I love my UGGS, so there!

(72 Posts)
siblingrevelry Tue 10-Sep-13 10:53:05

It's my birthday today, I'm 38

We're skint but DH bought me a pair of classic chestnut UGGS which I've not taken off since 7am

Considering selling one of the children so I can buy another pair

I love them. And I think they look good despite the general opinion against UGGS (disclaimer: SAHM, so what I consider to be 'looking good' usually means I've straightened my hair and have a clean top on!)

Johnsnowstie I have a pair of the boot slippers and also a pair of mules with knitted outer, not sure if they have similar this year or not. I had warm feet all last winter!

Only trouble is they have lasted really well, so I can't justify another pair angry grin

HoneyDragon Tue 10-Sep-13 15:14:50

My entire foot wear collection is as thus

Uggs (shiny new public viewing pair/ knackered slippers pair)
Birkenstocks
Converse high tops (canvas summer pair/ leather pair autumn)
Nora Wellies for long walks (one tall pair, one short)
Cheap pretty rain boots that look like proper boots for wet days
Pair of battered but long serving CAT Mardy boots for shitty snowy days
One pair of black leather pumps at the back of the wardrobe for days when I have to, under great sufferance, wear a suit.

Can you tell I like comfy feet over aesthetically pleasing ones. grin

JohnSnowsTie Tue 10-Sep-13 15:19:10

Comfy feet rule.

I have just purchased a pair of Celtic Sheepskin oatmeal mule slippers and I CAN'T WAIT.

missmartha Tue 10-Sep-13 15:39:44

Absolutely comfy feet rule.

On a rare rainy Sunday this summer I bought a pair of ankle wellies to keep my feet nice and dry and not look too big and clumpy with my summer stuff.
They are fantastic. Bloody love them.

Too cold for winter, great for summer wet grass and puddles though.

FayeKorgasm Tue 10-Sep-13 15:43:35

I have had uggs and now Celtic sheepskin house boots. I don't wear them out, but wear them all the time indoors!

I love my Celtic boots and they are machine washable!

bishboschone Tue 10-Sep-13 15:57:57

My noiras are waterproof , I'm guessing the Tatum are as they are leather .

foxysocks Tue 10-Sep-13 16:14:32

I love them too, and couldn't care less if others don't. I do yoga early morning then have to go straight into children's breakfast/school runs, it's baaaad to loose heat too quickly so from sept-march I am in uggs or equiv for the early morning dropoffs.

I have the brown zip up ones and short black/charcoal version from australia luxe, love them both. I would love some grey ones this year but not sure i can afford them sadly.

RaisingArizona Tue 10-Sep-13 17:47:10

I've had my classic chestnut ones for over 10 years. The sheepskin lining has worn out in places but I bought sheepskin insoles and they're fine. They're still very wearable outdoors though I've always found the soles slippery on wet pavements.

IsaacCox Tue 10-Sep-13 17:51:26

I love them too. I've had a pair of bailey button uggs for a few years and have worn them to death, so now they are my slippers. Nicest and comfiest slippers around grin

HotCrossBunsForAll Tue 10-Sep-13 20:58:39

I have 4 pairs, chestnut, chocolate and black tall original, and chocolate bailey buttons. I love the bailey buttons the most but have worn all of them to death. I am currently eyeing up a pair of navy baileys....

I have 3 pairs of Ugg boots, 2 bailey button and one Roslynn - and one pair of Tasmina flip flops.
DH also has the mens version of the flip flops and the leather 'man boots'
I love them and I don't care!

Cherrypie32 Tue 10-Sep-13 23:09:33

Any codes for Celtic sheepskin at the moment anyone?

Stephjs2013 Wed 11-Sep-13 18:29:15

I'm a kiwi living in the UK and I remember buying Ugg boots about 30 years ago in NZ in my teens, and they were super comfortable, warm and lasted forever. Ugg was a generic name, not a label. Sorry, but I can't believe the pricetag slapped on them here just because a company has trademarked the name as theirs.

chocolatemartini Wed 11-Sep-13 18:36:04

Aaaah don't remind me how lovely my uggs are. Now I want to wear them to work tomorrow.

I love mine too. Currently have 2 pairs of Kensingtons in black and brown. Footwear perfection with a sole that grips. grin

SundaySimmons Wed 11-Sep-13 19:08:54

I buy a pair of uggs every year. Usually HUKD have a deal and I buy a pair then.

My daughter used to wear them but no so much now.

I wash them and they come up fab. They are great for the beach all year round but more so on a cold, dry day.

I love them, can't fault them.

ExcuseTypos Wed 11-Sep-13 20:30:14

I love my Kensington UGGS and I don't care if others don't like them.

I'm just rather smugg in my uggs cos my feet are toasty warm.smile

Cessj Thu 12-Sep-13 14:31:21

"Considering selling one of the children so I can buy another pair"
Am I the only one who did a double take at this? It took me a few moments to work out that you weren't considering selling one of you children!

nickdrakeslovechild Thu 12-Sep-13 16:43:33

Yes Beginner I have some kensingtons, I debated them for ages and they are my favourite boots ever, they have done 3 winters now and still look as good as new. They are not waterproof, but when its cold my feet are so cozy.

carrie74 Thu 12-Sep-13 16:57:58

I want something similar just to wear around the house. Last year bought some M&S slipper boots in same style, and they were ok, but the inners got flattened really quickly. Thinking of trying the Bearpaws ones in TK Maxx, anyone know if they're any good? It seems a bit ridiculous paying any more for the real thing when they won't set foot outside (except to take out the bins grin).

Jellybellyrbest Thu 12-Sep-13 22:39:21

Happy Birthday OP! I too am 38 & bought my second pair of Uggs last week. Am soooo happy. My BIL went to US for work & brought a pair back for DSis & myself. So my Chestnut Baileys cost me £105 instead of £165. Wore my last pair till they fell apart after 3 years...they have almost got holes in the toes! They are now my slippers. I'm determined to make my new ones last though; can I ask how you all protect yours against the elements?

marthamydear Fri 13-Sep-13 23:18:45

Hi,

It's worth going for uggs (ugly bugly boots) as DH and I call them.

They are so comfy and warm. I have two pairs. Tall sandy colour I was given for Christmas 10 years ago - still look new and Kensington Black that I bought 3 years ago. They are my main winter boots.

The Kensingtons are very heavy on your foot though - but much studier - even if my DH calls them 'Father Christmas' boots - he has a point, they do look like boot's that Santa wears smile

The tall ones are suede and very very light. So cosy.

They are mum boots though! smile

Get them, once you do - you kind of sacrifice style over warmth xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now