Autumn/Winter wish list

(85 Posts)
MrsCampbellBlack Tue 30-Jul-13 17:40:38

Yes, yes I know its July but all the winter stuff is going to be hitting the shops soon so what do you desire?

I want the following:

- a bright coat for winter - this is my current favourite massimo
- some distressed jeans
- a fur/shearling gilet - I want one of these every year and have never found one that doesn't make me look like a womble. But its my holy grail.
- some black ankle boots that I can wear with dresses for everyday. Something like the Rag & Bone harrow boots but a lot cheaper.

So anyone else?

Ooh that's lovely, Amber. Would be fantastic with neon. smile

LadyMilfordHaven Wed 31-Jul-13 22:21:04

Lol at blue skirt. There's someone at work who would wear that. She also owns a butter yellow leather skirt

LadyMilfordHaven Wed 31-Jul-13 22:21:55

That's the one Remus. I think.

LadyMilfordHaven Wed 31-Jul-13 22:23:14

Liz McDonald. Ginger frizzy. Bit slaggy. In a polyester way

She sounds lovely.

Yes, I think the skirt is fine for work - I always get v positive comments on it.

MrsCampbellBlack Thu 01-Aug-13 06:47:21

Like the leopard print skirt - nice with plain white shirt, but I have a thing for white shirts at the moment.

Amber - you can clearly see Hilary Alexander's influence in that blue skirt wink - am assuming she needs the money to get involved in per una.

Am going child-free shopping and a lunching today so will have a look round m&s as I find their website utterly shite.

bunnymother Thu 01-Aug-13 08:18:02

The red MD coat is divine MrsCB. It's on my wishlist. And I also want
black leather shorts,
lined tweed wool shorts (to avoid itchiness of wool),
Slouchy knits that don't make me look extra porky (maybe its thick knitwear that's doing it?),
Navy ankle boots
Animal print wool or cashmere scarf
Tartan wool scarf
H&M cotton bib front shirt
Fake fur coat and fur gilet (not really expecting to find ones that work for me)

Thanks for the Pure Collection silk shirt tip - I will have a look. My torso is quite short so I'll skip past the Whistles one I did have my eye on, if its actually long.

YouAintNoLady Thu 01-Aug-13 10:55:23

Grey boots to replace the ones I have just thrown in the bin - bloody loved those boots, so am on the hunt for some more like them and will buy them early in the season for maximum choice if I see the ideal pair.

Other than that, am going to see which trends really take off, as some always fall by the wayside and just buy a couple of bits and pieces, as fortunately already have fur gilets, leather skirt and some of the other basics.

I would love to wear the leopard skirt with a white shirt, as I absolutely love white shirts. However, they look beyond hideous on me so I never ever wear them. V pale skin plus norks = not good for white shirts.

LadyMilfordHaven Thu 01-Aug-13 20:18:49

i would too but I am so short waisted, that tucked in things can look a bit busty iykwim

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now