A well fitting, smart/sexy and preferably push-up bra size 38A... impossible???

(675 Posts)
justkeeponsmiling Thu 27-Jun-13 22:42:46

I am sooo fed up with trying to find a well fitting bra, preferably nice looking and adding a bit of "volume" in my size...
I'm starting to feel like a freak!
Am i really the only person in the world with really small breasts and a slightly larger ribcage?
Every bra I find is either too tight around my chest or has gaping cups. I need a wired one as any others leave me looking completely flat-chested.
Any suggestions of shops or online retailers would be greatly appreciated!

hobbjobb Mon 28-Jul-14 10:35:47

I've been too scared to do this as my boobs are just too massive! I'm breastfeeding right now so my measurements are 43 under and 54 on the hang blush
Can you size me? And where is the best place to get parachute sized bras? I normally use Evans but their choice is a bit limited...

ouryve Sat 26-Jul-14 21:45:40

Fab stuff, lotaz smile

Brave, if the cups are big enough, the bands don't cut in. Try it on backwards, first, just to be sure (I'm 31.5 under bust, at the moment and have bras with anything from a 30-34" band, depending on the make - and I'm quite tubby, even though I'm far from tall). If anything, the marks left are less pronounced because there is less slipping and rubbing. A good bra should hold pretty still.

lotaz Sat 26-Jul-14 14:19:29

Well I never! Shopping trip complete and 2 x very well fitting 34E bras purchased! Shocked and stunned - been wearing 38a's for about 30 years lol! Had to try on a lot to get them right mind you and it takes some getting used to doing the bra on the loosest hook and it still feeling very snug. Very happy though - thanks to this thread :-)

BravePotato Sat 26-Jul-14 13:31:37

That just sounds wrong.but will try. My bras are quite loose fitting at 34, but I would hate to have welts where the bra cuts in iyswim

goodasitgets Sat 26-Jul-14 06:41:37

Brave - try a 30E smile

BravePotato Sat 26-Jul-14 05:28:40

I wear 34c, but just measured:

30 under
36 if at 90 degrees at biggest point.

A 30 something would be ridiculously tight though, no?

And sounds silly for a 6ft1 giantess like me!

lotaz Fri 25-Jul-14 07:15:50

Wow thanks ouryve - seems hard to believe I will be able to get a 34 round my rib-cage - very broad and nearly 6ft tall! But will certainly try this weekend and let you know! :-)

ouryve Thu 24-Jul-14 23:10:58

Sorry, 34E. Finger counting error blush

ouryve Thu 24-Jul-14 23:10:19

Around a 34F, lotaz

lotaz Thu 24-Jul-14 22:58:08

Hi :-) I am currently wearing a 38a but having read this not sure this is right! Under bust I am 34, and bending over I'm 40 - please could someone tell me what size I maybe should look to Buy? Thank you so much!

PeachandBlack Wed 09-Jul-14 17:53:07

I've been lurking in these threads forever and just thought I'd let you know that I went to Bravissimo today. I went from an M&S 40DD to a 36 FF. I actually threw away the bra I went in wearing and came out wearing the new one!

Keep up the good work.

Ts not a great picture, the more I look at it, it actually looks quite good under my clothes - my breasts are very close together and I like that bit of separation but its not as severe as the picture looks. Yes I think keep it as a starting point whilst searching for the holy grail sounds a good idea. Thanks so much for your advice x

I think you're probably better in the 38 by the sounds of it korma and the 38k isn't a bad black to start by the looks of it. I'm on my phone though so picture small! I think we can do better style wise though as that's giving you a very east west appearance. I'd maybe look at trying some different styles now that you have a better picture on size.

That said it looks wearable and given what you have said about your old bras I'd be tempted to keep itfor now and wear it day to day whilst you try out others.

goodasitgets Wed 09-Jul-14 02:34:22

Lean over at 90 degrees and measure around the fullest part smile
Underbust should be done standing upright, measure tightly

catinbootz Wed 09-Jul-14 02:05:30

Going to be a complete nuisance and not RTFT. but can somebody describe to me exactley how to do the dangley-down measurement pleeeeeeeeese??

No probs x
I'd try a 36 c which essentially should feel like a 38 b does if you see what I mean

I think the band is supposed to be quite tight. I didn't think I'd fasten the 38 after trying on a tight 40 but actually, although snug, the 38 feels strangely comfortable woith a better fitting cup

lisa3895 Wed 09-Jul-14 01:16:05

thanks for replying Kormachameleon , I have tried a 36b before but it was too tight. 36" is a snug measurement

Hi Lisa. I'd try a 36 c to start with. Is the 36 a snug measurement ?

lisa3895 Wed 09-Jul-14 00:53:11

hi, could anyone work my bra size out for me pleaseeee. I've been to M&S and end up with a 38A but it is still too tight! My measurements are 36.6" and 39". But they are very saggy and far apart.

Right, 38k on. Is much better. Central gore I
Sitting flatter, band tight but not cutting off circulation. Top of cups still loose but not as loose. Apologies in advance for the flab and stretch marks but I've got a photo, does it look ok to you ?

You're here ! Thank you so much for answering

I scooped like my life depended on it. The band felt tight but I do have the 38, might as well try it.

Ill report back x

OK, first up have you scooped? Lean forward, put your left hand inside your right cup, round under the arm, and pull all the tissue forward. Repeat other side. That'll give a better idea of fit in the cups.

Now, how does the band feel? How far from your body can you pull it?

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say that a) you need a tighter band to pull the cups up and the gore in and B) you need cups which aren't as tall as the tango so more balconette style

I'm looking for some advice is possible please

i ordered panache tango in 40jj and 40k. I think the jj is the best fit but both are baggy on the top of the cup and neither sit flat in the middle

any ideas where ive gone wrong ?

An f really isn't big when measured correctly. To give you an idea, bravissimo stock up to an L cup which is 10 cups bigger

Zepherial Tue 08-Jul-14 13:54:41

Okay that's good to know, it is my birthday soon so I know what I will be buying. Thanks ladies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now