Okay, fat people, what are you wearing in this heat??

(104 Posts)

People, I am fat, and hardly any of my summer clothes fit me. I need to keep my arms and lower legs covered (psoriasis, varicose veins). I am wearing jeans and long sleeved shirts, and I feel huge, hot and horrible. What can I wear??? I have ordered a couple of maxi dresses and shrugs to cover my arms. What else? I went in Evans the other day but the huge display of polyester smocks was just depressing.

Meanwhile I am digging out my zoe harcombe book in hopes of a quick detox but know it will not work miracles.

Any advice welcome!

valiumredhead Mon 08-Jul-13 18:16:14

Ffsblush

Rowgtfc72 Mon 08-Jul-13 18:25:31

Three quarter grey joggers and a red and blue stripey polo shirt. I look very chavvy and its probably not the best thing for an oversized 41 yr old but in my head Im 20 and a size 10 so I dont really care! Re damp patch on chairs, shuffle forward slowly before you move-works for me!

katydid02 Mon 08-Jul-13 20:52:52

good idea valium, thanks.

TwinkleSparkleBling Mon 08-Jul-13 22:16:42

Lady V do THE BEST plus size dresses (thanks to a S & B thread that I discovered them, so sharing the love).

Whenever I wear one I get loads of positive comments and I am fat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now