House of Colour - is it worth it?

(14 Posts)

Just about to second what Hopefully said, and I have just realised I'm one of the consultants you emailed!
grin

Hopasholic Fri 11-Oct-13 22:18:24

Hopefully you've had a busy Friday grin

Yes it's worth it OP. you can't diagnose over tinternet, my day lasted fom 9am until 4pm & was well worth the £99.

Once you've had them done & begin to purchase from your pallet you will always have something to go with it.

jennimoo Fri 11-Oct-13 19:43:28

DH said I can do it for my birthday present. The consultants near here are both happy to do 1-2-1s and for me to bring my baby!

Dancergirl Thu 10-Oct-13 23:34:29

That's ok jenni smile

I fancy doing it now!

jennimoo Thu 10-Oct-13 20:26:10

Thanks for the info and sorry for hijacking dancergirl! I've emailed my two local consultants to see what they say.

Hopefully Thu 10-Oct-13 20:16:30

Hard to say - some do, some don't. I do, because I have childcare costs I have to cover so if I only have one client in it needs to be worth me working, iykwim. Not all consultants do (at a wild guess I'd say it's maybe a 50/50 split).

jennimoo Thu 10-Oct-13 19:26:12

Do you charge a lot more for 1-2-1?

Hopefully Thu 10-Oct-13 19:22:55

Yes jennimoo. Most consultants go from about 9:30-2:30 in a group of 2-4 people. Some are a bit quicker, but should be able to tell you when you book. I've had some clients book a one to one session and bring a baby. Including one woman with a three week old shock. I was so impressed that she was even dressed.

jennimoo Thu 10-Oct-13 19:13:38

I quite fancy doing this for my birthday but have a newborn sad
Am I right it's like a class with lots of people there, and lasts about half a day?

Aquelven Thu 10-Oct-13 17:22:26

Yes, it is worth it.
I'd completely wrongly diagnosed my season using the online sites. Seeing it all happen in front of the mirror, & watching others coming to life in the right drapes, was a revelation. I've saved money since by not buying things I'd have jumped on before, & got far more compliments by wearing the things I do have.

Kettlewell is just an online shop that gets recommended by the consultants as it grades all it's colours according to season.
www.kettlewellcolours.co.uk/

Dancergirl Thu 10-Oct-13 16:20:58

Thanks...and what's Kettlewell, is that something else?

HoleyCow Thu 10-Oct-13 15:48:42

Yes - it has saved me a fortune! Someone will come along in a minute to tell you it's as easy as seeing what suits you - it's not, well not for me anyway. I just can't see colour confidently but I can see now that black was making me look tired and old. I am buying fewer clothes but wearing them all hence the saving. Wish I'd done it years ago.

BucketArse Thu 10-Oct-13 15:34:31

Yes, it's worth it. Had my colours done last year and the personal style day earlier this year.

Has completely transformed my approach to shopping and dressing and I have had a tonne of compliments.

I look and feel younger and more confident and everything in my wardrobe suits me and goes together.

Do it!

Dancergirl Thu 10-Oct-13 14:54:01

I keep reading on here about House of Colour and just wondering is the colour analysis thing they do worth it?

I have no idea what colours suit me, I just buy colours I like.

What about their other services, personal style etc?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now