Parka

(90 Posts)
SprinkleLiberally Mon 16-Sep-13 20:03:55

Can you help? I'd love a new parka this year. Bum covering. Maybe blue, grey, black or dark green. Ideally at least showerproof and with an actual waist. I see people in ones I like but have scoured the internet and not really happened upon one. Do any of you have such a thing? Thanks

Ollybear Tue 01-Oct-13 13:18:55

^ just realised most sizes now out of stock. They had the full size range in both colours when I ordered last week so perhaps it was featured in a magazine or something. Never seen something sell out so quick.

Ollybear Tue 01-Oct-13 13:11:58

I just bought this by Mango.

At £119 its pricier than those in DP, Miss Self & Topshop but I think the quality is a lot better and it just looks smarter so more suitable for me (early 30s). The lining is removable so you effectively get 2 jackets for the price of 1. Without the lining it's perfect for now & spring, with the lining it's super warm for winter. Really pleased with it! I purchased mine from John Lewis so if you're there anyway it might be worth trying it on. Comes in green and navy.

If you're ordering online, I bought the XS and it's a perfect fit for me (UK 6-8). Small might be 10+ and Med might be 12+

UriGeller Tue 01-Oct-13 11:12:26

Still reading! I'm going to check the DP out, thanks Spooky

spookyskeleton Mon 30-Sep-13 21:48:15

If anyone is still reading this and wants a parka, I bought one from Dorothy Perkins today which is fab.

Very soft, roomy and comes in 3 colours (dark red, navy and khaki). The H&M one is now going back grin

boodles Sat 28-Sep-13 22:11:21
UriGeller Sat 28-Sep-13 21:55:14

I agree Ujjayi its got to stand up to the weather, ASOS state its showerproof cotton but I'm not completely convinced.

Ujjayi Sat 28-Sep-13 20:44:20

Uri I returned both the orange and the black Monki parkas yesterday. I loved the shape but really don't see how they can even be showerproof if 100% cotton.

The hunt continues!

CMMM Sat 28-Sep-13 18:09:32

I am a small 8 and got the 10 target dry parka. It's wonderful, love it. Would def size up if you are busty or want to fit chunky jumper underneath. Thanks to all for the recommendation and the 15% off link. I got the beet root red which is actually more pink/cerise than red but really nice nevertheless!

I've just forked out having baulked at the price for a few days and bought a Khujo Cille parka from here:
www.zalando.co.uk/catalog/?q=khujo+parka
I'm a size S/10 but the Medium was more comfortable.

mizu Wed 25-Sep-13 19:49:25

The Sainsburys one is green

Lighthousekeeping Wed 25-Sep-13 18:06:41

I tell you, I miss my return labels!

werenotreallyhere Wed 25-Sep-13 17:46:37

It cost me £5.60 to return my coat, but if I had managed to get it flatter it might have been able to pass for a small parcel and be £3.

Lighthousekeeping Wed 25-Sep-13 14:40:43

Target Dry don't exactly make it easy to return things. Going to cost a bomb as well. I won't be using companies I dont know again.

UriGeller Tue 24-Sep-13 12:59:31

Ujayyi and zen. My Monki parka arrived today. It's MASSIVE. I knew it would be big because i wanted it to fit a jumper underneath but its too big in the wrong places. Sleeves and shoulder ok but very wide on the hip. I'm 5'3 and normally a 10.

It's also more brown than khaki.

Don't know whether to just return it or size down. Thinking about it.

It is warm and has a nice detachable padded lining. Only cotton outer though, probably not that showerproof.

Quenelle Tue 24-Sep-13 12:21:14

I've just bought this Regatta Luna Luv.

The zip's a bit of a bugger to do up but overall I'm really pleased. Just need it to rain now so I can check its waterproof credentials.

northwestendgirls Mon 23-Sep-13 22:12:05

Love the White Stuff one but it's sold out in blue now sadly.

I have included Haribos with eBay parcels sometimes as someone else did it for me and I liked it.

spookyskeleton Mon 23-Sep-13 22:00:15

i thought the Haribos were a nice, if bizarre, touch! I opened the parcel whilst the DC were at school so the sweets were all mine grin but they were the Tangtastic ones which are not my fave!

Imwoodword Mon 23-Sep-13 21:47:28

I also got Haribos, although DS snaffled them away pretty quick.

bobbyboboo Mon 23-Sep-13 21:32:09

Yes I got the Haribos too with my target dry coat! Very strange!

ThisIsMeNow Mon 23-Sep-13 20:42:26

Lay, is the sainsburys one in navy? Any idea how much?

Layl77 Mon 23-Sep-13 20:36:16

I've been looking for one where the fur doesn't look too cheap plastic and is longer. I like asos one but sainsburys one is actually lovely and I usually hate their stuff! Worth a look

JohnSnowsTie Mon 23-Sep-13 20:24:06

I'm hoping to get this Fat Face one.

Allthingspretty Mon 23-Sep-13 20:17:47

Dorothy perkins have them as do Primark

CheeseAndFriedMushrooms Mon 23-Sep-13 19:59:41

I have the Oasis Issy parka in navy and its fab. Wearing it at the moment without the lining but its quite toasty with the lining on. Sorry cant link as on iPad ��

My white stuff one arrived. It is fab smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now