Autumn Term At Crepey Towers

(1000 Posts)
QueenQueenie Thu 05-Sep-13 10:38:02

I did it!

Blackduck Fri 20-Sep-13 09:09:22

This weeks stress is over - two stents fitted yesterday (after some delay) - apparently mum is much better - dad was amazed at the difference - so clearly all the blood is flowing better and getting where it should.

motherinferior Fri 20-Sep-13 09:17:54

Hurrah, BD!

Well, I started the day with my Ladyjog (up to three minutes of solid running, look at me go, wheee!) and then came back to discover the house in uproar because the Big Male Cat had brought in a dead squirrel. The Inferiorettes were actually pinned in DD2's room with the corpse and the murderer prowling right outside while DP was in the shower...and then, even more terrifyingly, they looked out and it had disappeared.

By the time I got in DD1 was dramatically late for her 8am start - she has a German before-school class - to the point where she had just stopped worrying; I took a chance on the vile South Circular traffic and ordered her into the car and drove her (I never, ever usually do this but it wasn't exactly her fault) while DP cleared up the gore and located the dead squirrel by following Murderer Cat upstairs. Found it warm, under DD2's bed.

The good thing was that the traffic was clear grin so at least DD1 got to school on time. And I missed the whole excitement. Though am now not sure about being alone in house with MC, obviously.

bigTillyMint Fri 20-Sep-13 09:23:09

Ooh MI, what a drama! You will be in need of a calming drink tonightwink

motherinferior Fri 20-Sep-13 09:24:08

By the time she got in the car DD1 was on a roll. She tells it better than I do smile

rubyrubyruby Fri 20-Sep-13 09:28:23

I still have unpacked boxes

I can't find my hair dye
I can't find my hair dryer
I can't find my boots

FFS - this is what happens when I prioritise house and work over S&B

However, I have just booked my train so I will be there, wherever it is (PM please) with grey roots, frizzy hair and sandals/trainers

Stropperella Fri 20-Sep-13 09:29:33

Oh that reminds me of the time (when I was about your dd1's age) when I found half a dead rabbit under my bed. However, I counted myself somewhat lucky, as a while later db found half another rabbit under his pillow. grin That was down to canine, rather than feline, misdeeds, however.

rubyrubyruby Fri 20-Sep-13 09:30:40

grin at squirrel drama

Glad your Mum is doing well BD

<<hopes it's not obvious that I've only read last 5 posts>>

Stropperella Fri 20-Sep-13 09:31:04

x-posts, Ruby. grin You've still got time to unpack a few boxes grin

hattymattie Fri 20-Sep-13 09:48:09

Glad to hear the good news about your mum BD that must be such a relief for you and your dad.

Have fun tonight crepeys envy envyenvy

QueenQueenie Fri 20-Sep-13 10:23:38

We'll raise a cockytail to you hatty!

hattymattie Fri 20-Sep-13 10:46:41

grin

bigTillyMint Fri 20-Sep-13 11:07:16

BD, good to hear your DM is doing well - time to celebrate!

Ruby, have PM'd yousmile

wordassociationfootball Fri 20-Sep-13 11:14:30

Have an ossum time, tonight girls.

wordassociationfootball Fri 20-Sep-13 11:14:40

(Dukes)

motherinferior Fri 20-Sep-13 11:19:35

Ooh, can't you come? (ANd how's DD1?)

bigTillyMint Fri 20-Sep-13 11:26:08

Oh, WAF, pleeeeaaaassssseeee come!

Cremolafoam Fri 20-Sep-13 12:19:16

Thé eagle has landed.well the crepey has anyway.
bloody gatwick is a hell hole.shock
Lol squirrel drama MI - it is just a matter of time chez nous. Death toll this year includes a robin, a bunny, 16 shrews and a blackbird. Not including meeces- too numerous to mention.
I have knee boot swell. My feet are like baps.

rubyrubyruby Fri 20-Sep-13 12:43:39

C'mon Dukes.

Looking forward to meeting you Crem.

I have located hair dryer and dye in the lounge in a box marked 'books' hmm. Dye is currently cooking on my head.

I will have to do my nails and phone British Gas whilst on the train.
smile

CointreauVersial Fri 20-Sep-13 12:52:07

DH has confirmed he will be home mid-afternoon to take over child-wrangling duties, so I should be propping up the cockytail bar with the rest of you. Yay!

Must look up train times.....

alto1 Fri 20-Sep-13 13:02:57

altocat has retired from the murdering, we think - no presents for a long time in this house, not that she was overly generous (think a quarter of a mouse).

Good news BD - hops your Mum makes a smooth recovery.

Dsis, after weeks of swithering, has fixed on tonight as the only convenient time to return my mother, who's been staying with her. And bring herself and BIL to stay over.

So I've told them I'll be out grin grin

Thanks for msg BTM

See you later, everyone

bigTillyMint Fri 20-Sep-13 13:14:13

OOOOhhh, excellent!

Cremolafoam Fri 20-Sep-13 13:46:22

Oh alto frustration!
But glad you're coming outsmile
Bd hope you feel a bit lighter today and will come too.

wilbur Fri 20-Sep-13 14:25:40

Thanks for posting deets - all good. I'll do my best to grab a cockytail, but more likely to meet at restaurant. Sounds like I will have some catching up to do grin. Please don't peak too early! Looking forward to it!

herbaceous Fri 20-Sep-13 14:34:12

Still don't know what I'm going to wear. I've got a lovely drapey necked stripey top from, of course, Sains, but I have no idea where it is. No excuses of moving house, etc. This happens quite often. I wonder if I'm going senile?

Blackduck Fri 20-Sep-13 14:53:48

Hi all - al change again, they discharged mum today (all a bit sudden) so I am off to do the whole good daughter bit.

Have fun, don't do anything I wouldn't do and I will be looking for reports of rowdy drunken women of a certain age in the news! Sorry to miss meeting those of you I haven't met, and sorry not to touch base again with those I have.

Next time I am down if we can squeeze in a mini meet that would be great.

This thread is not accepting new messages.