Uniqlo Heatech tops......quick question

(29 Posts)
Ujjayi Tue 10-Sep-13 07:23:23

I would like to try these but cannot abide anything that is tight & polyester. Looking at the composition I am concerned these will feel bleurgh! Can any seasoned Heatech wearers give some feedback please?

Ujjayi Tue 10-Sep-13 18:16:56

Eeyoreish - I have Icebreaker layers in various weights for skiing but they are too heavy for indoors IMO, although fabulous for dog walking duty smile. Also agree that they are too sporty for wearing under dresses etc.

I am very anti polyester & acrylic so reassuring to hear that they feel nice and silky rather than that awful thick unyielding sweaty polyester. I've ordered two crew necks, a v-neck and a lace-edged camisole. Can't wait to get them.

loraflora Tue 10-Sep-13 20:00:48

I really like them and they don't make me sweaty. They are snug but unlike some thermals, I can take off the outer layer if I'm too hot and it just looks like a close-fitting top. Previously I have had thermals from M&S and although they were black, they still looked a bit Damart and the longjohns used to ride up under my trousers. The Uniqlo stuff stays in place.

Dawndonnaagain Tue 10-Sep-13 21:55:16

dh lives in these in the winter, he is disabled so can't move around to keep warm, these keep him really warm. He also has AS so is really funny about the way things feel, but loves these are they are soft, not squeaky! (His description)!

Ujjayi Wed 18-Sep-13 14:11:02

Thank you for all the helpful advice on this thread smile My new heat tech tops arrived a few days ago and they are lovely.

For those asking about sizing: I ordered a medium and they are perfect ie not shrink-wrap tight but close fitting (I am a size 8-10). Lovely and long in the body and sleeve.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now