Are these boots too 'mumsy'?

(61 Posts)
BethAndHerBrood Fri 06-Sep-13 17:10:28

I like these, but don't want to look dowdy.

I mainly wear leggings, and tunic tops, and want an ankle boot that looks smartish, with a decent tread on them.

I don't like chelsea boots, even though they seem 'on trend' this year.

So if not these, what?

bigTillyMint Fri 06-Sep-13 17:12:17

Hmmm, maybe if you are young and model-like. They would look very mum-bootish on me.

Look dowdy to me grin

ProtectiveMother Fri 06-Sep-13 17:14:33

I think they are not nice. I too am looking for winter boots so will keep you updated on any finds :-)

Screwfox Fri 06-Sep-13 17:14:43

They're a bit vegetarian

SofaCanary Fri 06-Sep-13 17:15:36

The mum boot alarm is ringing loud and clear shock

bigTillyMint Fri 06-Sep-13 17:16:02

Screwfoxgrin Vegetarian in the 80's!

DeathByTray Fri 06-Sep-13 17:17:19

I don't like the boots.

That aside - I hate the reference of mumsy = dowdy.

Screwfox Fri 06-Sep-13 17:18:21

Mumsy means dowdy. It means nothing else. It's like Saying that you don't like the idea of red being a dark shade of pink!

BethAndHerBrood Fri 06-Sep-13 17:23:39

Lol, that's what i secretly thought!

I am alarmed that i thought they looked 'comfy'blush

I may be teetering on the slippery slope to a wolf fleece and bootcut jeans!

Help save me!

Sorry but I think that they are worse than 'mumsy' and are actually 'very old lady-ish.' They are dreadful, imvho. However, if you like them and want to wear them, ignore me!

I think leggings and a tunic is already a difficult look to make 'not mumsy' so those boots would really not be helping.

These look sturdy and comfortable but less Footglove-ish.

campocaro Fri 06-Sep-13 17:26:52

They look reasonably smart and comfortable for every day.
I have some like this and also some like the higher heeled ones under the main photo for smarter occasions when I dont have to walk too far

CambridgeBlue Fri 06-Sep-13 17:33:08

I really like Clarks boots in general but I'm really not keen on those - I'm sure they'd be comfy but if you want something stylish they're not going to work imo. There are lots of better ones on the Clarks website that would tick both the comfy/practical and stylish boxes. I like these although I guess suede isn't actually that practical. These are nice, possibly a bit high (although I've got a couple of years ago's knee length version and find them really comfy and practical). The ones Remus linked to would be ideal as well.

BethAndHerBrood Fri 06-Sep-13 17:50:55

I like those second ones, cambrigeblue, i wonder if i can carry them off. I don't walk loads, but would like to be able to wander round town without ending up with feet balls of fire.

Remus, those are just a touch too 'biker' for me. And dh hated them.

Thanks for your opinions. All very helpful. grin

Yes, Cambridge's second ones look like they'd be good. smile

Dare I ask what your dh thought of your original ones? wink

orangeandemons Fri 06-Sep-13 17:55:02

My friends dh once described a pair of shoes that she bought as left wing. grin...sort of like vegetarian ones really

BethAndHerBrood Fri 06-Sep-13 17:59:02

Remus, i showed dh those i posted on here earlier. He just went off into a monologue of 'how can a woman with so many shoes blah blah blah'

He tends to not comment unless he dislikes something, so silence is a good sign!

ModerationInEverything Fri 06-Sep-13 18:04:13

I got DMs last year and they are super comfy. These are the ones I have www.shoes.co.uk/womens/dr-martens/boots/new-authentic-wedge-zip-calf-boot--743300001/black?cawelaid=1474607555&cagpspn=pla&gclid=co6e44igt7kcfuxktaodowqa8w but they have loads of styles.

If he was silent for the original ones, his opinion is worthless anyway! grin

boodles Fri 06-Sep-13 18:26:34
BethAndHerBrood Fri 06-Sep-13 18:35:26

Oooh, i like those shimmery docs! Unfortunately, they are not really 'me', iykwim.

And those wedge boots wouldn't fit round my legs.sad

These are my current Clarks favourites, FWIW. Am watching keenly for when they come into stock.
Clarks have much luffliness this season.

BethAndHerBrood Fri 06-Sep-13 18:49:39

Mami, those are really nice, but not sure about suede though. I live somewhere where it rains a lot. It has started today. And probably wont stop till may.

toisa Fri 06-Sep-13 18:54:30

Positively not mum-bootish.....GRAN-bootish!!!! Mwah ha ha! Soorry...didnt mean to be rudethanks... But keep looking!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now