Can anyone enlighten me as to what the key trends are likely to be for A/W 2013?

(97 Posts)
flippitydoodah Fri 26-Jul-13 14:03:33

Am hoping that I wont have to add much to my current wardrobe to update my look. Hoping some of the bloggers who also mumsnet will contribute some advice too! TIA

LifeofPo Fri 26-Jul-13 21:24:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

What price point are we expecting these to come in at?

FunnyLittleFrog Fri 26-Jul-13 22:34:43

Oh, Vogue says that the Sailor Boy will be in so not far off the mark with Naval Bohemia

Wear it all with a smoky eye and a red lip

Ah yes, I forgot the smokey eye

LadyMilfordHaven Fri 26-Jul-13 22:51:35

Lol at a boy shoe

LadyMilfordHaven Fri 26-Jul-13 22:52:13

Every autumn they obsess about winter coats (for London commuters ) and do military chic.

LadyMilfordHaven Fri 26-Jul-13 22:53:22

Killer heels.
Etc etc

DelayedActionMouseMaker Fri 26-Jul-13 22:54:26

Waffling, Is chit the new posh way of saying shit? ;)

FunnyLittleFrog Fri 26-Jul-13 23:01:21

They also obsesses about 'office to bar / restaurant / cocktail party' dressing.

If I ever do that (v rare) I take a change of clothes <suburban face>

FunnyLittleFrog Fri 26-Jul-13 23:03:28

"The must-have fur coat for next winter comes straight from the wild in-pop colors with disco and grunge flares. As if they were dipped in fluorescent paints and bleached in acid, furs goes two-tone and tricolor, and blacks change to neon yellow and hot pink as brown turns red or green, changing the style codes of urban sophisticates and their classic furs."

Not my words. The words of French Vogue.

What's the new black this A/W?

libertychick Fri 26-Jul-13 23:39:51

The answer is Navy Dry Don't you know anything????? grin

<marches off to banish everything black and replace with navy because vogue says so>

<whispers> I am secretly hoping for some real answers to the OP's original question....

<whispers...so am I>
I would love to be "on trend" instead of letting others do it first before trying it two years later.......

libertychick Fri 26-Jul-13 23:58:24

Me too - the surest indication that something is on the way out is me buying it!!!

Or when Primark copy it!

doyouwantfrieswiththat Sat 27-Jul-13 00:07:50

please tell me I can carry on print clashing, it gets me a seat of my own on the bus.

Beaverfeaver Sat 27-Jul-13 00:14:31

Animal prints especially snake and crocodile. (Replacing leopard.

Black, grey and dusky pinks.

Black hair.

Navy nails.

Turquoiseblue Sat 27-Jul-13 00:16:46

smile love it, can't wait to take my Breton stripes into autumn ....... Delighted to be accidentally on trend.

santamarianovella Sat 27-Jul-13 00:24:07

liberty i hope its not navy!
lets wait and see what emmanuelle alt wears at milan and paris fashion weeks in sep/oct. im sure she will guide us to the right path grin.

shaggyrogers Sat 27-Jul-13 08:33:01

That will be black skinny jeans, killer heels and a black blazer, as always!

Karbea Sat 27-Jul-13 14:55:49

Hello,

Think someone's already said this, but lots of fur and leather, faux and real.

LadyMilfordHaven Sat 27-Jul-13 15:40:55

Not like last year then

SchnitzelVonKrumm Sat 27-Jul-13 15:43:23

Oh S&B, you are mean grin

Belindaearl2 Sat 27-Jul-13 17:00:06

Decorate teeth instead of nail couture, with 'mossy'

sleepdodger Sat 27-Jul-13 17:12:30

Hello op
To actually answer your question with out taking this mick out of fashion speak... the following will be about-just not all at once and together!!

Think country heritage, lots of lovely knits over denim skirts, cables, rich colours, chino in rust olive etc paisley eclectic patterns mixed together

Leather look trims with deep berries, smokey greys and pencil skirts

The leather skirt will be an investment piece and worn smart and casually eg with a casual jumper

Rich florals for day to evening wear- think silky looks mid sheen not shine
Trousers in pj style in smart fabrics
Not as many sequins and glitz as last year

Animals on jumpers - think knitted animals as when I was a kid lol

Black and white smarter monochrome worn with a statement colour- bottle green, cobalt blue or a mustard yellow all newer

Then a bit of a softer more vintage look think great gadsby lace off white pinks etc

Hope that helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now