The Crepe Papers

(1000 Posts)
motherinferior Sat 05-Oct-13 18:40:14

Did it!

hattymattie Thu 24-Oct-13 09:45:37

MI - this is a French wine fridge - you're not actually allowed to drink the wine - oh no - at least not until it has matured for a number of years.
(I need a grumpy emoticon).

Spookerella Thu 24-Oct-13 09:54:47

I woke up this morning and thought "WTF, where has my hair gone?" grin

Dd came home last night grinning like a Cheshire cat after getting back the results of a Very Important Maths Test. She got 96% and beat lots of people in Set 1. (She got put down to Set 2 at the end of last year after cocking up several tests due to anxiety) She was absolutely terrified about this test. Her teacher this term appears to be much more on dd's wavelength and a bit more nurturing, so I'm really glad that dd was put down to Set 2. I'm so hoping that this wasn't a flash in the pan, because it really has perked her up. Mind you, I think she is also perked up by a non-uniform day today and an INSET day tomorrow, followed by half-term.

I appear to have accidentally promised to bring dd to London with me the day that I'm going to my school reunion. Not quite sure how I'm going to deal with this now, as obviously I'll be busy and I know she just won't go off on her own to explore. Not sure any of her friends' parents would let me take one of her friends and just let them go off round London together as these are kids who only get on a train once in a blue moon and can walk from one side of their town to the other in 20 mins...

motherinferior Thu 24-Oct-13 09:55:07

Gilittery nail varnish always used to go down well here, till the Inferiorettes suddenly went off it. Those multi-packs of things like bubble bath, split between them, are also a good idea.

Spookerella Thu 24-Oct-13 10:04:53

Dd liked the Muji touchscreen gloves I gave her last year.

addle Thu 24-Oct-13 10:19:00

touchscreen gloves brilliant idea, had never heard of them. i've also got some welly socks from tk maxx

btm - that session last night reminded me of the end of each episode of Soap [shows my age] 'Confused? you will be ...'

Cremolafoam Thu 24-Oct-13 10:46:35

Can't do links on my phone mrs s but there is an entire thread on stocking fillers that I have been moonlighting on. Search plastic tat maybe? It's in Christmas threads anyway. Masses of ideas on there for all ages.

Pirate - as mrs s says it was meant to be with your wrap . Lots of smug swooshing when you wear it! grin

Mn seems to have gone a bit loopy last night with the AF debacle.

Stropps takes a bit of getting used to with the short hair, but omg how quick is it to wash and dry!? Bet you look gorgeous .smile

motherinferior Thu 24-Oct-13 11:20:16

In slightly less S news, I just ordered a new swimsuit as mine was actually ragged.

Am finding it hard to focus. Flinging myself at a plethora of features (Get your body back after the baby! Five ways to tackle stress! Twelve ways your kitchen and supermarket are making you fat! Six things you need to know about water!) plus the new gig are doing my head in.

I have actually done the first two features and the third one is kicked into touch.

Although I did, to the hilarity of many of you, cite research that phoning your mum will bring your stress levels down. I did put in a Witty Disclaimer...blush

Spookerella Thu 24-Oct-13 11:42:50

<snort>

hattymattie Thu 24-Oct-13 11:50:10

What's the AF debacle? (Out of the loop)(as usual).

motherinferior Thu 24-Oct-13 12:51:05

The poster AnyFucker has apparently been banned.

CointreauVersial Thu 24-Oct-13 13:07:06

Oh, the AF debacle! I couldn't bring myself to post last night; it was everywhere.

MrsS, re DD stocking fillers - just do a trolley dash in Primark. Fluffy socks, cheap jewellery, PJs...... I find DS much more tricky.

grin at Strops missing her hair! Was it all just a dreeeammmm??

herbaceous Thu 24-Oct-13 13:15:16

I was following the thread that I think caused the demise of AF, and it's shocking that she should be banned because she bit back at some Goady Fucker (as I believe trolls are now called). AF always seemed a fount of sound and pithy advice.

Off to DS's parent consultation soon. If the teacher doesn't say he's the most talented and charming boy she's ever taught and fulfills all her aspirations for being a teacher, I'm asking for my money back. Oh... hang on.

Stocking fillers will hopefully be easy for DS, but I may find DP harder to please. Unless I fill the stockings with my legs. <barf>

Re hair, I'm sure Stropps/Spooks looks mighty fine with her short hair. And I must say my jowl-length bob is growing on me. Not my first bob by any means, but this is particularly blunt, so has a mildly groovy bent.

bigTillyMint Thu 24-Oct-13 13:23:27

addle, DH LOVES the HoY - thought he was exceptionally entertainingsmile We are also very pleased with DD's new form tutor and especially so as DD seems to like her too! Aside from that, we didn't really find out much that wasn't on the sheets, but Hey Ho! It must be difficult for them to pitch it right for such a wide range of ability.

New onesise from Primarni going in the stockings of my two - they should fill them up nicely!

MI, do NOT put that in as a way to reduce stressshock

bigTillyMint Thu 24-Oct-13 13:24:31

Come on guys, we need pictures!

hattymattie Thu 24-Oct-13 13:28:49

See I miss everything by just lurking on Style and Beauty, Higher Education and Living Overseas. In my own little bubble I am. wink

PS: I'd like to see Stropp's hair as well.

herbaceous Thu 24-Oct-13 13:32:05

Here's a mad photobooth shot, featuring specs.

bigTillyMint Thu 24-Oct-13 13:44:05

Herbs, is that really you? You look totally different with specs on! Hair looks goodsmile

motherinferior Thu 24-Oct-13 13:47:19

That is good, Herbs.

I did have to resist posting on a thread about what older boys want in stockings...

Blackduck Thu 24-Oct-13 13:53:20

Wow Herbs smile

AF - what happened? What did she do? I like AF!

Cremolafoam Thu 24-Oct-13 14:27:29

Herbs that rocks!
I'm gonna ask for that next time.
Really felt that the hairdresser was having a laugh last time. She scissored out all the weight so it now flicks out in the manner of Farrah Fawcet. I look permanently like I've got a finger in a socket.

hattymattie Thu 24-Oct-13 15:01:57

Herbs - that looks nice. Crem - nothing wrong with Farrah Fawcett flicks - they are probably due to come back in fashion.

bigTillyMint Thu 24-Oct-13 15:21:25

They ARE in fashion with my DDgrin

bigTillyMint Thu 24-Oct-13 15:23:10

addle, meant to say, DD asked who you were and how I knew you - I said "Oh I know lots of people!" I later bumped into someone else I know and she sighed to her friend, "she seems to know everyone here"grin

motherinferior Thu 24-Oct-13 15:27:16

When DD2 and I went to DD1's Y7 performance and I said hello to lots of fellow-parents it was DD2's worst nightmare grin, made even worse when they said hello to me back...and then said hello to her grin. DD2 shrank in her seat (and that's pretty hard for someone as small as DD2) trying hard to pretend she was nothing to do with me. Poor love had hoped so hard for a spot of blessed anonymity that evening...

herbaceous Thu 24-Oct-13 15:38:16

Hair unstyled, needing washing and some kind of fluff-dampening, so usually looks better than that.

Glasses necessary for computer, but make me look a bit boggle-eyed...

This thread is not accepting new messages.