style heroes?

(81 Posts)
nellieloula Sat 07-Sep-13 08:11:30

So my gorgeous friend is treating me to a morning with a personal shopper/stylist. Very exciting - in advance i have been asked to tell her whose style I like....my mind has gone completely blank!

So in the hope of some inspiration....who are your style heroes??

hiphapnap Wed 30-Apr-14 20:55:53
daimbardiva Wed 11-Sep-13 10:44:41

Actually I have to say I have a soft spot for Holly too - she's not really my style but she dresses really well, and has a great eye for what suits her. And seems like a lovely person too smile

newmumsuchfun Wed 11-Sep-13 06:49:13

Not as trendy as the others on here - but my style idol is Holly Willoughby. She is curvy like me and always looks feminine and beautiful. Love everything she wears on This Morning.

Deathbyladybirds Wed 11-Sep-13 06:43:47

I heart Michelle Obama.

sisterofmercy Tue 10-Sep-13 15:21:31

I also rather like the way Michelle Obama carries herself. I know she's very rich and probably has staff but she's graceful, the clothes are elegant without being fussy and stuffy and they allow her to move so she can do the hugging and the speeches. She also looks great in a posh evening gown.

noddyholder Tue 10-Sep-13 09:26:00

Kate Moss Helena Christensen Josephine de la Baume

SELondonSwede Tue 10-Sep-13 09:24:23

I love the outdoorsy chic look. Princess madeleine of sweden carries this look so well.

bettykt Mon 09-Sep-13 21:38:41

Sofia Coppola, I absolutely love her style, she's a bit safe but knows exactly what suits her.
Ines de la Fressange, classic French dressing at its best.
Those effortlessly stylish Italian women you see on Oxford Street!

GrumpyOldHorsewoman Mon 09-Sep-13 20:33:50

Giovanna Battaglia
Emmanuelle Alt
Arizona Muse - ridiculously beautiful
The Olsen Twins
Audrey Tautou
Marion Cotillard
and, a recent addition (especially since her fab new haircut) Giuliana Rancic

Flo56 Mon 09-Sep-13 13:05:48

Patti Smith
Camila Batmanghelidjh
Vivienne Westwood
There are loads of other women who dress beautifully but, to be honest, a lot of them look the same to me.

Oh and Leonard Cohen - because he looks sexier, in his late seventies, than he did in his thirties smile

RaspberrySchnapps Mon 09-Sep-13 12:45:18

My all time style icon is Audrey Hepburn. So simple and chic all the time in anything. perfect.

Daphne Guinness always manages to look amazing and confident no matter how outlandish her outfit, like theatre or performance art. But you couldn't wear it in Wigan (unless you're Lady Gaga).

Had a huge poster of Debbie Harry in my room as a teen, love her style and attitude.

I also like how Chloe Sevigny, Clemence Poesy and Sienna Miller dress. Also Kylie, Helen Mirren and Olivia Palermo. Madonna and Kate Moss too.

MiniTheMinx Mon 09-Sep-13 12:17:49

Caroline Sieber
Helena Bonham Carter
Ulyana Sergenko
Dita von Teese
Frida Kahlo

higgle Mon 09-Sep-13 11:45:12

Elle McPherson - always out and about in perfectly simple clothes looking great.

cakelover75 Mon 09-Sep-13 10:54:59

Jo Whiley, Lauren Lavern and Daisy Lowe.

daimbardiva Mon 09-Sep-13 10:41:44

Oh, and Erin O'Connor too

daimbardiva Mon 09-Sep-13 10:41:23

Lauren Laverne, Zoey Deschanel, Chloe Sevigny, Alexa Chung, Laura Bailey

All are chic and elegant, but with their own take on style

Meglet Mon 09-Sep-13 10:23:20

Carine Roitfeld. Brow envy envy.
Vivenne Westwood.
The late Isabella Blow, I could never afford or have a reason to dress like she did but she always looked fab.
Kate Moss.

OxfordToLondoner Mon 09-Sep-13 09:29:46

I was going to say 'Claudia Winkleman'

but then I found this....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/claudia-winkleman-gq-awards-fake-2251186

So, Claudia Winkleman c 20010

RussiansOnTheSpree Mon 09-Sep-13 08:32:52

Helena Bonham Carter.

reggiebean Mon 09-Sep-13 06:47:57

Olivia Palermo 100%. Everything she wears is perfect.

Ujjayi - I read the same article - like two furry caterpillars grin, but somehow it just works

cardamomginger Sun 08-Sep-13 23:30:20

Stella Tenant, Karlie Kloss, Erin O'Connor, Cate Blanchett.

williaminajetfighter Sun 08-Sep-13 23:00:12

Michelle Williams definitely. Structured classic dresses with a kind of demure look. Amazing.

Selma Blair. Also v classic.

bluebump Sun 08-Sep-13 22:28:52

I always like what Annie Mac wears, her clothes and jewellery.

saadia Sun 08-Sep-13 22:22:00

I love Keira Knightley's style, so simple and fresh and also Emma Stone's off-duty look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now