lots of bird print
cigarette pants
animal print heels
neon pink
ankle boots
a parka

Come share with me what you will be mostly wearing

Lottapianos Wed 14-Aug-13 10:07:10

I used to feel that way Justshabbynochic but I wear them now with long socks inside which I roll down so the top of the boots don't flap about and I think they look wicked. If that makes sense!

MadBusLady Wed 14-Aug-13 10:11:25

Also, I am going to abandon cardigans. They don't do anything for me shapewise, they're hard to match with tops and they make me chilly. Fuck 'em. Jumpers or layered tops all the way.

primallass Wed 14-Aug-13 10:14:06

Skinny jeans
Chinos
Jumper dresses
New khaki cosy coat
Bailey Uggs (shoot me now)
Scarves

I am rather fond of ankle boots with scrunched up leg warmers inside - makes them much easier to wear with skinnies because it bulks my skinny ankles up a bit. But I wear the legwarmers low and scrunchy, so they just stick out of the top of the boots.

Has anybody seen any nice new jumper dresses? I am very fond of a jumper dress and have a couple pf lovely ones, but I fancy a grey one and also a navy blue and black one.

Ooh Lottapianos I might have to try that! My problem is I have big feet so I feel clunky in a lot of things. Rounded toes suit me best. I am secretly jealous of all who can pull off ankle bootage. I also think they shorten my legs. Longer-length boots I think suit me better but are so expensive. Ugg-styles are my go-to boot but I am highly aware how out of style they are. This just sounds like one big boot-related whinge!

Please carry on with your AW fashions! smile

Lottapianos Wed 14-Aug-13 10:44:24

Don't worry about what's 'in style' or 'out of style' Justshabbynochic - wear what you feel good in, whatever makes you feel confident, not what the shops are telling you you 'should' be wearing. Which seems to be mostly crop tops and hot pants at the moment hmm Nice.

foxysocks Wed 14-Aug-13 10:51:56

remus I have one from reiss which is fine knit merino in purpley indigo blue colour (old - bought in 2008 i think), and one from hush which is a grey/blue more chunky honeycomb stitch (last AW). hush always do at least one and mine has washed really well.

Annianni Wed 14-Aug-13 10:52:27

Grey suede ankle boots with slim leg jeans rolled up,
Cashmere slouchy v necks and my parka.

Heeled grey leather ankle boots with skinny jeans and a silk blouse.

I can't wait to wear my Marant Jenny's with jeans and a big fat knit.

I wear a lot of jeans grin

Annianni Wed 14-Aug-13 10:56:04

Justshabby I wear Uggs and I don't care if they're 'out'... They're comfy and warm.

I ignore what's in fashion, and buy what I like (usually)
Although I do quite fancy a big coccoon coat at the moment.

Kezztrel Wed 14-Aug-13 10:59:16

Remus I've just seen a gorgeous grey cashmere jumper dress on TK Maxx - think only L or XL is left but could work as a slouchy one.

snowlie Wed 14-Aug-13 11:59:53

Loving this thread, just pulling together my pin board for a massive spree in September after buying no clothes for 4 months.

I want....
A wool coat, maybe red, maybe military, below or at knee.
Cashmere grey jumper/cardigan
Cowboy or biker ankle boots
Slouchy grey leather bag
Black knitted dress
Red ankle boots
White layering shirt from Me&Em
Black peg trousers to fit my large calves - any ideas?
Some legwarmers to peek out over my knee length boots
A skater skirt - knee length, fake leather.

Heeled animal shoes sound fab....might just add those to my list too

Pinupgirl Wed 14-Aug-13 13:03:52

Tea dresses,tea dresses and yet more tea dresses! I love them and will wear with opaques,coloured and seamed tights,shoe boots or mary janes. Faux pearls or cameo and scarves or clips in my hair.

JellyBelly10 Wed 14-Aug-13 13:20:28

This A/W I will mostly be wearing.....
....the same stuff I've been wearing for about the past 8-10 years since having children! But to make it all even better I will be accompanying it all with frumpy flat shoes and crutches thanks to knee surgery! sad

spottymoo Wed 14-Aug-13 13:31:41

Black & indigo skinnys
Cotton chunky knit jumpers
Cards with long sleeve tips and scarfs
Ugg boots
Brown knee highs
Denim skirts

Tend to be pretty casual but warm
Need a new coat and and brown handbag
Thinking of a green parka

Thanks Kezz - I'll have a look.

Jones the Bootmakers had some v nice heeled leopard print boots in their sale, if anybody is after such a thing btw.

Straight leg jeans (My waist and hips are a size 10 but my calves refuse to fit into skinnies)
Fitted cardigans
Ballet flats
Bright scarves to brighten up otherwise neutral outfits.

Certainly not high fashion, but it is a look that flatters and works for me.

Am hoping that my quilted coat isn't too dated yet as I really like it. TBH I live in the sticks and so it fits in with the Joules brigade regardless of fashion.

I need some new winter boots, preferably flat (have worn Clarks Orinoco for the past 2 years) but haven't decided on which ones I like yet.

What brand of boot shall I look at in regards to ankle boots and knee high boots, y'all? I'm looking for something to last walking in lots but not much more over £70 or so!

Impossible?

I have a navy wool military coat I will be wearing a lot with grey, denim, and black skinnies, mostly.

GeorginaWorsley Wed 14-Aug-13 15:18:37

Love autumn clothes

Will be looking for anything chocolate coloured as this really suits me but has been off fashion radar

Warm possibly down filled coat

Maybe new brown knee boots,have loads of ankle boots already but existing knee ones few years old

Maybe nice fine autumn coloured jumper,can't do Chunky

Last yr loved Dorothy Perkins coated jeans and Marks indigo collection navy coated biker jacket

scarlet76 Wed 14-Aug-13 18:40:30

Agree. Think autumn clothes are my favourite clothes.
My list wasn't about what's necessarily in fashion but what I actually like to be wearing.
Saw some nice mid length jersey skirts in DP today - striped or plain - that might make the list!!!

snowlie Wed 14-Aug-13 20:59:45

Justashabby Clarks have some great ankle boots and there's a 20% off code kicking around. I just bought some leopard skin heels with the code.

ShoeWhore Wed 14-Aug-13 21:15:08

Skinny jeans (dark blue) and skinny flares (v dark blue)
Cowl neck jumpers in dark grey and orange
Fine knit sweaters/cardigans in dark grey and purple; also bright blue
Black suede ankle boots (Office Untouchable)
Thermals under everything! (I like M&S Heatgen ones)
Zebra print coat until it gets really cold

I desperately need a new winter coat - possibly two as I need a school run coat and not sure I want to wear that all the time!
Like the idea of a jumper dress or two.
Saw some more black ankle boots in Clarks that might take over from the suede ones in bad weather.
Also want some new scarves. Maybe orange. Snake print. Nice grey pattern.

Have got some bright blue skinnies that I'd like to continue wearing but feeling a bit clueless about what winter footwear would work?

MrsMcGregor Wed 14-Aug-13 21:30:20

Great thread! I love AW, hate it when SS rolls around. Unusually for me I don't know what I'll buy. A wander around the city shops old be lovely. I do know I'll be in skinnies (jeans and cords) with boots, knee high or ankle. I bought lovely black knee high LKB riding boots last year but old be tempted by a new pair of brown knee highs. Maybe a coat refresh - something I between my Barbour which has no warmth, Aigle which is waterproof and proved a great investment last year and a green Ralph Lauren Paper Denim puffa which is great for really frosty days but otherwise too warm.

MrsMcGregor Wed 14-Aug-13 21:33:02

Excuse typos! 'Old' should be would.

I meant to ask whether anyone is wearing skinny cords this season? I have grey and burgundy Superdry pairs which I lived in last winter. Would like to wear them some more!

You've just reminded me that I want a scarf with a navy and black print of some sort.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now