Scarves

(20 Posts)
CerealMom Sat 03-Aug-13 17:02:55

Charity shops. Think silk, old lady chic.

blibblibs Sat 03-Aug-13 16:32:59

My very favourite one is from Fat Face. Usually £20ish each from there but they really are lovely.

TallulahBetty Sat 03-Aug-13 16:28:14

Next always have lovely ones but they're £20+.

Must add Sainsbos to the list. You'll need to be very selective but I've had two fab finds from there and worn them so much. Their prints can be good especially, or they were in spring!! Look much pricier than they were.

Also TX max for scarves that have been very pricey and now about £10, it is a bit pricier but I got an absolute classic of a spotty scarf there.

cloudskitchen Sat 03-Aug-13 15:34:00

ps I wrap mine around once or twice quite loosely if its long and either tie the ends again loosely or not depending on whether they are getting in the way.

cloudskitchen Sat 03-Aug-13 15:32:00

I love scarves. I have loads (but never enough) I get mine from a variety of places. my fave ones that I wore until it got too warm were from primark, one from local (posh) garden centre, white stuff, accessorize. I seem to wear a lot of black in the winter so they add colour for me. Had to resort to colourful beads for the summer grin

AlwaysSleepingBeauty Sat 03-Aug-13 13:32:05

Warehouse often have some nice scarves at a reasonable price.

Oh and M&S have the occasional gem - a lot of crap there too though

H&M occasionally have nice, cheap ones - but they have a lot of crap too.
TK Maxx - can usually find a good one there.
Warehouse
Hobbs sales

mysteryfairy Sat 03-Aug-13 11:28:57

When I was last in zara - a week ago - they had the tail end of sale stock but this included a surprising amount of scarves for £7.99. I guess they aren't something people feel like buying if it's very hot. Might be worth a look if it's somewhere easier to get to.

Allthingspretty Sat 03-Aug-13 11:13:12

Tk Maxx and search you tube for how to tie scarves vids.

loopyloou Sat 03-Aug-13 10:22:39

Thanks smile

Anywhere else other than Primark? (I don't get there very often)

spicywalrus Sat 03-Aug-13 09:37:07

Yes, they are in a big loop iyswim. I then loop them round a couple of times.

loopyloou Sat 03-Aug-13 09:14:59

So you would just loop them round?

spicywalrus Sat 03-Aug-13 08:28:44

Sorry scarves

spicywalrus Sat 03-Aug-13 08:27:55

Primark also have snood scarfs which don't need to be tied.

loopyloou Sat 03-Aug-13 08:12:46

Thanks smile

Primark is a good call if you don't want to spend too much. They have a good variety of colours and patterns and they are cheap enough not to worry over making a mistake. There's a link here to a video showing you different ways to tie a scarf

spicywalrus Sat 03-Aug-13 06:42:16

Primark have a really good choice, they are around £4 each. I normally wear them by making a loop at the neck and then pulling the rest of the scarf through - sorry that's a really crap explanation!

loopyloou Sat 03-Aug-13 00:02:01

I'm thinking ahead to autumn/winter and trying to gather some plain white/cream tops for work and would like to be able to brighten them up with scarves, but don't know where is a good place to buy them or how to tie them really. Can someone give me an idea of what sort of scarf I need? (Not too expensive.)

Thanks. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now