Another former "A-cup" has been converted!

(629 Posts)
KatyTheCleaningLady Thu 18-Jul-13 02:08:08

I finally clicked on one of the bra threads and was shocked to hear that there's only ever been one true A-cup on here.

I have always thought of myself as a 36A. But, I tried the measuring thing and got 35" X 38".

Could I really be a 34C??

Well, I tried one on at Asda, and it fit much better than I would have ever imagined. It was a little tighter than I'd like, but the cups were perfect. A 36C wasn't as smooth a fit. I didn't have time to try on other styles. But, when I get the chance, I am going to find a bra that is suitable in a 36C.

DeepPurple Sat 20-Jul-13 12:30:48

I'm 35" and 42" someone please advise me?

deeppurple try a 34FF, 34F, 36F, 36E. The 34s are more likely

DeepPurple Sat 20-Jul-13 12:40:53

Thank you!

Ok. Just measured. Can someone tell me what I'am. 30 tight underneath, 36 loose over

30E to start

30e?? That can't be right maybe I measured wrong. Just looked at some 30e bras online and they'd be way too huge??

the 30e are generally part of ranges that go up to g or higher. The models are likely bigger than e cups.

herbaceous Sat 20-Jul-13 16:36:18

I have a q. I've recently staged my own bra intervention, and got myself some 34e and 34f bras - I measure 33 and 39. However, I'm finding they dig into my ribs under the centre of each boob. Is this just a case of flab, or getting used to them, or a symptom of a bad fit?

It could be a bra style issue - sometime it's the shape, or the trimming at the bottom

This doesn't make sense.
My boobs don't stand perpendicularly out from my body when I stand (as they do when you do the measuring). According to the new measurement/chart, I'm a 34E which is absolutely ridiculous - there isn't enough boob to even half fill an E cup! Measuring makes my boobs really long and thin, as I say, there's never going to be enough to fill anything other than a B or (depending on style) C cup!

I also don't get all this "migrating breast tissue" - if there is bulging around the straps etc. then surely you know you have put on the wrong size bra and therefore don't buy it?

It works for a lot of people as you can see smile

Cup size is relative. What size bra are you wearing just now

CelticPromise Sat 20-Jul-13 17:27:58

Give it a try Hope all these happy people can't be wrong smile

Your boobs will stand out from your chest in the right bra. The dangle measurement is only ever an estimate, but mine droop a lot on the dangleblush and my measurement is accurate.

Also, not all E cups are equal. What size are you wearing?

CelticPromise Sat 20-Jul-13 17:28:20

Afternoon Stats smile

ello celtic. Just back from the park with DD - I so wish I could have set up an intervention tent...there were lots of unhappy boobies

CelticPromise Sat 20-Jul-13 17:36:33

I've been spotting unhappy boobs on the tube. And tried ( again) to intervene my sister who refuses to listen!

sudointellectual Sat 20-Jul-13 18:35:46

Hello! I have another thread going just now about my ugly legs and someone mentioned getting intervented!!

I did this when one of the first threads popped up and changed my size from a 40 dd to 38f

Measured again today at 38 / 52

What say you gurus?

CelticPromise Sat 20-Jul-13 19:38:11

Glaikit that would be 38JJ or thereabouts. You must have some serious overspill in an F??

I say...your boobs have grown! On those measurements you are in the region of 38JJ! I am guessing that if you scoop in your current bra you have copious quaddage?

How does the back on your current 38s feel if you pop it on back to front?

Celtic I think you and Sparkle might be on the psychic bra elastic with sorrel and I!

CelticPromise Sat 20-Jul-13 19:44:44

grin

shock really?? shock shock shock

38s feel ok when I put it on but by the end of the day I'm just dying to get out of it.

I thought I was just about right and the lady in debenhams, who measured by eye said 38f too. My poor squished boobies!

Have you tried scooping? Quite often it's the cause of big discrepancies - lots of boob tissue escaping but backwards/sideways rather than out the front

SorrelForbes Sat 20-Jul-13 20:01:11

Twang! Evenin' all

evening Sorrel!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now