HoC Autumns

(1000 Posts)
Seri77 Tue 20-Aug-13 14:51:46

Thought I'd start a thread for autumns as the spring and winters threads seem busy and I feel I'm missing out!

I'm an autumn leaf and going for the style day soon. I haven't bought much this year as only had colours done a couple of months ago and waiting to discover my style before spending. I have been decluttering my wardrobe quite ruthlessly as I had a lot of the wrong colours/tatty clothes.

I did buy some Kettlewell tops and have had a few compliments so I certainly believe that colour analysis works.

Unfortunately my autumn/winter coats are black but expensive so I won't be replacing them for at least a couple of years.

Any suggestions for colourful hats/scarves/gloves to lift the black? High street brands please as I can't get parcels delivered to home.

evelynj Tue 22-Oct-13 22:29:51

There's a sale on hoc make up-I was browsing for a gingery nail varnish-got 2 varnishes & a lippy for £2.50 each-think p&p was £4.50

Tk maxx have a lovely dark olive carry. I still have stuff to hand wash dye which I may do tomorrow night. Please with the machine done stuff

TripTrapTripTrapOverTheBridge Tue 22-Oct-13 22:34:42

Dark olive carry?

What is the hoc make up like?

Whitecat Wed 23-Oct-13 16:43:21

I've just found this Royal Purple Coat on ebay if anyone is a size 10 and interested. It's a real statement coat and I would love it but its much to small for me.

charitygirl Wed 23-Oct-13 16:49:23

Beautiful coat!

Lovely coat, whitecat thanks for posting.

I have a lovely grass green wool coat that I bought off eBay for £12 over the summer. I really like it, but sometimes feel just a bit too bright in it. I also find it difficult when I'm wearing darker greens, teal, petrol type colours.

evelynj Wed 23-Oct-13 17:10:59

Ha-cardy, dark olive cardy, damn autocorrect!

HoC make up seems vg-lipsticks have amazing pigmentation-am just going to order the brick from my rep.

The makeup arrived today & nail varnishes are great! Not sure about the colour of the lippy, maybe not orange enough for me but great to mix with other colours & I haven't any other make up on today so may be better when I do that....nail varnishes are fab once 2 coats are on.

I really need a long red drapey cardigan on a budget. Any ideas? The tesco one wasn't great on me, not red enough maybe. I had a good one a few years ago from primark but chucked it sad

Whitecat Wed 23-Oct-13 17:58:25

Queen ebay can be a treasure trove of bargains. It is time consuming but being able to filter by colour makes itso mmuch easier. Since discovering that mustard is ** I've bought a short wool coat, a wool jumper and just bought a mac/riding coat all from eBay.
Your grass green coat sounds gorgeous.

I am an ardent eBayer, and have found some fantastic things. It's particularly useful for me, as I have few opportunities to go clothes shopping (and limited inclination). Recently I've snapped up a jumper, skirt and wristwarmers by Brora. I've now turned my Brora alert off blush.

I bought this White Stuff dress, which I love. I wish I could find more patterned things like that, as most of my current wardrobe is all solid colours. Any ideas where to look?

Whitecat Wed 23-Oct-13 21:13:09

Yeah patterned stuff is difficult, there's usually some colour mixed in that messes the whole Autumn colour scheme. Black typically. My last pattern buy was also White Stuff. If you can face the rummaging TKMaxx is worth a look too.

Curse you mums net, I clicked on that coat, and before you could say jack autumnson I'd bought a purple/gold principles silk dress!!!!

GeorginaWorsley Wed 23-Oct-13 21:20:27

Agree re eBay.
Got a Sandwich burnt orange drapey top recently that I wore with Next khaki coated jeans and a necklace from Marks that has olive,teal,orange and navy beads.

Hopasholic Thu 24-Oct-13 14:00:09

Going to have to post my links on separate posts as every time I come back to my post on my iPad, it disappears hmm

Anyway am chuffed to bits at getting my hands on these teal trousers I've had my eye on them for ages but they'd sold out. I managed to get the last pair of 10's and I'm hoping they're generous as I'm inbetween a 10&12 smile

As I've been sticking to my colours I should already have a couple of tops to go with them.

Hopasholic Thu 24-Oct-13 14:03:09

I've just taken delivery of these www.clarks.co.uk/p/20355472 today. They're a bit too high for work though as I stand up all day and I think they'll kill me but might work ok with casual dresses/skirts. What do you think?

Hopasholic Thu 24-Oct-13 14:14:22

Hopasholic Thu 24-Oct-13 14:18:04
Hopasholic Thu 24-Oct-13 14:22:06

Sorry for multiple posts blush I am now soooooo close to chucking my iPad out of the window angry. I was going to link some more bits I've bought <over the last few months, not all bought today, honest!> but my iPad keeps crashing, my kitchen is in a state of chaos and I've been on MN all day. That sock & pant mountain has been there for a week and it looks like the fairy, aka, moi is gonna have to sort it grin

Hopefully Thu 24-Oct-13 16:11:51

Will have a proper catch up later, but just popping in to say charity I bought 'your' H&M Aztec type print cardigan today. Generally had a pretty good haul in there - teal maternity t-shirt, dark olive jumper dress (non maternity, but stretchy and fab colour), a plainish oatmeal t-shirt and a whopping three scarves - one similar Aztec print to the cardigan, one bright orange and one dark olive, all nice and big and slouchy.

Hopefully Thu 24-Oct-13 19:35:08

here is the dress I bought in the dark olive. Also nice in the cream and oatmealy cool ours, I might get another one. Size down for the non-pregnant though, unless you want slouchy.

ASmittenKitten Fri 25-Oct-13 09:51:40

Hi Autumn lovelies! I am coming to England next week smile and I want to spend some money! Please can you give me some very specific names/brands/colours for some new make up. I want to buy some cc cream/foundation, lipstick and nail varnish. Please be quite specific - I am clueless crap at colours so words like brick, coral and peach just confuse me confused. I have been colour coded in the past and am a very happy Autumn. I know it's a big ask so I am baking you all some lovely German cakes as a thank you.

Chanel peridot is the green nail varnish I'm currently lusting after.
Nails Inc Kensington High Street is a rich plummy red, verging on aubergine.

charitygirl Fri 25-Oct-13 10:38:20

Good haul hopefully - I think the Aztec print cardi is perfect for a natural dramatic! I did buy the Aztec scarf - it's so big and luxurious looking despite being cheap as anything!

MillyRules Fri 25-Oct-13 11:01:20

I loved those dresses but can't wear polyester or viscose. They are sooo lovely.

Hopefully Fri 25-Oct-13 12:47:12

Milly I am normally precious about fabric but have abandoned all standards during pregnancy - I don't need them to last, and it's hard enough finding maternity clothes in good colours!

Charity I am loving the Aztec scarf. Even DH, who practically weeps every time I buy a new scarf said, "ooh, that one's quite nice." He was less impressed with the other two scarves that accompanied it.

Hopefully Fri 25-Oct-13 12:48:45

Smitten I do in all honesty rate thee HoC make up, if you want guaranteed good colours. Especially the lipsticks, eye shadows and blushers. If you want any advice or want an order sent to a hotel or anything, feel free to PM me.

charitygirl Fri 25-Oct-13 13:24:26

Hah, my otherwise scarf-blind husband liked it too. He has also had to admit that the tartan leggings look good too (though will not look good for long if I keep feeding this hangover with biscuits...).

This thread is not accepting new messages.