Danni Minogue's Hair

(20 Posts)
IcedTeaOneSugar Sun 14-Jul-13 21:33:00

I'm looking for a new hair style for the summer and I'm thinking of going short, I've had a variation on a bob for many years and I'm ready for a change.

What do you think of this style?

Danni is about my age and my hair is similar in colour, although ready for colouring, which I do myself and will sort before I go to the hairdressers.

Do you think it would take much styling?

The reason I stick with the bob is that it's so easy to dry and style, I have very fine hair which needs washing practically daily, although in a shorter style I could probably get away with every other day.

buttercrumble Sun 14-Jul-13 21:37:46

Beautiful love this style smile

IcedTeaOneSugar Sun 14-Jul-13 21:41:35

Thanks, that's two of us who like it so far grin.

Is it really bad form to take a photo to the hairdressers with me?

She'll be very shocked at me having a restyle, don't want to push her over the edge smile

Facebaffle Sun 14-Jul-13 21:43:05

ooh I've just today saved a pic of her on my phone to show my haidresser this week.

I love her hair and don't think it'll take much looking after smile

YoungBritishPissArtist Sun 14-Jul-13 21:45:51

I don't think it's bad form at all. All the hairdressers I've had liked people to do that. It's easier than having to explain in words!

XBenedict Sun 14-Jul-13 21:47:11

Ooh I love it, go for it!

IcedTeaOneSugar Sun 14-Jul-13 21:52:29

I'll make an appointment in the morning, very exciting.

Dancealot Sun 14-Jul-13 21:53:46

I took that very photo to the hairdressers last year- hair was past my shoulders at the time. I loved it like this and it was very easy to style, despite me having very thick wavy hair. I've grown it a bit longer since but may go this short again at some point. I say go for it!

celticclan Sun 14-Jul-13 21:56:08

I can't see a link.

Where is the picture from?

DeathByTray Sun 14-Jul-13 21:59:20

That's a nice hairstyle that can be slick and sophisticated or texturised with some hair product for a more funky look.

It wouldn't suit me though - my ears stick out too much so I like to keep them covered grin

IcedTeaOneSugar Sun 14-Jul-13 22:12:19
celticclan Sun 14-Jul-13 23:05:14

I like it. I wish I could carry it off.

DIddled Mon 15-Jul-13 00:07:57

I love it!! I am going to have it done. I have shoulder length blah boring hair- need something shorter and practical for gym/ running lifestyle. thanks opsmile

ClartyCarol Mon 15-Jul-13 00:13:38

I like that style a lot on Dannii M, but I think you have to be very pretty, elfin featured and glamorous to carry it off, with make up perfectly applied and stylish clothes and accessories. Otherwise I think it runs the risk of looking plain and practical, rather than chic, iykwim.

IcedTeaOneSugar Mon 15-Jul-13 08:21:00

I trust my hairdresser implicitly, she'll get the final say in terms of whether i can pull it off. I'm definitely going short though.

finlaysmum12 Mon 15-Jul-13 12:07:07

lovely. I have really fine curly hair which I blow dry straight into a short bob,takes about 15 mins all in. if I haven't time to wash it I find if I put in a couple of big Velcro rollers before my shower then give it a quick blast with hairdryer,it stops it looking limp.

I think the key with a style like that is shiny shiny hair smile

amessageforyouYoni Mon 15-Jul-13 13:23:19

Its a lovely style - would suit many different face shapes and hair types, too. Go for it!

Danni's hair is always gorgeous, isn't it? <jealous>

IcedTeaOneSugar Mon 15-Jul-13 17:31:28

Thanks everyone, my haircut is booked for Friday smile

IcedTeaOneSugar Mon 15-Jul-13 17:58:10

Would anyone care to recommend a styling product for this haircut?

I have very fine, very straight hair.

twinklestar2 Mon 15-Jul-13 19:25:28

Love Dannii's hair! Go for it!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now