Dh says I look frumpy others say classy and we'll put together. Help.

(178 Posts)
lupo Fri 11-Oct-13 08:23:23

Just after an opinion. I like the way I dress, have a nice capsule wardrobe , am a reg lurker here. I am not a jeans and converse type of girl , which dh seems to prefer.

For example, last week I wore the grey Janice phase eight dress, tights, knee high brown boots and tan leather jacket. Dh said it was frumpy and I would be better in jeans. I like casual day dresses, have another phase eight Elsie dress , still on web, which I thought was flattering and with a cardigan and pointed heels. At work I wear ted baker jumpers, pencil skirts, jumper dresses etc. last year I saved up and bought the lovely navy wool Hobbs kasia pea coat and can't wait to wear it

Women at work will often say I look nice, my colour palette is navy, grey, black, deep purple sometimes. I have no intention of changing my wardrobe but just wondered if it did sound frumpy. As I said, lots of compliments from other women, just not from dh. What do you think. I am 38, size 10 to 12.

Thanks

PAsSweetOrangeLurve Sat 12-Oct-13 21:08:32

OP, dress how you want.

I sometimes get a comment from my DH that he feels a bit under-dressed if I have made an effort. But he will always compliment me and tell me that I look good - and if he feels very under-dressed then he'll go and change grin

Although he is honest and if he thinks that something doesn't look good, then he will say so.

It's not very kind to make digs at you. You need to tell him that.

flipchart Sat 12-Oct-13 21:43:34

media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/59/d9/85/59d9853d1185bc42d1780f29dc3bb46e.jpg

Wouldn't catch her in baggy jeans and a hoody ;-)

Maybe she should!!!

Fuckitthatlldo Sun 13-Oct-13 10:04:48

Ha! grin Ok. That was a bad day, for sure.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now