of those floaty blouses with a jacket/blazer or sometimes a massive jumper. They are a very blank canvas bottom

batterylow Wed 16-Oct-13 21:25:20

Please tell me what tops you are wearing with these? I want to try the topshop one but worried it won't look right or be too clingy.

The teeny tiny stolen from dd1 size 8 one didn't ride up tbh. Then again, it was probably so tight that it couldn't actually move! grin

MollyRoses Wed 16-Oct-13 20:38:00

I size down and buy the smallest size possible (I'm c.size 10)for the H&M ones or they look baggy and weird on me

GobblersKnob Wed 16-Oct-13 20:37:41

But it's the getting them big that stops them riding up. They are just a really stretchy tube of fabric, I could easily wiggle into a S or probably even an XS but then they would ride, the first one I bought was a S and drove me crazy trying to disapear up my legs, hence the discovery of getting them far too big, they still fit perfectly.

Tights are the same, if you buy them huge they don't fall down.

The Topshop double layered ones are good but I haven't seen short versions of them, just midi and maxi.

ShreddedHoops Wed 16-Oct-13 19:27:51

I have the H and M one in midi length and mini and it's nice but nothing like as good quality as the Topshop one, which is double layered. The DP one is also double layered but again not as good quality. The Topshop one's only about £25 so splash out, mine is black and the maternity version but I still wear it now. Haven't tried Whistles but £££.

I like the Whistles ones but yes, they do get shorter as the day goes on! I have been known to go out in a size 8 H&M one though and I'm a 12, so disagree re sizing up.

The Whistles ones are thicker fabric and suck one much in better than the H&M ones.

GobblersKnob Wed 16-Oct-13 18:57:44

I have several h and m ones, some are years old, they wash and wear brilliantly. Mine never ride up, the trick is to buy them big, I am a 12 and buy 18-20 grin

plipplops Wed 16-Oct-13 18:38:56

here's the H&M one. Can't go far wrong for £3.99 (and got a stripy one for £2 in the sale, bargainsmile)

Snowlike Wed 16-Oct-13 18:25:14

Any links to the tesco and h&m purchases please!

chardom Wed 16-Oct-13 17:35:36

I got one at the weekend from Tesco for £10 and its fab! Nice thick jersey material which kept its shape even when i wore it all day at work and its not clingy at all. Well recommended!

plipplops Wed 16-Oct-13 17:15:25

Thought I'd update - bought a couple in H&M today, thanks so much for the tipsthanks. Might get a more expensive one in time but they seem pretty good quality, I'm really pleasedgrin

ElizabethBathory Mon 14-Oct-13 15:18:51

All Saints do combined a leggings/skirt thing here. It's so lovely and soft, rather overpriced for what it is though.

snowlie Mon 14-Oct-13 14:44:31

Sorry forgot to attach the link www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods/080928

snowlie Mon 14-Oct-13 13:53:05

Uniqlo has a nice blue one, it doesn't ride up too much either.

bishboschone Mon 14-Oct-13 12:22:22

I think someone once linked to a hush one which was leggings and a skirt all together .

bishboschone Mon 14-Oct-13 12:21:11

H and m have them for £3.99

iMe Mon 14-Oct-13 12:06:13

I've just discovered Boden's breadwinner skirt. It's jersey fabric and gorgeous. I tried the whistles one but unfortunately it didnt suit my bum shape. With 20% off code iirc it was cheaper than whistles one too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now