Bra intervention help

(43 Posts)
ThinkyPantsWorryWort Tue 30-Jul-13 12:32:00

Hello, unexpectedly have a few hours to shop. Have read lots on bra intervention but haven't measured as thought it would be an age before I had the chance to shop.

So I have bought a tape measure and measured myself in m & s toilets! Not sure I should admit that!!!

So I come out as 39 under bust, and 45 over bust at a 90 degree angle.

Should I start at 38D?

Any suggestions warmly recieved!

Empty on the top generally means t shirt bras won't work very well - balconettes like the Cleo Juna are often quite popular.

Try to have a look at your boobs objectively and work out of they are close set or wide set (i.e. how big is the gap in the middle), and whether the individual boobs are narrow rooted or wide rooted (i.e. how much breast tissue do you have workings its way round under your arms or are they very much on the front?)

JacqueslePeacock Wed 31-Jul-13 10:07:12

Erm...I have never considered these questions before, but I'd go with quite far apart and mostly on the front but with a little bit making its way under my arms. That doesn't sound too appealing, does it?! Can you suggest anything?

In that case I would probably try the Cleo Juna - cleo has relatively deep cups so might suit. You will probably hate Freya (wide wires ime) and curvy kate. Bravissimo own brand do some great bras, they do vary quite a lot though (intentionally) but I would give some of their balconettes a shot too

JacqueslePeacock Wed 31-Jul-13 10:12:27

Actually the fitter in M&S (I know, I know) described them as "narrow but sticky-out" so maybe that helps!

JacqueslePeacock Wed 31-Jul-13 10:13:25

X-posts. That sounds great, thank you! Personalised bra fitting help via Mumsnet - just wonderful. thanks

ThinkyPantsWorryWort Wed 31-Jul-13 10:29:08

I don't really know where to begin. . . . in that respect! Small and droopy! Quite a wide space in between them. . . . can I be more descriptive?

In that case deep cups will probably suit you jacques - I think might also like the panache idina

AvonCallingBarksdale Wed 31-Jul-13 20:51:03

Hello! I know I'm in the wrong bra (currently 38C). I've just measured and I'm 35 and 42. Should I be looking at 34F?? shock Thanks in advance!

Try 34F/FF and 36E/F. The 34s are more likely

Everything seemed ok with my newest bras but I'm experiencing something I've never had happen before. One of them, on the back, is actually rolling up. Not riding up my back but the material is actually rolling up! Is there a reason for this or is it just bad luck?

AvonCallingBarksdale Wed 31-Jul-13 21:52:21

Great, thanks StatisticallyChallenged!

blueraincoat Thu 01-Aug-13 14:01:04

Hi Ladies,

I need help!

I measured 38 under bust and 50(!) at a right angle, does this make me a 38J?!

SorrelForbes Thu 01-Aug-13 16:11:30

blueraincoat Try a 38HH and similar sizes (e.g. 38H/J, 36J/JJ)

blueraincoat Thu 01-Aug-13 16:26:41

Thanks Sorrel, I am a bit shocked!

SorrelForbes Thu 01-Aug-13 16:41:44

OneLittleLady I get this with a couple of my bras too. I think (but am happy to be corrected) that it's just a quirk of that specific bra/fabric.

blueraincoat Yes, it's a bit daunting at first but honestly, you'll notice such a difference.

blueraincoat Thu 01-Aug-13 17:06:52

Well I have just ordered some in 38HH and 38J (can't really get to the shops at the moment) and will report back when they arrive.

blueraincoat Sat 31-Aug-13 19:46:23

Finally just but the bullet and went to Bravissimo today, amazing service, felt at ease and comfortable, no cats bum mouth like the mean M&S lady! Am a 38HH. Norks look fab. Thanks for all your help ladies! smile

SorrelForbes Sat 31-Aug-13 20:35:04

Yey! Great news indeed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now