So, I'm tweeting about bras with M&S. Who wants to tell me which stores have given incorrect measurements?

(434 Posts)
WeAreSix Thu 18-Jul-13 14:31:32

They have asked which store fitted incorrectly. Apparently they've invested a lot into their Bra fitting and would like to know which stores have incorrectly measured / fitted.

Shall we give them a list?!

Unlabelled Thu 31-Jul-14 12:48:36

Utter crap..I referred them to Bravissimo.

HazleNutt Thu 31-Jul-14 12:46:14
HazleNutt Thu 31-Jul-14 12:46:07

and the "expert" on their video goes: "So you're 31,5 so you add 5 or 4.."

HazleNutt Thu 31-Jul-14 12:39:55

So what's the revamp, that you can now book an appointment online to be fitted as a 36C?

Unlabelled Thu 31-Jul-14 12:30:36

This is the reply I just got from m&s regarding their bra fitting

@marksandspencer:We've listened to customers & revamped our bra fitting service - see here http://t.co/bIDDNFQdFW for more details smile

RufusTheReindeer Wed 30-Jul-14 13:11:43

Fareham

Measured dd as a 32b

She is a 28 d (I'm a bloody 34 and I'm twice her size) (actually make that 3 times her size)

SorrelForbes Wed 30-Jul-14 10:47:13

30GG fitted in M&S Plymouth as a 36DD/38D. That worked well...

Spurtle Wed 30-Jul-14 00:02:43

Aberdeen fitted me as a 38c. After trying a few on, all of which looked awful, she concluded that I was oddly shaped and would just have to make do. I was 18 at the time, had a horrendous body image, and left very upset. I'm currently a 32ff, and back then would have been a 30 back most likely. I hate m&s for doing that to me! I still remember the feeling of humiliation at being told I was an odd shape.

NancyFancyPants Tue 29-Jul-14 23:37:27

Solihull Mell Square.

Fitted me as a 38a/B.

I'm a 34DD!

FishRabbit Tue 29-Jul-14 23:33:29

I'm not really sure. I'm also not sure why I bought it when I was spilling out of it and it really hurt. I assumed they knew best as they were the experts and I was just someone who thought I had bigger boobs than I did...

How on earth did they manage that FishRabbit? Surely your boobs must have been exploding out of it (a 36D is designed for someone measuring 36 under and 40 over, whereas a 30B is for 30 and 32!)

They never fail to surprise me

FishRabbit Tue 29-Jul-14 21:23:45

It's shocking that they've just ignored this. Maybe the guardian should steal all your research and write a brilliant article.

I wear a 36D... Bristol M&S said I was a 30B. I wore it to work. My ribs bled. I took it back and told them the extent. They nodded and said "ok! Do you just want a refund?"

MsVenus Tue 29-Jul-14 21:20:16

Liverpool Church st said I was 32B. Debenhams measured me in at 30D and it feels so much better.

swooosh Tue 29-Jul-14 21:15:04

Bishops Stortford. Told me I was a 36 c. In fact a 30F:

NellyNoodle1 Tue 29-Jul-14 21:13:52

Merry Hill Dudley convinced I was a 36C - I'm a 34F.

VanillaHoney Tue 29-Jul-14 17:52:28

Bexleyheath. Totally wrong size after fitter made a lot of fuss about not doing fittings without an appointment. Even if fitters are standing around doing nothing..

Also tried Bluewater but staff was do unfriendly I decided to give it a miss.

I like M&S just not for underwear...

ScarletButterfly Tue 29-Jul-14 16:14:04

Darlington measured me at a 40B. Newcastle Eldon square put me at a 38A.

I'm wearing a 36 EE.

mychildrenarebarmy Tue 29-Jul-14 16:11:55

I have now noticed that this is an old thread. Surely the fact it has been resurrected with people telling the same old story from so many different stores should tell them something!

mychildrenarebarmy Tue 29-Jul-14 16:05:04

Lakeside. They measured me at a 40C but I am actually a 38FF.
Basildon also measured my preteen daughter as a 28A but she is actually a 30C.

Furball Tue 29-Jul-14 15:51:53

Who invented the + 4 " though, as it really does sound crazy. Imagine doing that with your waist! You'd need more than a belt, maybe that's where braces come in grin

ScrambledSmegs Tue 29-Jul-14 15:27:36

And re: the bravissimo point in my previous post, how many women don't realise that they do need a D cup +, that it isn't some weird 'huge' cup size and that it is actually quite a normal size?

I blame the media with their guesstimates of celebrity bra sizes. Katie Price, 34F? You're having a giraffe, mate. I'm both fatter and smaller of boob than her.

ScrambledSmegs Tue 29-Jul-14 15:18:47

I am so tempted to go and get fitted in M&S (Marble Arch, only the best bad fitting for me wink ) just for the sheer entertainment factor of it. I average a 30G.

The sad thing is, if you don't have larger breasts to make you try Bravissimo in the first place, you're unlikely to head into a store where you're going to be fitted correctly, especially if you're young. My first bra-fitting experiences (post crop-tops) involved me going into John Lewis with my mum, and them fitting me in a 36B. I was 14 and size 6-8, it was an atrocious fit - the band was so loose that I could get both hands under it with room to spare, it should have given the fitter an inkling that it was the wrong size but no.

Of course this was 20-odd years ago now, for all I know they've improved. Have they?

Shame M&S didn't take it on board last year, Statistically, but I can't say I'm surprised.

Baddderz Tue 29-Jul-14 15:03:08

That should read derby

Baddderz Tue 29-Jul-14 15:02:37

M and s debt out me in a 36dd
John Lewis put me in a 32f
Looks so much better!!

PenelopePitstops Tue 29-Jul-14 14:57:49

Measured as 40a in the fort Birmingham.

Then told 'well it will be hard to find a bra that fits both boobs as they are such different sizes'.

Same woman also said 'most of your boob is under your armpit, that's why you have a small cup size'.

Bravissimo measured me as 34d which looks FAB!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now